Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 8:01:21 AM EDT
Hi there Fella's this is Superflys wife. I tried to set up my own account but the site won't let me as our email addy is already being used and it won't accept my hotmail anyway thats a whole another subject. Superfly asked me to post this subject for him because he just has to much to do and just doesn't have the time to sit down and do it.
Anyway enough rambling on....

Heres the deal.  His best friend has been telling him that he can make really good money if he could get out to CA and work with him (he's a truck driver) driving our truck pulling whatever needs to be delivered and working with a BOBcat for clean up out in NO. His best friend said that he could find him loads that he would be able to haul with our truck and then when clean up starts they would get 2 Bobcats and start work with that. They have talked about leasing them and Superfly thought about just buying one himself. Thing is to be able to do this he would have to quit his job here as it doesn't sound like they are willing to give him leave because he doesn't have disaster relief training. We aren't worried about health care because we both work at the same place and I would just take on that expense while he is gone. He is having trouble deciding if he should or shouldn't. He is worried that once he gets there the work won't be available or that he won't get paid for it.

What do you think? Is there money to be made? Is the work gonna be there? Would it be worth him to do this? What would you do if it was you?

Any And All Advice Would be Appreciated

Thanks Ladyfly
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It is hard to know what he should do. His Friend is telling him could make really good money if he gets out there and gets working. We are just hoping that if he does do this that we could get our house paid off because that would help us financially a tremendous amount. But on the other hand he has a secure job that brings a steady pay check.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have children?  How long would you be apart?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
We have 2 kids. He is thinking he would go out there for a month come for a visit then go back for month. Yes he would be quiting his full time job. He isn't happy with it anyway. Our thought was that if he would be making the kind of money that he figures he would be then we could pay off our home and have one less payment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend of my wife's husband is got a Bobcat and is making 1300 a week minus the wage he pays a Mexican to walk around and help......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top