Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 4:23:15 PM EDT
Most everyone here has seen the ABC World News confiscation video from NO.  At the end
a young guardsman says, "You dont wanna think about the stuff your gonna have to do
if someone pops around a corner."

The reporter responds, "You mean shoot a American."

He the young Guardsman replys, "Yeah."

What do you think the young guardsman meant when he said "pops around a corner" ?

POLL COMING

LB
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait for the poll DF

LB
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I suppose he meant if someone that did something that would require he defend himself.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope he realizes that he is the enemy today and his death would be a victory for America.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I cannot believe only 18 people voted....

LB
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Are you really asking?

Thats just a generic phrase to describe someone surprising you and is aggressive.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of the units I was in,"if somebody pops around the corner, shit, maybe they have some beer,hell lets go find out"!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you really asking?

Thats just a generic phrase to describe someone surprising you and is aggressive.  

I know that...   and thought everyone did.  This is to settle a disagreement I had with
another Team Member

LB
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I inferred that he means an aggressor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:24:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do these asshats have looser rules of engagement than I have here?

I am madder than hell about this shit, yeah take their guns away and put them at the convention center where someone can cut their head off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why do these asshats have loser rules of engagement than I ahve here?

I agree 100%.

The ROE's there are loser ROE's. They are also looser than the ROE in Baghdad.

(ibt lose-loose-looserer nazi's)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I hope he realizes that he is the enemy today and his death would be a victory for America.hr
You sir are the proud owner of dupe#4.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why do these asshats have loser rules of engagement than I ahve here?

I am madder than hell about this shit, yeah take their guns away and put them at the convention center where someone can cut their head off.

Your a Marine after my own heart...  

That doesnt mean I wanna be swappin' spit in the shower once ya get back!

Keep up the good work, Devil Dog

USMC_LB

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hope he realizes that he is the enemy today and his death would be a victory for America.hr
You sir are the proud owner of dupe#4.This kind of post is what limits our overall freedom of speech and legally can be twisted around to look as if this could quite possibly be a collective attitude and not a personal one.Respectfully speaking,use your head man!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top