Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:23:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 5:24:26 AM EST by EagleArmsHBAR]
I got this stupid letter from an Insurance Recovery Division guy representing my old company I used to work for as a financial advisor. When I quit there the company switched my commissions that had not yet paid out and gave them to other associates. Now, I get this letter saying I need to pay $565 back to them to recover commissions that were paid to me that should not have been or they will turn me in to a credit collector. Any ideas on what I should do? I am really pissed andd I hate that company and my old boss. Can they really repot me to a credit agency?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:23:42 AM EST
Tell them to pound salt.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:25:15 AM EST
How long has it been?

What was your compensation program? What we are talking about is residuals - were you entitled to them?

I think the company should just swallow this one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:27:32 AM EST
Figure it out, if you owe, pay it. If you do not owe tell them to pack a lunch.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:28:03 AM EST
It's not worth them taking you to small claims over it so they're just going to try and ruin you're credit?

Wot fuckers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:29:06 AM EST
Is the money owed to you or not?

THAT is the question that derives the answer.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:32:17 AM EST
I was expressed annualized commissions. They are charging me back for people that stopped putting money in before the year was over. However, they never did pay me on 4 high profile clients even thogh I did all the work and got papers signed. The money was not credited to their accounts until the day after I left, so they never payed me on about $2K.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:23:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
I was expressed annualized commissions. They are charging me back for people that stopped putting money in before the year was over. However, they never did pay me on 4 high profile clients even thogh I did all the work and got papers signed. The money was not credited to their accounts until the day after I left, so they never payed me on about $2K.

Based on that, get a lawyer to write a letter back for you, expressing that, and declaring that not only are you not going to pay them, but you want your $2k.

But don't let them ruin your credit over $565...
Top Top