Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 3:37:26 PM EDT
Its ruger m77. Has built in iron sights and a stock like I've never seen before. Its a .30-06 and its really compact and light so I sort of want it for a hunting rifle (I hunt dense wooded areas). I'm really digging the old school look of it. Fo or no?

Sorry for the sucky pic!

Eta: forgot some key information. Its brand new and has a price tag of $780 that is negotiable. What would a good price be?

</a>" />
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Mannlicher stock. Intended to double as a walking stick (not kidding)

I probably messed up the spelling on the first word.

Edit: apparently the same guy that does the price tags at your gunshop does them at mine!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mannilicher stock.

I probably messed up the spelling on the first word.
View Quote

Yes, it is man licker.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ruger M77 RSI. I have a blued one. They are quite desirable with that full length stock.

Here's mine;

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It's one of the Ruger International series of long guns. I had a 10/22 international some time back

$600, then resell it. Those international's bring decent money on line. As for a daily shooter, humping it around the woods, don't see it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
For a single aimed shot, probably fine, to shoot groups (even for zeroing) not so good.  I've not had good experiences with Ruger centerfires.  For zeroing, you may have to wait 20-30 minutes between shots for it to settle down so bring an extra rifle to practice with.  BUT for walking in the woods and getting off that ONE shot, ok (No, I didn't mistakenly think that it is one of their single shots)
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen one recently for about $150 cheaper. Might want to look around before deciding.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice gun

Love the stock

CZ makes a similar design but both have their own respective merits

Lots of snobs turn their noses up at M77's but that's bull hockey
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Flip it or use it if it floats your boat.

Some of the Rugers (most of them ?) have fairly rough triggers but there are reasonable aftermarket units that more or less drop in .
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very nice gun

Love the stock

CZ makes a similar design but both have their own respective merits

Lots of snobs turn their noses up at M77's but that's bull hockey
View Quote

I really like it too. Keep finding myself goin back to look at it and fondle it. Now that I know what the hell it is I see their price is pretty damn high BUT I've dealt with them a lot before and they are very flexible with their prices. They like to put high price tags on hoping people just pay it without doing any research. Luckily I have you guys!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Stock never did it for me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice hunting rifle. I'd buy it if I had the $$ and needed one. Get some quick release scope mounts and a nice lower powered scope with decent eye releif and hunt it 'till you can't anymore.

You can always get that long, .30cal bolt faced action rebarreled into just about anything you want some day too. Keep the original barrel in case you ever want to sell it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Gun from heat
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Stock never did it for me.
View Quote

Ya it's definitely an acquired taste
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Kinda reminds me of the stocks on a Winchester 1895 musket
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
CZ although one of the online sellers maybe Centerfire had Zastava Mausers in the same configuration for less money
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Beautiful rifle, really digging the stainless/Mannlicher combo.

I'm a sucker for stainless rifles in a wood stock, though. I hunt with a 700 CDL-SF
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Classic style stock from pre WWII era. Usually found on European sporting rifles, German and Austrian most common.  Never real big in the US. I have a Ruger 10/22 and a 44 Magnum carbine with one. The carbine is quite rare.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ruger M77 RSI. I have a blued one. They are quite desirable with that full length stock.

Here's mine;

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! I can't get the damn thing out of my head. I love the old school looks of it. I actually went in there to look at a gunsite scout but I'd take this anyday if the price was right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Beautiful rifle, really digging the stainless/Mannlicher combo.

I'm a sucker for stainless rifles in a wood stock, though. I hunt with a 700 CDL-SF
View Quote

Yup same here. LOVE the looks of this thing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Whoo! That LGS thinks right much of his stuff price wise.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Whoo! That LGS thinks right much of his stuff price wise.
View Quote

Yeah they've always been that way. Their prices are always very negotiable tho
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#22]
They're pretty rifles , always loved the style , even though they arent suitable(optimum) for bench work .

I'd hunt with one
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They're pretty rifles , always loved the style , even though they arent suitable(optimum) for bench work .

I'd hunt with one
View Quote

I think I'll get it if I can get him down to a reasonable price. He said its been in there a really long time so hopefully he'll be motivated to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Looked at it a few times, really grew on me.
Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looked at it a few times, really grew on me.
Nice rifle.
View Quote

Same thing happened to me
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Saddam had one, it recently sold for big bucks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think I'll get it if I can get him down to a reasonable price. He said its been in there a really long time so hopefully he'll be motivated to get rid of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd hunt with one

$500 or walk. If he really wants to sell something collecting dust.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's available in a short action, which I personally would prefer with that bbl length. I like them in 308, 7mm08, and 7x57.
Like most Rugers, they are serviceable, strong, and accurate. CRFs a plus if that's your thing. Ruger actions bed with the front  bolt at an angle, which can make custom bedding "different." Shouldn't be an issue to most people.
Good rifle. It'll last for years.
If you want to get rid of it, let me know, If I'm not in the market I'll know someone who is.
Offer$650. Make them meet you around 675-700 with rings and all. If a Ruger 77 doesn't have the proprietary rings with it, knock a hundred off for your troubles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its ruger m77. Has built in iron sights and a stock like I've never seen before. Its a .30-06 and its really compact and light so I sort of want it for a hunting rifle (I hunt dense wooded areas). I'm really digging the old school look of it. Fo or no?

Sorry for the sucky pic!

Eta: forgot some key information. Its brand new and has a price tag of $780 that is negotiable. What would a good price be?

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps34019798.jpg</a>" />

It's available in a short action, which I personally would prefer with that bbl length. I like them in 308, 7mm08, and 7x57.
Like most Rugers, they are serviceable, strong, and accurate. CRFs a plus if that's your thing. Ruger actions bed with the front  bolt at an angle, which can make custom bedding "different." Shouldn't be an issue to most people.
Good rifle. It'll last for years.
If you want to get rid of it, let me know, If I'm not in the market I'll know someone who is.
Offer$650. Make them meet you around 675-700 with rings and all. If a Ruger 77 doesn't have the proprietary rings with it, knock a hundred off for your troubles.

Comes with rings. Im going to go back tomorrow and talk to the guys. Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:46:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nice deer! The first shot I took at a deer was with that identical rifle, around 1988. What's yours chambered in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's mine;

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg

Nice deer! The first shot I took at a deer was with that identical rifle, around 1988. What's yours chambered in?

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I have the CZ 550 full stock in .308

Love it.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I always liked the Internationals.
It's also one of those guns I liked but never bought.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:23:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Awesome rifle. Will likely appreciate since I think all the SS/mannlicher rifles are special runs for Lipseys.

Awesome if you hunt out of a blind.

I got one in 7x57 and could easily double my money if ever inclined to sell. Which I won't.

Folks hate on ruger centerfires based on bad barrels two generations ago.  Old news. Like saying Glocks can't mount a light cuz yo pappy had a gen 1 g17.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top