Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2002 5:13:48 PM EDT
Every time I eat fried chicken, I think of when I was growing up.  For many years, after the family would come home from church late...which was EVERY Sunday...we would go buy some fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits and bring it back to the house for lunch.  Mom or dad would add a vegetable or something to the table, and we'd drink iced tea.

I am sure there were times I got sick of eating the same thing nearly every Sunday for lunch, but in many ways I loved it because it was consistent and was a good time of the week.

So, anyone else have a similar experience?  What did/do YOU eat for Sunday lunches?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Fried chicken and corn bread and slaw and sweet iced tea.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Long ago, when I was just a small lad and my dad was stationed in Germany, we used to go to the officers club on Sunday and get SOS and omelettes.  We always had the same waitress and the food always ruled.  I'll never forget that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My mother would make a roast of beef, gravy, potatoes, carrots and various green vegetables.

Chocolate pudding for desert.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Long ago, when I was just a small lad and my dad was stationed in Germany, we used to go to the officers club on Sunday and get SOS and omelettes.  We always had the same waitress and the food always ruled.  I'll never forget that.
View Quote

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "SOS" (not the scrub pads or the signal for help)?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "SOS" (not the scrub pads or the signal for help)?
View Quote

Herumph....."SOS" be Shit-On-a-Shingle.

Edited to add:  Shit be some sort of chipped mystery-meat in a vibrant but delicate cream sauce and the shingle be toast.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Must be a "Southern" thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Spam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top