Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 2:33:49 AM EDT
I was looking for a knife sharpening system on Monday, & I took my boy with me to spend some father son time with him. & I knew it would be good for him to begin to expand his appreciation of firearms, & knives by exposing him to the finer places in town, where guns, & knives are their stock & trade in the way of merchandise.
I wanted to share a little of my philosophy on guns,knives, & womenz with him, so I had to explain it in a way that he could understand the real importance of what I hold as valuable.
I wanted him to know how much I love the guns, & knives, but how mom was more of a special, but in a different way. This is what I told him.
I said son, there's nothing I love more than God, but Mom, & you are next in line, & then guns & knives. Now we can only have 1 God forever, & 1 wife if were so blessed, & that makes them the most special of what we have, but the great thing about guns, & knives is we can have as many of both as we want, & there's no law against it! He smiled big, & shook his head in the up & down fashion, & said with a big smile yeah Papa! & we went into the store to shop.
It was a lot of fun, & he asked me if we could buy about 40 different things. I said some day we can[:D], & he smiled big each time, & repeated yeah sometime! We had a great day together. He wants 1 of those tiny .22 revolvers, because it looked like it would fit him good. I think kids are one of God's best gifts to us. I wouldn't trade him for the whole wide world. He makes life interesting & exciting all over again for me.
I wouldn't call myself the worlds greatest philosopher by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he learned something valuable for his life on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice story - warms my heart.  I'm looking forward to the day when my little girl is old enough to comprehend and speak in full sentences.  Right now her favorite word is "no"
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I like that.  Have to remember it for future reference!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah enjoy them now. When they get to be teenagers they want nothing to do with you and you know absolutely nothing. Ours is 17. Although we are enjoying our friends little ones, it never ceases to amaze me the way they see the world. If only life were that simple.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah enjoy them now. When they get to be teenagers they want nothing to do with you and you know absolutely nothing. Ours is 17. Although we are enjoying our friends little ones, it never ceases to amaze me the way they see the world. If only life were that simple.
View Quote

I know what you mean, when I was unemployed for 4 months we didn't have money for any extras, & when I told my son it would be a long while before we could get him any new toys for lack of money, he simply replied, just go to the store, & get some more money if were out! Now why didn't I think of that? Smart kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top