Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:04:21 PM EDT
The Pup is about 4 months old.  Not too big, kind of skinny/gangly.   Wondering how much taller she'll grow, and when to expect her to fill out a bit.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
2 Years or so, some breeds are a bit different.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
2 for my Beagle...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
18 months full size, [95% in first year] 2 years for full weight is a pretty good guide.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
2 years!!!!!!!!!   I've got a 10month old yellow Lab that's 85 lbs already.    I'm gonna need a bigger truck.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
2 years is the norm. They can get a bit beefier as they get older due to inactivity, diet, etc.

Sort of like me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told two years by friends but that was not the case. My dog will be 3 in October and he is still growing.
If his neck gets any bigger I will be forced to buy a new collar.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was told two years by friends but that was not the case. My dog will be 3 in October and he is still growing.

He/she is getting too fat then, cut down on the milkbones...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He/she is getting too fat then, cut down on the milkbones...

Big negative on that. This dog is solid muscle and tude.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#9]
2 years is the earliest age they can get OFA certified (hips checked).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Pup is about 4 months old.  Not too big, kind of skinny/gangly.   Wondering how much taller she'll grow, and when to expect her to fill out a bit.  

AFARR

What breed?  It varies alot.  Small/medium breeds 8 months.  Large breeds 1 year to 1 1/2.  Are you talking height or weight?  Large breeds may not achieve full weight for close to 2 years in males.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Mix Breed.

Supposely Black Lab and Terrier (what was reported to be the mother looked like an Argyle Terrier).  Black with white blaze on chest and tip of back paw.

That being said, looks closer to the Beagle/Lab blends that came in the same time to the shelter--wonder if she got mis-labeled.

AFARR

ETA:   Was more interested in how tall she might get--I figured she'd fill out by 2 years.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
my great danes take about 2yrs to geat full hieght 3 yrs to get about 1/2-1inch taller and to fill out on weight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top