Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 7:27:05 PM EDT

I built my computer in Dec. of '09. I was able to run any game on its max setting. Now I have to run homefrount on low and sometimes it's choppy.  

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition

motherboard: FOXCONN A7DA-S/A7DA

Video: Radeon HD 4850 1Gb

Ram: 8GB DDR2

I think I need a new video card, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't help. If I buy one, what should I get? I don't want to spend more than $300.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:18:44 AM EDT
Maybe vid card, but have you tried a Win reinstall?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:29:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:30:47 AM EDT
I'm not too sure a new video card would improve things that much.

The video card companies like you to believe it will, certainly.  They're even happier if you buy two.

Your specs are pretty good.  You're running Windows 7, so please tell us your Windows Experience Index (WEI) scores.  It isn't perfect, but WEI can provide some basis for comparison between different machines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top