Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:50:35 PM EDT
Cash? I was thinking 20$ in an envelope inside a Christmas card. Is it rude to just hand them the sealed card and tell them Merry Christmas?

Before people get all butt hurt, I like my 2 delivery people. UPS always gets it there and they are nice enough to put things where I asked them too. Same for USPS, at least my local driver.

My local USPS guy has also done some BIG favors with expensive or time sensitive stuff in the past, so I wanna show appreciation.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:54:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tex7488:
Cash? I was thinking 20$ in an envelope inside a Christmas card. Is it rude to just hand them the sealed card and tell them Merry Christmas?

Before people get all butt hurt, I like my 2 delivery people. UPS always gets it there and they are nice enough to put things where I asked them too. Same for USPS, at least my local driver.

My local USPS guy has also done some BIG favors with expensive or time sensitive stuff in the past, so I wanna show appreciation.

View Quote

$50 UPS

"All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period."
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:57:05 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MikeS369:

$50 UPS

"All postal employees, including carriers, must comply with the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Exec­utive Branch. Under these federal regulations, carriers are permitted to accept a gift worth $20 or less from a customer per occasion, such as Christmas. However, cash and cash equivalents, such as checks or gift cards that can be exchanged for cash, must never be accepted in any amount. Furthermore, no employee may accept more than $50 worth of gifts from any one customer in any one calendar year period."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeS369:

$50 UPS

Well damnit, I wonder if he likes pmags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:12 PM EDT
My mail lady seems to do a pretty good job at putting the mail in some box out by the curb without me asking her

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:15 PM EDT
Get them something delivered from fedex and see if they get frustrated like me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:04:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul:
Gift cards for them.

I have to give them early because my normal UPS guy gets subsituted for a two person team with one guy/gal driving and the other running the packages around Christmas.
View Quote

I saw my USPS guy and made sure he has my route tomorrow, he doesn't always work Fridays.

UPS is coming tomorrow with a bunch of shit. I'll check to make sure it is the normal guy.

Gift cards from where? starbucks, food, something else?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:09:43 PM EDT

USPS. $ 25.00 cash in a CHRISTMAS card.  
FTRULES
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:39 PM EDT

I saw my USPS guy and made sure he has my route tomorrow, he doesn't always work Fridays.

UPS is coming tomorrow with a bunch of shit. I'll check to make sure it is the normal guy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Gift cards for them.

I have to give them early because my normal UPS guy gets subsituted for a two person team with one guy/gal driving and the other running the packages around Christmas.

Probably like a visa gift card so they can use it just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:12:26 PM EDT
I think my carrier will be getting a map of the neighborhood with addresses and names. There was a box "delivered" on the 30th of November that is unaccounted for, and I was home all day that day, still unaccounted for after 2 phone calls to the post master . Another time my set of clubs got delivered to another house in the neighborhood. Guess I'm lucky to be a lefty cause the poor sap who received my clubs brought them to me that evening .
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:20:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Crkrdice:
I think my carrier will be getting a map of the neighborhood with addresses and names. There was a box "delivered" on the 30th of November that is unaccounted for, and I was home all day that day, still unaccounted for after 2 phone calls to the post master . Another time my set of clubs got delivered to another house in the neighborhood. Guess I'm lucky to be a lefty cause the poor sap who received my clubs brought them to me that evening .
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:24:49 PM EDT
I give mine pmags
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:41:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Crkrdice:
View Quote

I was thinking GPS. Since it also has a clock and date on it
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:18:10 PM EDT
Don't bother, the DIADs already have all of those things

OP - folks generally tip cash in envelopes minus cards. Anywhere from 10 bucks to 500 - obviously give what you're comfortable with.

Also, regifted gifts cards have been popular lately.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:23:19 PM EDT
Not tipping either. I have a PO Box. And the UPS guy just leaves packages on my doorstep and does not even knock.
Top Top