Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:37:19 AM EDT

"In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of  Hagar [i.e., Muhammad],  the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth.  Adopting from the sublime conception of the Mosaic law, the doctrine of one omnipotent God; he connected indissolubly with it, the audacious falsehood, that he was himself his prophet and apostle.  Adopting from the new Revelation of Jesus, the faith and hope of immortal life, and of future retribution, he humbled it to the dust by adapting all the rewards and sanctions of his religion to the gratification of the sexual passion.  He poisoned the sources of human felicity at the fountain, by degrading the condition of the female sex, and the allowance of polygamy; and he declared undistinguishing and exterminating war, as a part of his religion, against all the rest of mankind.  THE ESSENCE OF HIS DOCTRINE WAS VIOLENCE AND LUST:  TO EXALT THE BRUTAL OVER THE SPIRITUAL PART OF HUMAN NATURE (Adams's capital letters)….Between these two religions, thus contrasted in their characters, a war of twelve hundred years has already raged.  The war is yet flagrant…While the merciless and dissolute dogmas of the false prophet shall furnish motives to human action, there can never be peace upon earth, and good will towards men.”

The man was an experienced diplomat, our ambassador to several nations during Washington's presidency and is credited with crafting the Monroe Doctrine. He wrote the above at the end of his Presidency. 175yrs ago. Nothing has changed about Islam, since.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I find nothing in his statement to disagree with.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You could have written that today.  Those founding father dudes knew their stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent read.

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea John Q. Adams wrote this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Truth is Timeless.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Suicide bombers wrap their genitals in aluminum foil to protect them from the blast for their 72 virgins. Presumably the virgins wont care about a mangled corpse screwing them so long as the junk is intact.  Warped is hardly the word for this "religion".
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a real good find. Everything he wrote is right on the nose. thanks for posting it
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I find nothing in his statement to disagree with.

+1
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Truth is Timeless.

Yep. America had some pretty good men steering this ship back then.

George Washington ought to be revered by schoolchildren. Instead, all they hear about him is that he was the first president...which isn't even the truth.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
George Washington ought to be revered by schoolchildren. Instead, all they hear about him is that he was the first president...which isn't even the truth.

He wasn't?

Well dern, I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't?

He may be distinguishing between the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution as to seperate governements/nations.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You could have written that today.  Those founding father dudes knew their stuff.

There are quite a few ARFcomers that  will disagree since he was niave and ignorant enough to have faith  in Jesus Chris.

To some people around here, JQA would be just as "off" as any muslim extremist.

Which in the end doesnt matter, because the people that post here are smarter than the founding fathers anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish more people today, would read much of what was written by our early leaders.

Many great thoughts were expressed by many great men.

GM
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Indeed:

www.marshallhall.org/hanson.html

Washington was first president under the Constitution as adopted by the States.

G
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Suicide bombers wrap their genitals in aluminum foil to protect them from the blast for their 72 virgins. Presumably the virgins wont care about a mangled corpse screwing them so long as the junk is intact.  Warped is hardly the word for this "religion".

They should have wrapped that tinfoil around their heads to protect them from the poison of Wahabi Islam.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of  Hagar [i.e., Muhammad],  the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth.

So...Mohammed was basically just like that convicted felon RON EVERETT who cooked-up that bullcrap called "Kwanzaa" just to dupe his own people for economic gain...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't?

He may be distinguishing between the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution as to seperate governements/nations.

That I am. We may have had a different "Constitution," but this country had a president before George Washington.

Don't get me wrong, Washington is a giant among giants in the history of our country, but it'd be nice if factual history was taught to our young for once.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They certainly did, but I doubt any of their writings would see the light of day.  P.C. you know.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, Washington is a giant among giants in the history of our country, but it'd be nice if factual history was teached to our young for once.

And English could also be taught as well.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, old buddy. )
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Fixed it. I hate poor grammar, spelling, and usage.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it. I hate poor grammar, spelling, and usage.

Me 2..  Butt somtymes I dont tipe so gud.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

There are quite a few ARFcomers that  will disagree since he was niave and ignorant enough to have faith  in Jesus Christ.

Which in the end doesnt matter, because the people that post here are smarter than the founding fathers anyway.

Ya know, I normally try not to take issue with things said on teh innernut, but that seems to stick in my craw.

Personally, I think that religion is BS. However, people need to believe in something. It's stupid to denigrate someone for their own personal spiritual (or non-spiritual) beliefs. Where in this thread do you see an atheist spouting off about belief in Jesus=idiot? The Founding Fathers were great men. Period. Irrespective of the whole Christian/Deist/Pagan thing. Who the fuck cares? I sure as hell don't. The words and ideas would have been just as true and good if they had worshipped the Great Pumpkin.

Both sides of the constant God/Government/Church/state thing need to step away from the kool-aid and figure out what the intent was, not the beliefs that may or may not have possibly influenced the intent (or not).

For fuck's sake, not every atheist is a commie loving gun grabbing moral relativist, just like every Christian is not a gun-loving right to life John Birch society book burning loon.

You can be a good person and not be religious, just like you can be a complete shitbag and believe in all your heart that you are a good and true Christian.

FUCK!

/rant off
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"In the seventh century of the Christian era, a wandering Arab of the lineage of  Hagar [i.e., Muhammad],  the Egyptian, combining the powers of transcendent genius, with the preternatural energy of a fanatic, and the fraudulent spirit of an impostor, proclaimed himself as a messenger from Heaven, and spread desolation and delusion over an extensive portion of the earth.

So...Mohammed was basically just like that convicted felon RON EVERETT who cooked-up that bullcrap called "Kwanzaa" just to dupe his own people for economic gain...

lol. Basically. Only difference is he pimped it to a bunch of bloodthirsty constantly warring nomads, instead.

ETA language tweak. Wouldn't want to give a PC-afflicted Mod an excuse to shut this down.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

WTF?  Tin foil jimmy hat?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are quite a few ARFcomers that  will disagree since he was niave and ignorant enough to have faith  in Jesus Christ.

Ya know, I normally try not to take issue with things said on teh innernut, but that seems to stick in my craw.

Personally, I think that religion is BS. However, people need to believe in something. It's stupid to denigrate someone for their own personal spiritual (or non-spiritual) beliefs. Where in this thread do you see an atheist spouting off about belief in Jesus=idiot? The Founding Fathers were great men. Period. Irrespective of the whole Christian/Deist/Pagan thing. Who the fuck cares? I sure as hell don't. The words and ideas would have been just as true and good if they had worshipped the Great Pumpkin.

Both sides of the constant God/Government/Church/state thing need to step away from the kool-aid and figure out what the intent was, not the beliefs that may or may not have possibly influenced the intent (or not).

For fuck's sake, not every atheist is a commie loving gun grabbing moral relativist, just like every Christian is not a gun-loving right to life John Birch society book burning loon.

You can be a good person and not be religious, just like you can be a complete shitbag and believe in all your heart that you are a good and true Christian.

FUCK!

/rant off

Wow, Dude!!!  I'll never call you a "heathen"   again!!!!  

Good post.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He wasn't?

That I am. We may have had a different "Constitution," but this country had a president before George Washington.

Don't get me wrong, Washington is a giant among giants in the history of our country, but it'd be nice if factual history was taught to our young for once.

Bah!  That's too complicated for kids to grasp.  Everything in the grade school classroom is watered down to some extent or another.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#27]
On topic, the thoughts expressed in the original post are amazingly spot on.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#29]
my mistake-->Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top