Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2001 9:46:29 AM EDT
I only know of 3 manufacturers who make 9mm uppers. Olympic, ASA, and Colt. I don't like the Oly because of the magazines ($65) but I am intrigued by the ASA. It looks like the ASA is similar to the Colt design and the mags are cheaper than the Oly. I know that Bob at ASA is an ass but how is the quality of his stuff?
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Alls I can tells ya os that I LOVE my Oly .40 S&W.

So does my wife.

How much are ASA mags?? Do they use Colt mags?? I couldn't imagine Colt would be much cheaper than Oly mags.

Also, you can get Sten mags for real cheap, and with a little work convert them to any Oly configuration. (Stens are for 9mm, Uzi mags are for .40 S&W, I beleive)

I'm looking forward to other responses here.

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Forget what I said about the mags. I was thinking about a MK76 I was looking at last night that said mags were $25.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
go with the oly upper, I have one and it works great. forget about thier $65 mags, just buy a socom mag block and you get to use those nice cheap $4 to $6 stengun mags[:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top