Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 6:18:59 PM EDT
missed opurtunities? fun you should have had?

I am 23 and just kinda feeling like I might be missing something so I am wondering from the experience here what do you wish you had done, that you never did.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had won the lottery last night.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish I had won the lottery last night.

ya, me too.... but you gotta play to win.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
"Paint a self portrait."

"Build a house."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Fighter pilot
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
i never regret anything i have done.  i have made some decisions that didnt work out well, but i dont get into the "what if" game.  just a waste of time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
SIIHPAPP.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I regret not buying a Saiga shotgun and a crapload of mags a few years ago, or a Tromix upper in .50 AE...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I regret not buying a Saiga shotgun and a crapload of mags a few years ago, or a Tromix upper in .50 AE...

but then dont we all
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Either gone to the University of Montana and studied anthropology or UCLA film school and broke into the movie industry. These were the dreams of my young adulthood. My point is if you have a wish or desire do your damnedest to fulfill it. Never say coulda, woulda, shoulda run with your dreams. I'm not knocking what I have I'm a 53 year old high school history teacher with a great family but every now and again I wonder what if?

pursue your dreams while you still can

Alvin

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I had done a few strippers at the Tanga Lounge last night
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish I would have been in the Army and became a Green Beret.

I wish I would have went to Medical School.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
If I'd have stayed in the USMC I would have retired 30 years ago and been young enough to start life over with a pension.
if I'd have kept playing trumpet I'd be really good now.
I regret not taking my camper to snowboard from Whistler to Lake Louis to Tahoe and then up and down the Rockies before I got too much  older and sicker to do it.

You'll never regret learning something worthwhile
You'll never regret learning a vocation or two or three
You'll never regret college degrees hanging in your office.
You'll never regret creating something, building something, inventing something,
the last thing  that you won't regret is , giving something beneficial to your community, your country or somebody else.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I shoulda been nicer to a crap load of folks

I regret not spending more time with my grandparents when they were alive

I regret not banging the gal my older brother married back in 1976 when I had a free shot at it

I regret working away from my kids for months at a time

I also regret passing on an offer from a gorgeous lady because I was a chicken-shit kid. She turned out to be pretty deranged, but I should have hit it... I was 16 and she was 35...

Other than that I'm okay with my choices... well there was a night in Tromso, Norway I'd like to forget... I think the wittnesses have all died by now... whew!

PITSNIPE OUT
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Ya I guess I just kinda have been having an office space moment lately. I have a degree and a damn good job, but I just kinda find myself saying .... "is this fuckin it"

So I guess I don't want to miss doing something but I dont really know what that something is yet..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fighter pilot

OH YEAH! I always imagined in another life thats what I would be. Must be the most awesome feeling in the world, a feeling I could not possibly put into words, but if I close my eyes (sometimes I day dream) I truely can imagine the feeling ___AWESOME___
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fighter pilot

OH YEAH! I always imagined in another life thats what I would be. Must be the most awesome feeling in the world, a feeling I could not possibly put into words, but if I close my eyes (sometimes I day dream) I truely can imagine the feeling ___AWESOME___

i was almost in a plane crash on a commercial flight..... that is enough for me!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]
In elementary school I played violin.  Wish I'd continued playing music.

Had entrance to UCLA, wish I'd have actually gone.

Wish I'd have married earlier and had kids even though I might have been a mediocre parent.

That enough

ETA, I have done some things....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish I would've could've been a Force Recon Marine instead of a "regular" Marine, but even though I was a model recruit and sailed through boot camp with relative ease, I have to admit I didn't have what it takes to be Recon. Next to that, I had the opportunity to go to ANGLICO ( a sure thing ) and I didn't do it. I REALLY regret that one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Either gone to the University of Montana and studied anthropology or UCLA film school and broke into the movie industry. These were the dreams of my young adulthood. My point is if you have a wish or desire do your damnedest to fulfill it. Never say coulda, woulda, shoulda run with your dreams. I'm not knocking what I have I'm a 53 year old high school history teacher with a great family but every now and again I wonder what if?

pursue your dreams while you still can

Alvin

We have a friend that went to UCLA and became an engineer but he took every film class they had at UCLA.  Just recently he showed us his student films, pretty cool...he's 60.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I'd finished my degree
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Two chicks at the same time

Joined the .mil when I was out of high school
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish I had'nt of been the guy who kicked Bill Gates ass in high school for being a nerd.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish I started collecting M16's when I was in the Army.I would have sold them all and bought a house by now.

I regret not dropping off The Wave at Kirkwood after a 2 ft dump the night before,it looked hairy at the time and I chickened out.

Other than those two things,nothing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I have more troubles thinking of a few things I should never have done.

I am 23

you have missed nothing spring chicken.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
"Paint a self portrait."

"Build a house."

Nicely played
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Hiking the entire Appalachian trail, and riding my Harley form here to the end of the Alaska
highway. too old to hike now but still might make the ride.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Not fucked up my back........   However I managed to do it  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I should of put the booze down early in life and saved more money.
I screwed up. I should of kept my priorities right..
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I wish I'd take more time along the way to appreciate what was around me rather than hurrying from task to task and putting horrible amounts of pressure on myself to be perfect, even though nobody gave a shit about it but me.

Thankfully I had a wake-up call and that's all changed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Should have joined the Marine Corps, looked at the Navy back in 84 after I got out of high school, did not follow through on the Navy because of some chick I was seeing at the time...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#33]
There is plenty of things I have done that probably weren't smart to say the least but I let them ride out and it turned into something else that is good.

Shit here I am in Schweinfurt ready to put some foot to ass for my country (with both hands tied behind my back with the ROE) but none the less I think I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for some of the things that could be thought of as regretable.

Just my two sense.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I wish I'd have bought a couple of crates of M16's back in late 1985.

That and I wish I'd never started smoking.

And I wish I had just half the money back that I wasted on cars and hot rodding and drag racing over the years. Not the money well spent, just the money wasted. I could probably pay off my house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top