Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 2:51:53 PM EDT
Having been watching all the coverage about the hurricane and N.O. and how all these people were "stranded" with no way out...

Well damn there sure are alot of cars and trucks on the streets of N.O., I guess that when the word came to get out of N.O. before the hurricane hit. that all these cars were broke down.....

Just a interesting observation..

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Alot of them are missing rims now.... Yo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL

That's why you pay for the CARFAX before you buy your next used car!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
LOL

I was just about to say, 'COMING SOON TO A USED CAR DEALER NEAR YOU!'

Carfax is only good IF the car gets 'reported', that means an insurance claim has to be filed and paid first.

I've seen firsthand what happens when drivers pay cash for damage, customer gets a carfax report, all is clear and they buy the car, when I get it on the rack it's another story.

Also, more importantly, there are MANY used car dealers that will make CASH offers for these -and similar- cars, and get them. We have two here in New Rochelle that do that, one is always bragging about how he gets these cars for next to nothing..they look great but they are all junk. He is always bringing us his latest purchase for some work before he does his magic touch up job and sells it, I feel sorry for the sucker who pays money for these wrecks.

Just another reason why I tell all of my customers/friends/family etc to have thier mechanic look at any used car they intend to purchase.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL

I was just about to say, 'COMING SOON TO A USED CAR DEALER NEAR YOU!'

Carfax is only good IF the car gets 'reported', that means an insurance claim has to be filed and paid first.

I've seen firsthand what happens when drivers pay cash for damage, customer gets a carfax report, all is clear and they buy the car, when I get it on the rack it's another story.

Also, more importantly, there are MANY used car dealers that will make CASH offers for these -and similar- cars, and get them. We have two here in New Rochelle that do that, one is always bragging about how he gets these cars for next to nothing..they look great but they are all junk. He is always bringing us his latest purchase for some work before he does his magic touch up job and sells it, I feel sorry for the sucker who pays money for these wrecks.

Just another reason why I tell all of my customers/friends/family etc to have thier mechanic look at any used car they intend to purchase.

At least in this situation the Carfax report will show if the vehicle was registered in NO during the time of Katrena. If that doesn't send up a red flag, nothing will.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
<snip>Posted by LoginName:

At least in this situation the Carfax report will show if the vehicle was registered in NO during the time of Katrena. If that doesn't send up a red flag, nothing will.

That's a very good point LoginName.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
And a car with no gas does... what for you?

People - and police - were through at least some areas siphoning gas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And a car with no gas does... what for you?

People - and police - were through at least some areas siphoning gas.

3 days before the storm hit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top