Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/29/2006 2:36:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 2:38:08 PM EDT by TrOoPeRcHiN_]
I go to the Military College of Vermont (norwich u.)

Thought you all would get a kick out of us (Bravo Co., 1st Battalion, Norwich University, Corp of Cadets) doing some CQB training in our dorms. All of the guys with Kpots on are Army ROTC while the rest are airforce, navy and marine corp... Nothing like room clearing with M14s..

Don't laugh too hard :)

Norwich CQB

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:39:15 PM EDT
How large is your Cadet Corps?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:42:23 PM EDT

Fine group of young men there. Aint nobody gonna laugh at you guys on this board as far as I'm concerned.

We need more young guys like you. Good job.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 2:46:16 PM EDT by lsmlax006]
Are you on scholarship, or just kinda playing ROTC?

And room clearing with m14s must be easy, just blow holes through all the walls
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 2:46:37 PM EDT by TheCynic]
Cool pics.

Tell stocking cap-boy to watch that muzzle, because I doubt anyone wants a .308 to the ass or crotch.

Originally Posted By DOW:

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 2:49:17 PM EDT by fossil_fuel]
what's up with giving "the shocker" on your facebook pic? are you allowed to do that in uniform?

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:50:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TrOoPeRcHiN_:
I go to the Military College of Vermont (norwich u.)

Thought you all would get a kick out of us (Bravo Co., 1st Battalion, Norwich University, Corp of Cadets) doing some CQB training in our dorms. All of the guys with Kpots on are Army ROTC while the rest are airforce, navy and marine corp... Nothing like room clearing with M14s..

Norwich CQB

Uh-oh. Don't post this on the AR-15 forum-there's guys there who claim any rifle with a barrel longer than 10" is worthless for CQB.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
If thats college, where are the:
1. Girls
2. Booze
3. Girls with booze
4. Naked girls with booze

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:52:09 PM EDT
Looks like fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
It would be SO much fun to do CQB exercises in a dorm. One of my friends and I want to get some (gasp) airsoft guns and go at it some time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:56:25 PM EDT

Fine group of young men there. Aint nobody gonna laugh at you guys on this board as far as I'm concerned.

Not me either. I hope they keep up their training because those ROTC guys will become officers. The traiing is the most important part of a military.

Are those real M14s and has the school let you shoot those M14s FA yet?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:00:19 PM EDT
Kharn,
If I'm not mistaken there are 2 girls in those pic , they're wearing black stocking caps.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:01:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:

Not me either. I hope they keep up their training because those ROTC guys will become officers. The traiing is the most important part of a military.

Same here.. Kickass man
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:07:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
what's up with giving "the shocker" on your facebook pic? are you allowed to do that in uniform?

photos-866.facebook.com/images/profile/1105/88/s70000866_19818.jpg

I've seen a lot of pics from the sandbox with guys doin it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 3:09:50 PM EDT by Tim84K10]
Are those real M14s?

Don't your NCOs inspect your gear and expect you to secure all those swinging straps? My sergeants would have killed me for having all those straps hanging off my gear.

You guys ever wax your floor?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT

OK, Let us see here....Fingers in the trigger guard, improper chin straps, Camo band on helmet of #2 guy, some serious need for Kiwi.......Shall I keep going?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
Who's laughing? Frankly, I'm jealous.

Shit, if they would have given me a gun in college I probably would have finished!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:19:43 PM EDT
senior in high school. graduating this 06. i came last year and looked at norwhich. i applied this year, and still havent herd. i dont mean to high jack but, how do you like it there? that looks like alot of fun up there.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:22:53 PM EDT
Still think a 45lb pack is hardcore?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:25:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:
Who's laughing? Frankly, I'm jealous.

Shit, if they would have given me a gun in college I probably would have finished!

+1, but i mean it in a different way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:29:33 PM EDT
reminds me of that movie, crap the name escapes me, a young tom cruise, sean penn, timothy hutton. military school, they takeover, national guard is sent in.

someone help me out here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:31:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Will-Rogers:
How large is your Cadet Corps?

Its around 1500

Thanks :) We're a bunch of good guys. Unfortunately only about 1/4 of us will take a commission in the military

Originally Posted By lsmlax006:
Are you on scholarship, or just kinda playing ROTC?

Some of my buddies are on scholarships but I'm not. I don't think I want to contract

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:

photos-866.facebook.com/images/profile/1105/88/s70000866_19818.jpg

We had leave for the weekend and there is some rinky dink chinese place in town... There werent any cadre around so...why not?

Originally Posted By Kharn:
If thats college, where are the:
1. Girls
2. Booze
3. Girls with booze
4. Naked girls with booze

Kharn

Kharn....I ask myself the same question everyday...There are a few females here and they all look like "butch"...Booze is another story. Once we get recognized as cadets...off to canada we go :)

Originally Posted By Tim84K10:
Are those real M14s?

Don't your NCOs inspect your gear and expect you to secure all those swinging straps? My sergeants would have killed me for having all those straps hanging off my gear.

You guys ever wax your floor?

Yeah, they are REAL m14s. Unfortunately they are deactivated. The firing pins are taken out and the bolt has some soder in it. I think it would be good to go with a new bolt though :) and yeah, they have a happy switch :)
What you have to realize about the Corp and in ROTC you have highspeed recruits and cadets and then you have the really dumb guys. Most of us have our gear per our unit SOP while some of the guys are shitbags and dont care what the gear is like. Some of us are in special units like RANGERS ...we do alot of small unit tactics stuff, its alot of fun. We've waxed the floor many times!

Originally Posted By PsyWarrior:
photos-073.facebook.com/n10/97/78/70000866/n70000866
OK, Let us see here....Fingers in the trigger guard, improper chin straps, Camo band on helmet of #2 guy, some serious need for Kiwi.......Shall I keep going?

1) Its cadet land, give us a break.
2) Army ROTC is the only rotc who gets the webgear and the kpots so some of the guys arent experienced in using the gear...
3) We had been training out in the field for the whole day, of course our boots look like shit.
4) My garrison boots are hot shit and you can see every detail of your face in it

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:31:52 PM EDT
here's what i do in college...

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:32:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arfreak74:
reminds me of that movie, crap the name escapes me, a young tom cruise, sean penn, timothy hutton. military school, they takeover, national guard is sent in.

TAPS
One of the coolest movies ever
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arfreak74:

TAPS
One of the coolest movies ever

hellz yeah, thats it!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:33:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By buddysblackrifle:
senior in high school. graduating this 06. i came last year and looked at norwhich. i applied this year, and still havent herd. i dont mean to high jack but, how do you like it there? that looks like alot of fun up there.

thanks

Send me an IM and we can talk...
(i am thinking about going out for cadre next year...if you get in my company we'll have 'fun')
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:38:51 PM EDT
When I was a Cadet at TAMU, we had about 2200 in the Corps. Undoubtedly some of the very best days of my life. I decided to go D&C, but my "old lady" was commissioned. He retired as a Lt. Col. Now we are in our 50's and still try to do stuff as if we are still teenagers. Our families get a good laugh from two gray-haired old men trying to look cool.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
Still think a 45lb pack is hardcore?

Never said it was! I still hate ruck runs :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
So there are two Norwich cadets on this board, at least.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 4:08:15 PM EDT by AshNH]
The College I work at expelled a kid for having an Airsoft pistol on campus.

Good on you guys!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:40:17 PM EDT
I'm the Plt. Leader for 2nd PLT Delta Co. 2nd Battalion Norwich Corps of Cadets.

Nice pictures rookie!

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 4:44:47 PM EDT by Jace]
I was a North Georgia College and State University cadet....We had all the nice ARMY gear, we still use the M14's but we do have quite a few hundred M16's and a handful of M240B's , but we are the only Senior Military College in Georgia!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:45:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jace:
I was a North Georgia College and State University cadet...

What years?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:53:15 PM EDT
Here's what I do in college...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=425452

eta: You have to be a Team Member to view the link
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:56:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jason280:
Here's what I do in college...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=425452

eta: You have to be a Team Member to view the link

...I hate you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:10:11 PM EDT
Just be aware that I have heard from school advisors that employers are looking at potential employee's and intern's facebook pages...so depending on the kind of cadre you have they might be looking as well. Just because it is supposed to be for college students only does not mean they can't find a way to access the info/pics.

Hard to deny all knowledge when there are pics.

So post accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:22:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:

What years?

I was there from 2002 up until last december....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:33:20 PM EDT
Small world. I dated a girl that graduated from North Georgia in 2005.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:10:29 PM EDT
I might know her....was she in the ROTC? I knew a lot of the civilian girls too!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:17:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:

What years?

I was there from 2002 up until last december....

Know a guy named Warren B.?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:28:37 PM EDT
No, she wasn't a ROTC. She was in exercise science/athletic training.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:29:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Will-Rogers:
When I was a Cadet at TAMU, we had about 2200 in the Corps. Undoubtedly some of the very best days of my life. I decided to go D&C, but my "old lady" was commissioned. He retired as a Lt. Col. Now we are in our 50's and still try to do stuff as if we are still teenagers. Our families get a good laugh from two gray-haired old men trying to look cool.

I think my gadar just went off...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT

Yeah, they are REAL m14s. Unfortunately they are deactivated. The firing pins are taken out and the bolt has some soder in it. I think it would be good to go with a new bolt though :) and yeah, they have a happy switch :)
What you have to realize about the Corp and in ROTC you have highspeed recruits and cadets and then you have the really dumb guys. Most of us have our gear per our unit SOP while some of the guys are shitbags and dont care what the gear is like. Some of us are in special units like RANGERS ...we do alot of small unit tactics stuff, its alot of fun. We've waxed the floor many times!

Your people are ate the fuck up.

That floor looks absolutely horrible. Get off the internet and fix that fucking floor!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:51:55 PM EDT
Ah yes, Hawkins Hall, the Dog River Run, and my favorite...the Snoball Run!!! Roomate got it in the nuts and was puking when being screamed at by CSM Varulo..funny shit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:58:15 PM EDT
I wish the ROTC guys at my school weren't a bunch of paper pushing pansies. There might be an exception, but I haven't met him/her yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:58:27 PM EDT
Nothing like clearing hallways and rooms with a M14
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:11:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By buddysblackrifle:

thanks

Send me an IM and we can talk...
(i am thinking about going out for cadre next year...if you get in my company we'll have 'fun')

alright. im going to send my AIM sn. right now thou, for next year, i think im ganna go to valley forge. i think its the best place for me to srart right now. but in 2 years, i think norwhich is where i want to be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:28:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:

Unfortunately, we need officers, not college commandos.

And yes, you can tell a big difference between the officers who go to ROTC and those who go to OCS or have a field commission.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:31:04 AM EDT
WEBSENSE SAYS:

Access to this web page is restricted at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Personals and Dating" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://norwich.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2002015&l=65954&id=70000866

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:35:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 11:41:23 AM EDT by BuckeyeRifleman]
I hate you!!!!

Can I trasfer there?

If it makes any differnce sometimes we practice room clearing with laser tag guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:45:19 AM EDT
ur gonna get your elbows blown off unless you tuck them in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top