Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:23:21 AM EST
Hey everyone!

I just won an Apple Ipod Touch and Ive been wondering what kind of apps would be good for a SHTF situation.

So far the best one I have is Topos2Go which allows me to download and store topo maps of any area I want.

I also have a program called America Lite (Collections of documents and American History), and Your Rights (A program about a persons legal rights in America)

Im sure there have to be more Apps out there that would be useful. Does anyone else know of any?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:24:39 AM EST
I like Peggle!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:28:44 AM EST
I'm pretty sure you won't have too much electricity during a SHTF situation, and if you have a generator, you might be better off using it for more important things.

But I think the fishing game on there is pretty cool. Or maybe that ballistics program.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:32:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By MagazineFed:
I'm pretty sure you won't have too much electricity during a SHTF situation, and if you have a generator, you might be better off using it for more important things.

But I think the fishing game on there is pretty cool. Or maybe that ballistics program.

I agree, But 10 hours of battery and very low wattage consumption means I can charge it while I power the essentials for very little extra gas consumption.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:35:14 AM EST
find some ballistics calc?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:35:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By x5060:

I agree, But 10 hours of battery and very low wattage consumption means I can charge it while I power the essentials for very little extra gas consumption.

Get the solar power recharger setup from Costco..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:35:44 AM EST
Really?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:52:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By Assault-Rifle-City:
Really?

Im going to put my collection of Survival books on it in PDF format. Such things like "Where there is no doctor"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:42:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 2:47:56 PM EST by Arbiter]
KAC Bullet Flight 2.0.0

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

Then use this to attach to weapon

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:46:02 PM EST

They make solar chargers for just about anything now-a-days. A friend of mine has one for his cellphone/ mp3 player and it works awesome.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:53:50 PM EST
I prefer Ballistic for a ballistics app.

http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/

There are a ton of screenshots at the above link.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:00:58 PM EST

Really?

Im going to put my collection of Survival books on it in PDF format. Such things like "Where there is no doctor"
I didn't know you could put PDF's on it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:10:50 PM EST
Pocket tanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:55:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tommytwoguns:

Really?

I didn't know you could put PDF's on it.

There are a couple of PDF apps out there. I have to figure out how IM suppose to get them to my touch though.

Id really like to have a decent library of stuff like that on there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:08:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 7:26:24 AM EST by Strider47]
Scriptures
Knot Guide
Flashlight
Shralptide
Carpenter
MotionX GPS

and, of course - Monster Pinball

Ack. RIF. I didn't realize you were talking about the Touch and not the iPhone. A couple of those apps will be worthless on the Touch.
Top Top