Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2007 3:19:19 PM EDT
Just curious what you do with your cigar bands? I've been gluing mine to the wall at work, but I'm looking for something creative to do with them. So, give me some ideas as decorating the inside of the trash bag isn't the best idea.
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Since I'm fairly new at smoking gars, I've decided to start a cigar dossier using this form from CI:

www.cigarsinternational.com/graphics/dossier.pdf

I figure it will help me remember what I like and don't like down the road till I become more well versed in the ways of the force
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
We Frame 'em when we get enough new bands that we haven't framed before, or just keep 'em in a box for mementos.
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's affiliated with an important event, I keep it and it goes into a frame behind my desk.  I remember what they're linked to, some are even the same type of band... they're just reminders, that's all.

I'll be adding another soon to go along with my first child being born, a son.
Link Posted: 6/25/2007 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't keep them.  It would be like keeping empty brass (well, not quite, but you get the idea).
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Throw them away unless I get a sampler, Then keep it and order a box of them and then throw the band away
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually toss them. Years ago when I first started smoking I would glue them into a sketchbook along with some notes on the cigar - my thinking was that I could use it as a guide for cigar buying. That got old after a few months though since I'm borderline adult ADD :)
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.bandwagonusa.com/

I'm not so sure those prices are deals but if they are then you get my vote for best link of the day.
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I made a book with them a few years ago. I try and get at least one band from every cigar brand in the book. Its about 3/4 full and about 200 pages filled.

Link Posted: 7/20/2007 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I kept every one I ever smoked over the years. last year I threw out 3 wal mart sacks full because over the years my taste had advanced and they no longer held any use.
i  did keep the Cuban bands and laminated my favorites to keep to keep as a reminder of those special ones.
Link Posted: 7/21/2007 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll post a picture of a jar I use to keep the ones I remember to take out of my pockets prior to the washer.

1000's of them in there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2007 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I keep mine in an old bucket. When I decide I've got enough, I plan to glue them all to a piece of cardboard and frame it to decorate my office /smoking room
Link Posted: 7/23/2007 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I usually let them pile up on the table until they're falling on the floor then throw them in the trash.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#15]
when i was 19,i put them in scrap books,and over the years,kept tack of prices,likes dislikes...that was 1989,and in a few years,the boom came,and it was next to impossible to keep track of the sticks,but alot were real crappy....about 96 i stopped keeping them.funny to note my tastes back then...went from mild to strong,and wouldnt touch a mild for years,but now i smoke mild,med and strong.
the only lables i really keep are cuban lables,and i put the m in the boxes the came in.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top