Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/22/2008 8:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 8:24:19 AM EDT by Tony7189]
I got a call from a buddy at work just now. Seems management wants to put me on a machine I was never fully trained on. The bit of training I did receive was over 5 years ago and was never completed, since that time I haven't touched that particular machine. Can you say "Unsafe Act"?

ETA: The thing that really pisses me off is this will force the other operator to work twice as hard to pick up my slack.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:24:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tony7189:
I got a call from a buddy at work just now. Seems management wants to put me on a machine I was never fully trained on. The bit of training I did receive was over 5 years ago and was never completed, since that time I haven't touched that particular machine. Can you say "Unsafe Act"?

Can you say, "OSHA"?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:28:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Can you say, "OSHA"?

The best part is I can drop a 2000 pound roll of paper on the unwind stand about 10 feet by hitting the wrong switch "Danger Will Robinson Danger!"
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:54:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Can you say, "OSHA"?

Yep. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure that you are fully trained on any hazardous machinery before you work with it.

Partially completed training five years ago doesn't fit the bill, IMO.
Top Top