Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 7:40:22 PM EDT
For me, (besides the obvious) a Nike Triax 250 watch.

It just went into "pee", but I still used the leatherman to dig her out!

Yourself?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I just posted this to your other thread...

My 2 year-old daughter dropped my cool Casio electronic watch into a toilet about four years ago. This was the toilet in the bathroom that adjoins my bedroom. The batteries in those high-tech watches last for years. I know because every day at 6:30 am and at 6:30pm the dual-alarm would sound. I tried everything I could to dislodge that watch but to no avail. It took more than two years for those batteries to die. My poor wife, a lite sleeper, never had trouble waking up early in the morning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the docs I work with was at her hairdressers. She went to the bathroom and dropped her beeper in the toilet.  She made the mistake of telling the owner that she dropped it in there.  It messed up the plumbing and she had to pay $1200 to fix it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Car keys..........kinda needed them so rolled up the sleeves.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
my watch. thank god the toilet had just been cleaned
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I can't think of anything that I've dropped in there and had to go get but.....you ever notice how much toilet paper a woman uses when she pees?  Well, I've had to stick my hand in there fast to keep the damn thing from backing up and over-flowing due to too much toilet paper.  Did'nt think about until it was over and I'm standing there with a "wet" hand, scrubbed the hell out of it and things still just did'nt seem right.  Took me about a week before I could pick up a hamburger with that hand.[:(]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I dropped a twenty dollar bill in there once.  Took it to the store(still wet) and got change.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I was having a lunch meeting a few years back with Phillipe Kahn (CEO of Borland at the time for you computer history geeks). He showed up about twenty minutes late and explained that he had dropped his pager in the toilet. He then went on to describe his personal protocol for retrieving items in this situation, including instructions for what to do if this happened post-use, as opposed to pre-use, and whether or not there were solid contents in the bowl. Apparently this was not the first time he had done this.

It's amazing what the French consider suitable dining table discussion [;)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I just dropped a shit load of change while standing over the pisser. thankfully none but a penny went in there. NO i did not go after it, i flushed hoping the fucker would go down. it didnt, just moved into a little spot at the bottum, lol

anybody here that would go after a penny? how about a quarter? lets say the toliet has a fresh "crap" in it, now would you?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I've knocked Car Keys and a cellphone off the sink in my bathroom- into the great beyond. Keys survived the phone did not.

The worst case of this ever heard of was a friend of mine dropping his Rossi 357 into the John at a local diner. 1st mistake a SOB holster with an open top. 2nd mistake using the toilet at a diner for "a sit down job". A pen and some patients saved the day.

Jerry
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
i was getting something in the medicine cabinet above the john and my toothbrush fell in.  it was just toilet water (clean..?) but i got it out and threw it in the garbage.  then i went and bought a new one.  i don't leave the seat up anymore.  once i put a penny in my girlfriends undies and when she went to go she heard a 'clunk' and there was a penny.  ha!  her parents left her a note saying 'penny in toilet.'  someone got it out...wasn't me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Cell Phone, I was at a bar one night, so drunk I unbuttoned my shirt collar to piss, and the old lady called me and was yelling at me to get home.  I tried to balance it on my shoulder so I could hear her screaming while I took a drink of beer and Ka-Plop.  Oh well...
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
A pair of Ray-Bans. I decided that I could never put them on my face again, and therefore did not bother to retrieve them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
It was one of the hottest days of August, 1999. Location: Patriot Site 5, Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwait (AKA - middle of nowhere). Some soldiers were waiting in a bus ready to return to the US Air Force compound where we all lived when we weren't on site.

No Bus Driver.

Realizing I was the senior person there, I venture out to find our missing bus driver.

When I find him, I find out he has lost his ID. This is a big deal when it is your only way into either our site or the US compound - it was also needed to even get on the air base itself, which we were on.

He had apparently been looking everywhere to no avail. I ask him to talk me through where he went from the moment he got off the bus. Turns out he originally went to the bathroom. (I think by know most of you see where this is going) we walk over to the row of porta-potties.

Back then we wore our IDs exposed at all times in clear vinyl holder / arm bands on our left arms. I knew from my own experience that if you did not consciously think about it, any act of removing your shirt could cause you do drop your ID. Poor soldier had done this in the porta potty.

There, about 2 - 3 feet down, just at the edge of a towering pile of piss soaked solid waste, was his ID card, still in its holder.

"We don't got all day," were the words I seem to remember coming out of my mouth as I stepped out of the porta potty.

A few seconds later I am boarding the bus as Joe comes running out with his ID.

I hope for his sake supply was able to get him a new holder.

Adam
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I've dropped several things in my time. Most recently my new watch (ref.16520 for watch people)had a spring bar (the pin that holds the band to the head) that didn't like to stay put and popped out right as I went to flush. Yeah, dug it out, scrubbed it off, stuck it in my pocket and listed it on Ebay about an hour later.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Butt Chocolate [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dung.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've dropped several things in my time. Most recently my new watch (ref.16520 for watch people)had a spring bar (the pin that holds the band to the head) that didn't like to stay put and popped out right as I went to flush. Yeah, dug it out, scrubbed it off, stuck it in my pocket and listed it on Ebay about an hour later.
View Quote

Damn, that sure is a lot of watch to see sitting in the bottom of the bowl.

Once apon a time I went to take a piss and found out the water in the bowl sure is cold, If you know what I mean[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was a little youngster I was working on getting the biggest wad of chewing gum possible into my mouth.  At almost capacity I went to take a leak....

"sploosh!"

oh well.  Back then Big Buddy bubble gum was still only a nickle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Dropped a pager in once... after tearing it down and spraying it out with air the thing still worked..., I almost dropped my wallet the one day.... that would have been really bad....
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#22]
When its cold, my fingers sometimes get a little smaller. About five years ago, I flushed the toilet and reached up to the cabinet to get something. As I turned around to wash my hands, I moved a little too quickly, pointing my hands downward.

Ploop! My wedding ring flew off, into the toilet. Luckily, it was just heavy enough to not get carried into the pipes. Unluckily, it went into the little recess at the bottom of the bowl (about 1' X 3") my fingers could not quite into it to get the ring out.

I spent two hours on my hands and knees trying to fish the ring out of the toilet. Using coat hangers didn't work, and while I could touch it with my fingers, I couldn't quite get it out. Eventually I did get it out.

One of the funniest parts of the ordeal were the cats and the dog coming by occasionally and screwing with me. They thought I had gone nuts, and made sure that I knew it.

Yes, I did keep the ring (I'm wearing it now).
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Car keys.  I have pictures.  The toilet was unused, as I was about to use it when it happened.  I was so amused I took pics and then used a coathanger to get the keys out.  Washed them thoroughly and then pocketed them...
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Back in boot camp we had to wear ball caps for covers anytime we were outside.  Standard practice was to tuck the bill down the back of your dungarees for safe keeping when you were indoors.  Well, I was in a hurry one day and, not thinking, ran into the head, unzipped and PLOP! there goes my cover into the toilet.  No, I had not gone yet and, yes, the toilet was clean.... thank goodness because you could not go anywhere uncovered and I was a ways away from my barracks.  I had the unpleasant task of sucking it up, cleaning it off with soap and water as best as I could, drying it off with towels and, yes, WEARING IT.  [:(]

Only made that mistake ONCE.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#25]
A Partagas #10 that had been in my humidor for over a year.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I TRY to drop a message to Hillary in the toilet at least once a day.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#27]
when i was younger i dropped 4 different wallets in the toilet. this happened in about 1 years time. it got so bad that i stopped carring a wallet and started using a small water-proof box. i dropped it in there to.
i then switched to a leather wallet and have not dropped it in the toilet again.

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#28]
An estimated 14,144 scud missles.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#29]
My brother opened the door of the bathroom one time and knocked my toothbrush out of my hand and into the toilet.  Being 6 years old I was tramatized and refused to get it.  My dad fished it out and told me to wash it off and don't worry about it.  I didn't care if the water was clean, I refused to brush until they bought me a new toothbrush.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#30]
i lost my Cold Steel 5 inch "Gunsite" folder.  what a bummer; i don't think they make that model anymore.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]
jeez you guys are a bunch of wusses...  don't you know that 'sh*t washes off'?  I've dealt with changing diapers, potty training god knows how many dogs, etc...

I knocked my toothbrush into my pooper (clean water w/clorox tabs in the tank) and just swirled it in rubbing alcohol, washed it off, and went on.  If I dropped something in a 'used' toilet I would try to use a coathanger or something FIRST, but wouldn't have a problem reaching in to get it (just like the new commercial where the guy doesn't miss a toothbrush stroke reaching in the toilet for his wife's earring).
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Look guys....after 8 years of plumbing and 5 years cooking in restraunts.  All I can say is that if you're afraid to fish something out of the pot, maybe you should boil all your water and think about living the Howard Hughes lifestyle.

Back in 67 or 68, when I was 3 or so....I flushed a 6 oz. OJ can down the toilet.  Bad enough on its own.  What really made it worse was that I did it on the day after my Dad got out of the hospital from back surgery and he had to pull the toilet and reset it to get the can out.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a meeting with some potential business partners and had to use the john in the middle of the meeting. For some reason, my aim was high and to the right. As I used the TP to wipe the piss off the seat, my tie went into the toilet. I stood up, the tie came back to it's place...dripping. There was urine all over my tie, and then now the bottom of my shirt and Dockers.

I went back to the meeting, everyone kind of stared...I said "Gentlemen, I have just urinated all over myself, please excuse me while I put a sweatshirt on."

I still get razzed about that from those guys...
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I dropped a yule log in the toilet 2 days ago. Does that count?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top