Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 12:49:41 PM EDT
I have come to the realization that as much as I use and enjoy this site I need to become a paying member.  Looking at memberships got me thinking, does AR15.com give money to pro 2A lobby groups or do any active fighting for rights on either local or national levels (other than all of the promotion that goes on here by members in the forums)?  Just interested in knowing about the corporation/company that is AR15.com?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
ar15.com is a long-term BATFE intelligence-gathering project.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you doing for AR15.com is the bigger question...buy a membership freeloader
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What are you doing for AR15.com is the bigger question...buy a membership freeloader

Anyway's....

This is a private site, so who knows what kind of response you get.

I guess getting us cheaper NRA memberships and allow us a spot to complain is a good start.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have come to the realization that as much as I use and enjoy this site I need to become a paying member.  Looking at memberships got me thinking, does AR15.com give money to pro 2A lobby groups or do any active fighting for rights on either local or national levels (other than all of the promotion that goes on here by members in the forums)?  Just interested in knowing about the corporation/company that is AR15.com?

Have you ever looked at the front page of ar15.com? Not the front page of the forums, the front page of the site.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It makes it well-known that there are a lot of people out there who like their guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It makes it well-known that there are a lot of people out there who like their guns.

It is also a good way to keep your ear to the ground to help stop tyranny.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Each HTF Forum has (or will shortly have) info and links to State and, if pertinent to the Forum, Regional RKBA orgs.

What folks do with the info is up to them, of course.

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how feasible it would be...

But, what about a "round up" type program similar to what Midway does with the NRA?

The proceeds of course could go to a number of different places.

When purchasing memberships or other items from the store, you could offer an option to tack on say 1, 3, 5 dollars and donate it to a predetermined organization.

Many folks are eager to give, especially when its convenient for them and they know its a good cause.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Arfommer Hit for Gun Rights Stand in Chicago: Defense Fund Opened; Matching Funds Pledged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top