Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2011 3:53:24 PM EDT
Man oh man, my neck and back is killing me.  I went to prime care after work because it hurt so damn bad I didn't want to move and they said muscle strain, put me on a muscle relaxer, vicodin, and naproxen.  It's been 2 hours since I took the first dose of stuff and while the light pain went away, the worst pain is still there and very strong.  It feels as though it's on the inside of my spine and it just hurts something horrible.

I used to think I had back pain after working but this is a whole new level of fuck my life I have never felt before.  I now feel sorry for people who deal with this all the time.  This sucks.

Please tell me this will go away soon and I will be able to move a bit without feeling like I am going to break.  I have not done anything that I can think of to strain anything.  No accidents or anything.  I just lift a lot of 4x8/5x8 sheets of 5/8 particle board all day to cut them into pieces.  Maybe repetitive motion injury?  I have a 3 day weekend so I will be taking it easy.

They didn't even do an xray.... or even feel my neck/back, just where/how does it hurt, here take these and have a good one.  WTF?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
After a few hours I went to the ER and they did xrays (no damage to spine thank god) but then they started me on IV drugs.  Valium, then Toradol <sp?> then dilaudid <sp?> and finally ativan <sp?>

All I can say is fuck who every came up with that dilaudid shit.  I never felt so horrible in my life.  It was instant and I had no control over what was going on.  Still had horrible pain in my neck and then I felt like puking.  Never again.

The ativan knocked me out for a couple of minutes at a time.  Finally got discharged and was told the cafeteria was open... ate a biscuit and gravy with hash browns.... puked it up within a half hour.

This sucks ass.  My back and neck still hurts but I don't want anymore narcotics... they make me sick to my stomach.  I don't see the attraction to these things by dopers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top