Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 8:28:56 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
... and it's intensions for America.

Now who is Omar Ahmad you may ask? Well, he is the Chairman Emeritus of CAIR (The Council on American-Islamic Relations). You've heard of them... they are the warm & fuzzy Islamic front group that is constantly putting out the message that Islam is really a "religion of peace" that has been hijacked by a small minority of "radical" Muslims. They like to spread the word that Islam is a "tolerant" faith that seeks nothing more than to live in respect & harmony with all the world's other religions & nations.

You know... they are the self-proclaimed advocates of "civil rights, diversity and freedom of religion."

It's strange then, that Ahmad would make the following statement (in front of a predominantly Muslim audience)...

"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

-Lisa Gardiner, "American Muslim leader urges faithful to spread Islam's message," San Ramon Valley Herald, July 4, 1998

But hey... I'm the intolerant bigot!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 7:41:19 PM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]

[sarcasm] It's not their religion to take over the world, just a few of them feel that way. [/sarcasm]

I know not all Muslims are going to suicide bomb our cities or fly planes into buildings, but very few Muslim clerics have condemned these attacks, and even fewer are willing to help out those responsible. There's nothing wrong with them having their own little religion and worshiping their own "take the world over in my name" god, but if they expect to be taken seriously and not flamed for what their theopolic brethren do, then they need to toe the line.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:41:43 PM EDT

MORE:

"I am a supporter of the Hamas movement."
~ Nihad Awad,
Co-Founder of CAIR, at a 1994 meeting at Barry University

Hell even UpChuck Schumer says CAIR is a terrorist frontgroup:

A Bad Day For CAIR
September 24, 2003

Last Wednesday, The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security held the second in a series of hearings aimed at examining Saudi Arabia’s role in exporting Islamic extremism abroad. The hearing, titled “Two Years After 9/11: Connecting the Dots,” was focused on the prevalence of the radical Wahhabi Islamic sect among Muslim political groups in the U.S.

CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Chairman Omar Ahmed were invited to testify at the hearing, but both declined to attend. In their absence – and in front of their empty witness chair - the committee heard compelling evidence that Saudi Arabia financially and ideologically supports a network of American organizations that act as the defenders, financiers, and front groups of international terrorists. CAIR has been a major player in this network since its creation in 1994, with a particularly soft spot for the suicide-bombing death squads of Hamas.

Senators turned out in force to connect the dots between CAIR and the deviant Islamic extremism that led to the vicious attacks of 9/11. In his opening statement, Chairman Jon Kyl said, "a small group of organizations based in the U.S. with Saudi backing and support, is well advanced in its four- decade effort to control Islam in America - from mosques, universities and community centers to our prisons and even within our military. Moderate Muslims who love America and want to be part of our great country are being forced out of those institutions."

Senator Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat who has been steadfast in his efforts to uncover the nexus of Hamas front groups in the U.S., was ruthless in his portrayal of CAIR as part of an international terror network. In his opening remarks, Senator Schumer stated that prominent members of CAIR—referring specifically to Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmed—have "intimate links with Hamas." Later, he remarked that "we know [CAIR] has ties to terrorism."

Even Senator Richard Durbin, who has made common cause with some of America's Wahhabi-backed groups, came down hard on CAIR. In his final comments he conceded that CAIR is "unusual in its extreme rhetoric and its associations with groups that are suspect," and requested that the committee seek the testimony of mainstream Muslim groups in its place in the future.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:42:25 PM EDT
Why do folks think that all religions should be on an equal footing, that it is bad to criticize one particular religion, because millions may adhere to it, regardess of what we see in the news every day -- while it is perfectly acceptible to consider some philosophies of life good and others bad, regardless of how many adhere to those philosophies. What is the essential difference between a person's philosophy of life and a person's religion? I have yet to hear anyone defend Marxism with the argument "Hey, millions in China are Marxists, you might offend them if you criticize their philosophy of of collectivism". This point demonstrates the philosophical intellectual dishonesty present in the Political Correctness approach to discussions that criticize certain religions.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:44:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 8:18:39 PM EDT by NYPatriot]

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
Damn - this is the 2nd time I did this. Will someone move this back to GD, please?

Nope... gotta keep this kind of info away from as many minds as possible.

Things might get nasty if people knew the truth.

The thread was moved by mistake... my fault for assuming otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:54:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 9:28:37 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
To whom it may concern...

Thanks for returning this thread to GD!

NYP
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 10:31:21 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
CAIR's "core principles"...

www.cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=corePrinciples

1. CAIR supports free enterprise, freedom of religion and freedom of expression.

2. CAIR is committed to protecting the civil rights of all Americans, regardless of faith.

3. CAIR supports domestic policies that promote civil rights, diversity and freedom of religion.

4. CAIR opposes domestic policies that limit civil rights, permit racial, ethnic or religious profiling, infringe on due process, or that prevent Muslims and others from participating fully in American civic life.

5. CAIR is a natural ally of groups, religious or secular, that advocate justice and human rights in America and around the world.

6. CAIR supports foreign policies that help create free and equitable trade, encourage human rights and promote representative government based on socio-economic justice.

7. CAIR believes the active practice of Islam strengthens the social and religious fabric of our nation.

8. CAIR condemns all acts of violence against civilians by any individual, group or state.

9. CAIR advocates dialogue between faith communities both in America and worldwide.

10. CAIR supports equal and complementary rights and responsibilities for men and women.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:49:10 PM EDT
I refuse to believe Oprah lied to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:39:30 AM EDT
I'm just waiting for them to try and spread their message to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:23:36 AM EDT
Bump for the infidels on the day crew!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:32:41 AM EDT
CAIR is a terrorist group.
Ayatollah Khomeni was a terrorist.
Hearing things like this from their mouth's is not news.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:09:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 12:10:44 PM EDT by NYPatriot]

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
CAIR is a terrorist group.
Ayatollah Khomeni was a terrorist.
Hearing things like this from their mouth's is not news.

That's a mighty big admission there thedoctors308.

I do believe that you might be coming around to reality my boy!
Top Top