Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/3/2015 9:17:21 PM EDT
I just got a HSGI slim battle belt. I am having a hard time choosing a holster system. I like the idea of a quick release system. I will primarily be carrying a G19. I appreciate any recommendations or info. I would love to see some pics of what you guys are running.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:32:26 PM EDT
I use a short drop leg on a Safariland 6004 most of the time. Safariland has a "plate system" that allows swap out for other holsters although I haven't used mine very much.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:32:54 PM EDT
Sam Brown.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:35:11 PM EDT
I use a quality universal thigh rig from Spectre, but I believe HSGI and LBT make one along with many others. The key is getting one that allows a high ride and not that flopping around the knee shit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:35:14 PM EDT
I have a USGI pistol belt with the OD nylon flap holster that used to be issue, forget the model. The times I open carry its perfect for my uses.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:35:58 PM EDT
I have one of those mil-spec vest thingies, with all the MOLLE straps and a drop leg holster for my XD, with the extra mag pouch on the end.

All in different camo patterns, so it looks all GoodWill-ish.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:37:08 PM EDT
I think my wife bought my belt at JC Penney.  I'll have to ask her later.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:37:48 PM EDT
Safariland.

For a duty holster, Safariland is the only maker I will use.  The ONLY.  They are well made, have good attachment options, and work...and for what you get, the cost is very reasonable.

The only other option I would entertain would be G-code, but their holsters are often more expensive and I doubt they do any better of a job of holding a gun than the Safariland.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:37:53 PM EDT
I use a G Code RTI holster with the slight drop. It's great because the holster is locked and secure but can be unlatched an taken off with the push of a button. Very secure but very simple.

G  Code holster

Belt adapter

It worked perfectly on both my SOC C battle belt and my HSGI.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:38:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:38:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 9:39:10 PM EDT by buckshot_jim]
VTAC belt with Blade-tech holster. G-code holster is better....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:40:29 PM EDT
I got one of the USMC surplus belts and use a G code holster along with a few AR and Pistol mag carriers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:40:45 PM EDT
Mid-Ride SafariLand
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:41:21 PM EDT
I highly recommend Safariland.  I get all of mine from copquest.com.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:43:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 9:44:38 PM EDT by mike_nds]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:43:53 PM EDT
G-code 2" drop RTI quick release.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:45:05 PM EDT
Safariland ALS
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:45:41 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lhotse:
I use a G Code RTI holster with the slight drop. It's great because the holster is locked and secure but can be unlatched an taken off with the push of a button. Very secure but very simple.

G  Code holster

Belt adapter

View Quote

For what it's worth, you can put the G-code RTI mount on a safari land holster.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:46:21 PM EDT
To me, the great thing about the Safarilands is that they have been around FOREVER. They are a known entity at this point. Yes, they may be a little heavier than some other etc....but, they can be found reasonably cheap-because they have been around so long and adopted by so many agencies etc....and they are BOMBPROOF, they are also available for EVERY firearm known practically...... Locally, a Federal Agency uses them for Glock 17's. Every couple of years they sell off a pallet of them, not kidding, for about $15 apiece......I have quite a few of them....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By colklink:
I have a USGI pistol belt with the OD nylon flap holster that used to be issue, forget the model. The times I open carry its perfect for my uses.
View Quote

this.  it's probably not as groovy as the OP has in mind, but my 'knocking around the country' setup is a VN-era pistol belt with a flap holster, 2x pistol mag pouch, 3x rifle mag pouch, and knife.  it hangs in my room right next to my rifle.

cost practically nothing, and works.  if i actually had money, i'd probably fancy it up with chrome and flames painted on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:48:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:54:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=20905
View Quote

It should be explained that is a Safriland holster inside of an HSGI SKD spec drop leg.  Great setup.

Also, stay safe, sir.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT by JSteensen]

KISS
- She's been to Iraq a couple times, but I found simple is better. She usually has 1x M4 mag on it as well.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:00:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=20905
View Quote

Nice set up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:04:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

I have one of those mil-spec vest thingies, with all the MOLLE straps and a drop leg holster for my XD, with the extra mag pouch on the end.

All in different camo patterns, so it looks all GoodWill-ish.

View Quote

I demand photos of you modeling this setup.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:12:55 PM EDT
I use a VTAC Brokos with one of their Cobra belts. Gives me the option to use molle or standard belt loops
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:13:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:00:15 AM EDT

Great looking setup. Details please.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:04:55 AM EDT
Not sure what constitutes a battle belt.  But this is what I use for pistol classes.   Hsgi with Velcro inner.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:11:16 AM EDT
Safariland ALS on a UBL is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:45:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 5:46:22 AM EDT by buckshot_jim]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

VTAC Brokos with Cobra belt with Blade-Tech holster, ESEE 5, HSGI Blowout pouch, Multitool pouch, Canteen cover and canteen, Maxpedition roly-poly, double HSGI Taco rifle and pistol and week side draw sheath for Izula 2.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:57:38 AM EDT
I run a v-tac brokos and G code. WD
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:30:00 AM EDT

G  Code holster

Belt adapter

View Quote

This. On a Viking Tactics Brokos belt. VTAC cobra belt inside the Brokos.

Love the G Code with RTI off set rig.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:34:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 10:39:07 AM EDT by Alex_F]
Originally Posted By Skydiver0426:
I just got a HSGI slim battle belt. I am having a hard time choosing a holster system. I like the idea of a quick release system. I will primarily be carrying a G19. I appreciate any recommendations or info. I would love to see some pics of what you guys are running.
View Quote

I have the exact same belt.  I went here:

2A Holsters

and had the owner build me a MOLLE holster that fit the slim battle belt (it's harder to find a holster for than you think).  

Tell him Alex F sent you and mention SOCNET.

He will do the holster in just about any camo pattern, mine is in Kryptek Highlander and matched my belt 100%.   Great kit, great guy.

/edit for pictar

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:37:45 AM EDT

G  Code holster

Belt adapter

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:41:55 AM EDT
Wtf do you guys do with all these? Closet commandos?

I'm not sure what I use, whatever the city provides us. Safariland I think.  And it's gloss black they frown upon multicam on duty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:45:17 AM EDT
G Code RTI drop. I only have to toss out 35-45 bucks for another holster to fit my existing gear.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:46:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rogueboss:

I'm not sure what I use, whatever the city provides us. Safariland I think.  And it's gloss black they frown upon multicam on duty.
View Quote

yawn
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:48:59 AM EDT

View Quote

Why do you hate freedom? Should one have to work for a department to own such items?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:52:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 10:52:36 AM EDT by rogueboss]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

Why do you hate freedom? Should one have to work for a department to own such items?
View All Quotes

Not at all

Just wondering what applicable situations you guys wear these in? Pretty simple question
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:56:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:56:53 AM EDT

Not at all

Just wondering what applicable situations you guys wear these in? Pretty simple question
View All Quotes

Not at all

You mean like AR15s? Under what applicable situation would anyone who is not military/LEO use one? Just trying to understand the question.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 11:03:19 AM EDT by RDTCU]
I've got a CompTac international on a custom short drop I made, mounted to the inner belt.
It's not QD, but it's not floppy either, and it doesn't stick the end of the grip out into right field.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:00:39 AM EDT

Not at all

View All Quotes

Not at all

Classes and while washing my truck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:01:38 AM EDT
"Battlebelt"
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:01:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By woob44:

View All Quotes

Not at all

You are ruining it I wear mine while watching SpongeBob.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:05:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:05:46 AM EDT

You mean like AR15s? Under what applicable situation would anyone who is not military/LEO use one? Just trying to understand the question.

View All Quotes

Not at all

Easy, my ar has a scabbard on my Gator, the rifle is a great way to dispose of the coyote problem around here. I'm not trying to be a total smart ass with you just asking.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:06:28 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Not at all

I also wear it while cheeto shopping and repairing my printer if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:07:15 AM EDT

Easy, my ar has a scabbard on my Gator, the rifle is a great way to dispose of the coyote problem around here. I'm not trying to be a total smart ass with you just asking.
View All Quotes

Not at all

Okay, I use mine in carbine classes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:07:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2015 11:09:12 AM EDT by RDTCU]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
"Battlebelt"
View Quote

That's what they're called, blame the manufacturers if you think it sounds too tacti-cool.

I use mine for 2/3gun and classes, no need for umpteen mags and a plate carrier, and it's a lot handier and more comfortable than a duty belt or treading my belt through everything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top