Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 4:35:30 AM EDT
When traveling through "police states"? I may have to cross through Maryland today and need to know what you guys do with your heaters? Mags locked in the glovebox and pistol in the center console? Pistol need to be further away than that?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
F.O.P.A.
Link
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Go through the part of Maryland that is only 3 miles wide, and go fast.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Here in PA we are land locked. Be careful
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just obey the traffic laws, DO NOT speed on any of the toll roads, MTA Police are really anal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Make sure your car's equipment is all working, registration is up to date, and don't speed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
This time of year my heater is OFF and the A/C is full blast.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude,

I shit bricks when going from PA to a friends house in VA if we are shooting.

It's that 15 minutes of paranoia while crossing MD before the joy of reaching West Virgina. The only saving grace is my cross point is Western MD, which is a different MD and as far as I am concerned PA should Liberate and Annex by force of arms.    

I lock everything up in the trunk and put one of those cable locks through the action. Which works if I have a car but, if I am in the Jeep technically screwed since it does not have separate "trunk". So it's exactly the speed limit and driving like I am taking my road test when I was 17.  

As far as going East, I don't carry as much as a slingshot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I avoid them like the plague.

I add an hour to the already long trip while driving home to Georgia, by skirting around the little portion of Illinois that the GPS always wants me to take.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
just hold the piece outside your driver side window and yell chitty chitty bang bang, lol. jk as another poster stated FOPA –– read it, know it obey it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Why are all you sissy boys so afraid of carrying? "Oh what happens if I get stopped? Will I pee myself?" Do you expect to get pulled over? Do you expect to be stopped on the street and get frisked? How many times have you driven somewhere or walked somewhere and not been pulled over or stopped? If you're not doing something stupid ( yeah, I realize this is Arfcom) you'll have no contact with law enforcement so MAN UP and go about your business.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This time of year my heater is OFF and the A/C is full blast.

+1

And +1 to the first reply.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I strip naked and fire shots out the window at road signs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why are all you sissy boys so afraid of carrying? "Oh what happens if I get stopped? Will I pee myself?" Do you expect to get pulled over? Do you expect to be stopped on the street and get frisked? How many times have you driven somewhere or walked somewhere and not been pulled over or stopped? If you're not doing something stupid ( yeah, I realize this is Arfcom) you'll have no contact with law enforcement so MAN UP and go about your business.

This makes me want to go to the post office for some reason...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh SNAP!

You vaginas just got told by the popo.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Mags have to be unloaded in MD.

ETA: I once stopped and went FOPA for that 15 minutes in western MD. Just plain forgot the last 4 or 5 times.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#18]
NOthing
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Some of you guys are seriously paranoid. When was the last time you got pulled over for a traffic ticket and the officer searched you for weapons? When was the last time you were out shopping or taking the dog for a walk and an officer confronted you and searched you? It simply does not happen unless you are doing something really stupid and then you get what you deserve.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Go buy yourself a common ordinary black Samsonite briefcase.  I like the ones with a single combo dial in the center.  Available all over the place for less than $100.  You can drive around with it unlocked on the passenger seat so it's still fairly quick to get out your pistol in a tense situation, even in enemy territory.

But if you're getting pulled over you can casually reach over and spin the dials before you stop.  That way the officer can search your car but not the case.  He can't forcibly pry open a locked case on a Terry search.  In fact, if he wants to search it he's going to have to arrest you for something, seize it, and then get a court order to open it up.

Worst case is they pick it up and shake it.  This happened to a friend of mine, and he said you could hear his SIG P239 thumping around.  So he shouted at the JBT "Hey, man, that's my brand new IPad you're beating up!!!  If it's broken I'm coming back and making you pay for it!!!"  The LEO immediately put the case back down on the seat and let him go without a ticket.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Concealed means concealed.

Maryland means Maryland.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Some of you guys are seriously paranoid. When was the last time you got pulled over for a traffic ticket and the officer searched you for weapons? When was the last time you were out shopping or taking the dog for a walk and an officer confronted you and searched you? It simply does not happen unless you are doing something really stupid and then you get what you deserve.

Its Maryland for shit sakes. You obviously dont know the place so go about your business.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
If I'm driving threw, nothing. If anything else, or I know there will be a stop, I'll unload it and make sure it follows whatever that state happens to want. I just don't tend to go into MD, NJ, NY very much.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Unload, seperate and don't get pulled over.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I generally unload box and lock before inleave as md isn't that far and then a
Up in va or wv

PA and va should buy a right of way
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Go buy yourself a common ordinary black Samsonite briefcase.  I like the ones with a single combo dial in the center.  Available all over the place for less than $100.  You can drive around with it unlocked on the passenger seat so it's still fairly quick to get out your pistol in a tense situation, even in enemy territory.

But if you're getting pulled over you can casually reach over and spin the dials before you stop.  That way the officer can search your car but not the case.  He can't forcibly pry open a locked case on a Terry search.  In fact, if he wants to search it he's going to have to arrest you for something, seize it, and then get a court order to open it up.

Worst case is they pick it up and shake it.  This happened to a friend of mine, and he said you could hear his SIG P239 thumping around.  So he shouted at the JBT "Hey, man, that's my brand new IPad you're beating up!!!  If it's broken I'm coming back and making you pay for it!!!"  The LEO immediately put the case back down on the seat and let him go without a ticket.

I like that idea of it being lockable in a non-gun looking safe, yet still handy.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When traveling through "police states"? I may have to cross through Maryland today and need to know what you guys do with your heaters? Mags locked in the glovebox and pistol in the center console? Pistol need to be further away than that?

That'll get you locked up here....Pistol needs to be out of reach of the driver or in the trunk....
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll get you locked up here....Pistol needs to be out of reach of the driver or in the trunk....

I wasnt sure exactly what MD specified. So I drove an extra hour and a half just to bypass the place. I dont know how you guys live there, I know the western part is different, but I think most of the pricks in the State Police end up stationed there for some reason. I guess to keep the normal people in check.

I wonder how much revenue they miss out on because of the Nazis there, I know I wont spend a dime there. I also know a lot of truckers avoid it like herpes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In MD, transportation of a handgun (without an impossible to get permit or in very specific circumstances) will put you in jail for over a year, so you can never again own a firearm.

I think I will be a little paranoid while taking a gun to the range.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea of it being lockable in a non-gun looking safe, yet still handy.

Thank you.

Yeah, thanks!

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't Fuck up

Concealed means concealed
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#33]
My first double tap!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I do the same thing but obey the speed limit as to not draw unwanted attention.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Simply avoid states without reciprocity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top