Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 8:12:21 AM EDT
Make ham n' beans, of course!    Been living on the Easter ham all week, still have ~1/3 of it on the ham bone.  I chucked it in the crockpot with ~7 cups of water, and a one lb. package of anasazi beans from Adobe Milling Co. (from Dove Creek, Colorado, the Pinto Bean Capital of the World!).   Anasazi beans rock, I've written about them before.  You can get them here:

http://www.anasazibeans.com/

I've also seen them at Krogers/King Soopers.

They taste better than pintos, cook faster, don't need soaking overnight, and produce much less gas than pintos.  I also added one chopped onion, a few cloves of chopped garlic, and a heaping tablespoon of chile pequin, as well as three tbs of Adobe Milling Co.'s bacon bean spice.  Adobe also sells great chiles and spices, check 'em out too.  I'll let it cook on low in the crock pot for eight hours, and have it with corn bread for dinner.  I'll doubtless live in it for another week.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  It also goes well with shredded cheese and flour tortillas.  My beans are so good that I sometimes put chili in it.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:15:55 AM EDT
Ham salad on rye.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:17:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:24:57 AM EDT
Senate soup.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:33:35 AM EDT
Quoted:
Ham salad on rye.

This

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:34:59 AM EDT
Ham and beans may be the best dish on this planet. It's so fucking good that it, if I had a choice between it and snorting blow off of a hookers ass, I'd seriously have to consider which I'd prefer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:35:38 AM EDT
do not want ham and motherfuckers......
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:29:58 AM EDT
Fried rice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:31:13 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ham salad on rye.

This

Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:30 AM EDT
And it ain't "bean soup", it's ham and beans, dammit.  And the corn bread ain't sweet, neither.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:29:50 PM EDT
Quoted:
Split pea and ham soup.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1

Just finished makin' a batch of soup this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:03:11 PM EDT
After a week that ham would be headed for the trash around here. The wife hates long term leftovers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:24:12 PM EDT
Quoted:
Split pea and ham soup.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.