Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 7:49:48 PM EDT
I was just wondering what the military personnel faced with the dilema of re-upping will do differently if Kerry is re-elected. I haven't heard many stories from ex-mil people about the military under Clinton, but I suppose it will be worse under kerry.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i will serve honorably, my enlistment is up in 2009 and that when i plan on leaving anyways.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Harakiri.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm probably going ROTC and, since I know nothing about military life after Basic, how do you all find time to post on ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
FM 31-21

Viva Guerrilla!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a contractor to the DOD, I'm not enlisted military, but if Kerry gets elected, it's already known I have no job.  I'll move back to Phoenix and sell frozen fish out of a van.

-luke
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Irrelavent question at this point, isn't it?

But if you really want to do a hypothical.... I think most would serve with honor and uphold and protect the Constitution.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a contractor to the DOD, I'm not enlisted military, but if Kerry gets elected, it's already known I have no job.  I'll move back to Phoenix and sell frozen fish out of a van.

-luke

How the hell are you going to keep the fish frozen in the back of a van in Phoenix???  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess i will just have to suck it up, I hear things were real bad under clinton. Expect cuts...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
EAS
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If I was not retired I would hope to remember that this is the time my country and my people will need me the most, and stay on station.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I plan to retire in 2035-37, 4 or even 8 years of Kerry would just be a small portion of all I did.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Some military who are afraid to go to Iraq or anywhere else for that matter will be happy to serve under Kerry. I actually ran into a Marine today who said he voted for Kerry and wasn't ashamed. It wasn't a good time to yell at him for being stupid, since I was at work, but I will work that out later. Klinton was an black mark on the country and the military suffered. I hated him and still do today. When I was at my last base, I remember sitting with my friends in front of a tv watching the 2000 election. We were all wringing our hands waiting to see if we would get rid of the Klinton administration once and for all. After the news was passed down that Bush had won, everybody on the base was excited about the bright future we had with a Republican in office, and we had someone who we could talk about without being ashamed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I just extended for another year so I'm gonna be here no matter what.

The idea of seeing kerry's pic' up in the orderly room makes me sick but oh well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#14]
garand shooter gonna be a CMD SGT MAJ. or a GEN?
:)
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I still plan on going in once I graduate either way.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I guess i will just have to suck it up, I hear things were real bad under clinton. Expect cuts...

My buddy was a Major back in 2000 and said his unit was at 40 percent strength!  Not enough enlistments and not enough $$$ to train troops in the specialties for his unit.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
garand shooter gonna be a CMD SGT MAJ. or a GEN?
:)

CW5 if all goes well, but I can stay that long as a CW4.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My buddy was a Major back in 2000 and said his unit was at 40 percent strength!  Not enough enlistments and not enough $$$ to train troops in the specialties for his unit.

GunLvr

It was bad att times, but you had to be resourcefull. When our fuel budget was not enough to even fill 10% of our vehicles for a quarter, we made a deal with the boy scouts to do excavationg and grading work in exchange for all the fuel we needed.

It was kind of sad we had to get our fuel from the boy scouts, but the trucks and equipment kept moving and the troops kept training.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

-luke

Is that better than selling frozen fish out of a van in Bahgdad?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Hypothetical threads are fun.  We all know President Bush will win.  So, I'd like to add:  What would military personnel do if Badnarik wins?

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I never really planned on re-upping anyway... Nov 2007 and I'm done no matter who wins.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I had a thread to this eirlier, I had stated that I would get out if he's elected...the way its looking now, he may not be.  And if by some chance his pig ass does fly and he gets ohio....then I'll stay in just to personally piss him off.  Thats a major change from my last post....

God Bless Bush!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I will keep my head high and continue to do the job required of me so that I will continue to have the rights so many died to grant me.  I will expect my troops to do their job as they are directed to, and along the way mentor them in how to guide others they might encounter.  It might only be a bump in the already rough road, but the truth will prevail over time and hopefully many others will learn from the mistakes they have made.  The good fight is not over yet, and I will not surrender peacefully.  

Article I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Article II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

Article III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

Article IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

Article V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

Article VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America

Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
My contract is up in 2006. I prolly won't be re-enlisting anyways.

Unless any of you want to talk my wife, the Irish mother of my three children into it for me.

I'll promise to stop any bleeding and splint any fractures you may suffer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My contract is up in 2006. I prolly won't be re-enlisting anyways.

Unless any of you want to talk my wife, the Irish mother of my three children into it for me.

I'll promise to stop any bleeding and splint any fractures you may suffer.

Me o'ld lady's from Ireland too.  Shannon to be exact.  She too can be one tough cookie...and dont even think of drinking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top