Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:35:08 AM EDT
You’re a Republican???  (link)

This is a short exerpt from an advertisement personally placed in todays Washington Post. If you agree in the least, with Mr. Esseff's convictions you owe it to yourself to take the time and read the whole ad. Then pass it on to as many people as possible.

George J. Esseff, Sr

In today’s America, ask a growing number of high school and college students; their teachers and professors; the self-anointed media elite and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicities, the question, “What is a Republican?”, and you’ll be told “… a rich, greedy, egotistical individual, motivated only by money and the desire to accumulate more and more of it, at the expense of the environment … the working poor ….and all whom they exploit…”

I am a Republican … I am none of those things… and I don’t know any Republicans who are.

WHAT I AM … first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 52 plus years, the father of four and an American who’s proud of his country… and his country’s heritage.

<snip>

WHAT I AM … is someone deeply troubled by a political party which embraces a candidate whose primary “leadership” qualities center around his protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable men and women who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that action), as rapists, and war criminals. That same political party then stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true Vietnam war hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator, Jeremiah Denton, (a man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North Vietnam prison), from speaking before an open session of the California legislature as part of that state’s 4th of July celebration. The reason Democrats gave for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their state legislature was because of the “conservative” nature of his views. As an American, that troubles me deeply ….as well it should you.

WHAT I AM … is a man who feels the need to spend, $104, 655.60,(tax paid) of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to set the story straight. Some may say this money would have been better spent feeding the world’s poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an American and as a Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done exactly that… and more. Following the examples of my parents and grand parents, I have used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless, provide housing for the elderly and medical care for the sick….. and continue to do so… and I’m not alone in that work.

WHAT I AM … is someone who is paying for this announcement, at my sole expense, in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by ill-informed elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or malicious intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong to a political party that holds true to the belief, “… the rights of the governed, exceed the power of the government”. For those interested, I am speaking only as a tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with The Republican National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or delegates.

This is a short exerpt from an advertisement placed in todays Washington Post. If you agree in the least with Mr. Esseff's convictions you owe it to yourself to take the time and read the whole ad.

You’re a Republican???  (link)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:39:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Brilliantly written.  I'm mailing a link to this to all of my liberal Democrat friends.  That'll get them stirred up!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#2]
THAT is a good American.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Rush is reading this on-air right now. Kicking ass.

Streaming audio link here... look for "listen button"
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
this

is

AWESOME!

Bravo, MR. Esseff!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but these two statements don't wash :

WHAT I AM … first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 52 plus years, the father of four and an American who’s proud of his country… and his country’s heritage.

and

WHAT I AM … is a man who grew up during the Depression and witnessed, first hand, the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup lines that followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who had very little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen other families, who had even less.

He'd have to be between 70-80 if he grew up and witnessed the effects stockmarket crash of '29.

I wonder why he posted his age as he did?

edited for spellling...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah, but these two statements don't wash :

and

WHAT I AM … is a man who grew up during the Depression and witnessed, first hand, the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup lines that followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who had very little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen other families, who had even less.

He'd have to be between 70-80 if he grew up and witnessed the effects stockmarket crash of '29.

I wonder why he posted his age as he did?

edited for spellling...

He isn't 52 years old, he's been married for 52 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top