Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 12:51:50 PM EDT
My mom used to always get some cut that I don't think were actually ribs but we cooked them that way. Lots of meat and wide thin irregularly shaped bones. I couldn't find those the other week and had to get the normal round rib bone type ribs that are mostly bone.
Today I bought some more and found some called "country style"
They have the round rib bones but the bone part is much shorter and there is a big chunk of meat. Not only do these have a much better meat to bone ratio, and therefore more meat per pound of purchased material, but they were $1 cheaper per pound too.

So, mainly bone, or mainly meat?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's the meat?

Max
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the country style pork ribs
the ones I get have NO bones in them
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Does "whatevers on sale" count
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I like the country style pork ribs
the ones I get have NO bones in them

Me too, no bones, country style pork or beef ribs.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Country Style, sprinkle on a bit of dry rub and cook in a 375 deg. oven for 4 hrs.  Ummm, Ummm good.  Dang, now ya' got me hungry for ribs. LOL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
my butcher sez country ribs (also called western ribs) is really a Boston Butt that has been trimmed and cut into slabs.

I like 'em meaty, dry, and plentiful.

Pork ribs are kinda like Hooters...
There are only two kinds...
Good 'ol big'uns
and Big 'ol good'uns!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I think my mom is the only person in the world who likes nibbling on rib bone instead of actually eating rib meat
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Your talking about country ribs, and they aren't real ribs. I like baby back ribs best.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Any of them!!

Guess some trimmed St.Louis style smoked,not grilled would be my favorite though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top