Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/11/2003 2:00:15 PM EDT
I am thinking of getting one, it is a heavy barrel, flat top, no forward assist..
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:09:48 PM EDT
ahh, you saw the one at H & H too huh?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:10:08 PM EDT
Check their industry board for more feedback. They make great products and have great customer service. A class act all around. -Z
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:17:02 PM EDT
my match rifle is a DPMS. It will shoot well under 1.5" at TWO hundred yards. Although I don't think they make the BEST rifle out there(ya gotta go custom for that) I'll say this about them: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COMPANY WORK HARDER TO MAKE A CUSTOMER HAPPY!!!!! Frankly, I had a problem with mine, (it was one of the first match rifles they made.)and had to send it back. Instead of replacing a couple parts, they REBUILT THE UPPER. If customer service means anything, I'd go DPMS again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:27:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ghostchild: ahh, you saw the one at H & H too huh?
View Quote
LOL, well maybe...... also saw another Sig 220 45 that I have my eye on as well...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:52:38 PM EDT
H & H is sky high pricewise. Mark at Brigadoon Surplus In Midwest City deals DPMS. I bet he can beat whatever price H & H is charging.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
Excellent quality mil-spec rifles, and parts. Every bit as good as Bushmaster IMHO...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:57:24 PM EDT
Funny, I've heard just the opposite about DPMS' quality. I don't remember the sources, but more than one has warned of less-than-desirable quality. Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:58:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:59:17 PM EDT
DPMS, pull trigger and it will go bang. More than I can say about some rifles.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:14:53 PM EDT
I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:30:07 PM EDT
they DON'T have chrome lined barrels, but remember, in a match grade rifle, you don't WANT a chrome lined barrel. Chrome lined barrels DO last a lot longer, but generally speaking, there is a certain loss of accuracy. Of course, Uncle goes with the Chrome lined barrels for reasons of durability. Taking that into consideration, I've just opened myself up for flaming from some of the idiots that hold MilSpec as Holy Grail. There are people out there that would buy a screen door for a Submarine if it was genuine MilSpec. One thing about a chrome lined, if you're lucky to get a GOOD one, (chances of winning the lottery are about the same as getting a good one.)They WILL last a lot longer. In about 10 seconds from when I post this there are going to be a large number of guys that SWEAR that their chrome lined is capable of sub minute accuracy. Show me the targets. SOME may be, but damned few. For a varmint or target rifle, go to the competitive forum. Ask them how many of them use chrome lined for varmints or serious competition. MAYBE 1/2 of 1%.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:30:45 PM EDT
Just as good, IF NOT BETTER than Bushmaster. Service is top-notch. All assembled by people in a small Minnesota town! [:D] As far as extruded uppers...They are still hardened. The extruded uppers do not have the dust cover or forward assist. Chrome lining is great if you don't care about achieving sub-MOA results.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:18:28 PM EDT
Actually, all the DPMS uppers sold by CMMG Inc have chrome lined barrels (according to their web site). Sounds like you can get either from DPMS.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:37:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:40:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 8:41:05 PM EDT by -Scope-]
Ah, looking at that one? I work at H&H and had a customer come in with one of those and a nice Millet scope on it. That rifle puts the bullets where you want them. If I wanted an AR, I'd probably get that one. It's the least expensive AR in the building.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:29:09 PM EDT
I have a DPMS Extreme Bull 24 that I put together, it's an absolute TACK driver. All the bullets in little tiny holes all day long,or till the caffeine gets to you. it's a heavy bugger, (1.1" stainless barrel, whoa) but it's dang accurate. Get one, you'll love it. Very good rifles and SUPER accurate. Matt
Top Top