Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't surprise me if the Feds put the "assault rifle" in the vehicle.

It looks like an SKS with an "Advanced Technologies" thumbhole stock. That is why he had to pull the bolt back several times because it was loaded and he didn't have the cleaning kit punch to drop the mag hinge.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting. Lovely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc&sns=em

That is NOT an AR and I am now wondering where that i.d. came from? That is a shotgun, you can see the shell clearly leave the chamber into the trunk of that car. Where did the media get an AR15 from?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting.

That Looks like a shotgun he's clearing.  Definitely not an AR-15 with the position of the guy's hands while he cycles the action.

That's the "Bushwhacker" I've been hearing so much about??  WTF? That looks like it has a RIGHT side charging handle and it does look like a shot shell. Hard to tell, NOT an AR.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting.

That Looks like a shotgun he's clearing.  Definitely not an AR-15 with the position of the guy's hands while he cycles the action.

That's the "Bushwhacker" I've been hearing so much about??  WTF? That looks like it has a RIGHT side charging handle and it does look like a shot shell. Hard to tell, NOT an AR.

That looks like a blue shot shell exiting the chamber...it's NOT an AR that's for sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Could be worse, nbc news just claimed that the state police securing the shooters mothers home have heavy artillery

Fucking Newsies
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of writing this guy an email, how does this sound:

Geoffrey,

I feel that your article on the weapons used at the tragic Sandy Hook shooting is misleading and may have confused the facts regarding the firearms used and firearm ownership in general.

In your first paragraph, you mention that "The bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of the shooter's car. The Sig Sauer and Glock pistols were the only weapons used in the shooting, according to CBS." However, you later go on to speculate on what type of Sig Sauer "assault style rifle" may have been used. I think this suggests that assault rifles were used in the actual shooting, and while the shooter may have intended to use the Bushmaster rifle it does not sound like this was the case at all.

In your speculation regarding firearm purchases, you write: "...but a simple trip across the border into Pennsylvania can secure weapons illegal in both those aforementioned states, or one can just buy weapons on the web." While two neighboring states may have vastly different laws regarding magazine capacity and firearm sales, there is no such thing as a "simple" drive across borders to purchase them. Per Federal Law, all firearm purchases from a state other than that of the buyer's residency must be done through a Federally licensed dealer [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)], and the firearm would have to be shipped directly to an FFL dealer in the state of purchase who would then verify the eligibility of the buyer.
   The same follows to purchases over the internet. I feel that your article, among many other news and blog articles recently, imply that internet sales of firearms work the same way as a purchase from Amazon.com! This is simply not the case! The same requirement for a Federally licensed dealer to perform a background check is required for all internet sales, and an FFL licensed dealer MUST be utilized to receive a firearm shipped from another state.
   Even if a Connecticut resident were to try to purchase illegal firearms in Pennsylvania from a private owner, that owner is bound by state law to ensure that he or she is only selling to residents of that state in accordance with the laws of both states.

As a journalist, please ensure that you represent facts regarding your story and especially Federal law accurately, and without personal speculation or assumption. Many people read your articles, and incomplete or incorrect information can negatively impact your readers.

Respectfully,
Shane Bergeron

Well Written...it will be ignored, but it is very well written..Send it
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting. Lovely.

That is NOT an AR and I am now wondering where that i.d. came from? That is a shotgun, you can see the shell clearly leave the chamber into the trunk of that car. Where did the media get an AR15 from?

cause it is black and has a pistol grip
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry...if they ban Glocks

lots of Glock haters from this forum will be happy.

Stupid post is stupid.

Members here can have personal firearm preferences, but I don't think anyone here wants a ban on any of our guns.

Stupid is believing that bashing guns and their owners

is use to talk about firearms preferences.  

The way these haters bash them I wouldn't be surprised.

Who the hell knows who is behind some of these accounts

Jesus Christ! The stupid, it hurts.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
yep, looks a lot to me like an SKS with a fiberforce stock.

As for the .223 ammo, maybe dipshit grabbed the wrong rounds?

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The ejected shell was huge, and the way that it ejected and fell looked exactly like a live 12 gauge shell.  A centerfire rifle would typically throw an ejected shell much further.  I thought it was a converted Saiga-12 at first, but it could be a lot of semi-auto shotguns with a charging handle.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
How could he have gotten an AR through the school entrance? Did he have it in a bag?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't worry...if they ban Glocks
lots of Glock haters from this forum will be happy.

Im not a fan of Glocks that said I would not be happy if they were baned.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Per the linked video above:

The charging handle was on the side and the way the shell dropped in really looked like a 12 GA. I would strongly bet that it was not an AR pattern rifle.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:34:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Mini14 with a Choate stock? The shell looked shiny to me in the light available.

I take it back, look at the first few seconds of the video, there is a huge magazine that the officer removes immediately before clearing the chamber.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#15]
This is the butt stock seen in the video. Not an AR, and most likely a SKS.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#16]
There is a slit second where you can see a more pronounced gas block than an sks, and he ejects a magazine.  ONE shell comes out and it looked blue to me.  Im saying saiga
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Your choices with Fiberforce stocks are Marlin, 10/22, SKS, AK47, or Saiga according to their online catalogue.   Whatever ejected was bigger than a .22LR.  Are there any other stocks that look like this?

Early in the day, they kept saying there were four guns.  Later on they
said three guns, with the Bushmaster being left in the trunk.  That
ain't no Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't help but to think that profiteering is driving what you have seen in the news regarding this tragedy. There should be a law passed that all excess profits generated by the news coverage be used to compensate the victims.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geoffrey,

I feel that your article on the weapons used at the tragic Sandy Hook shooting is misleading and may have confused the facts regarding the firearms used and firearm ownership in general.

In your first paragraph, you mention that "The bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of the shooter's car. The Sig Sauer and Glock pistols were the only weapons used in the shooting, according to CBS." However, you later go on to speculate on what type of Sig Sauer "assault style rifle" may have been used. I think this suggests that assault rifles were used in the actual shooting, and while the shooter may have intended to use the Bushmaster rifle it does not sound like this was the case at all.

In your speculation regarding firearm purchases, you write: "...but a simple trip across the border into Pennsylvania can secure weapons illegal in both those aforementioned states, or one can just buy weapons on the web." While two neighboring states may have vastly different laws regarding magazine capacity and firearm sales, there is no such thing as a "simple" drive across borders to purchase them. Per Federal Law, all firearm purchases from a state other than that of the buyer's residency must be done through a Federally licensed dealer [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)], and the firearm would have to be shipped directly to an FFL dealer in the state of purchase who would then verify the eligibility of the buyer.
   The same follows to purchases over the internet. I feel that your article, among many other news and blog articles recently, imply that internet sales of firearms work the same way as a purchase from Amazon.com! This is simply not the case! The same requirement for a Federally licensed dealer to perform a background check is required for all internet sales, and an FFL licensed dealer MUST be utilized to receive a firearm shipped from another state.
   Even if a Connecticut resident were to try to purchase illegal firearms in Pennsylvania from a private owner, that owner is bound by state law to ensure that he or she is only selling to residents of that state in accordance with the laws of both states.

As a journalist, please ensure that you represent facts regarding your story and especially Federal law accurately, and without personal speculation or assumption. Many people read your articles, and incomplete or incorrect information can negatively impact your readers.

Respectfully,
Shane Bergeron

Send it...

+1, but it won't cure the stupid or the desire of the tyrants to advance an agenda
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:00:50 AM EDT
[#20]
The banner across the screen on CNN this morning declared that Glock and Sig REVOLVERS were used........These people are so ignorant. The gist of the reporting was how the Bushmaster COULD have been used and evil THIRTY round "clips" COULD have been used.

No reporting of facts, just endless speculation cause that.'s more sensational.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:06:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Everything reported in the first 48-72 hours is bullshit.  The news stations fall all over themselves trying to have an URGENT update.  Facts have little relevance.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:19:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep it what it looks like, but it was left in the trunk

He used glock and Sig pistols from what they are reporting thus far.

Free

Quoted:
Shotgun.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:42:40 AM EDT
[#24]
99% sure that's a Saiga 12.

However, I read somewhere on here that he used a 10mm Glock? Is that confirmed?
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Update: The bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of the shooter's car. The Sig Sauer and Glock pistols were the only weapons used in the shooting, according to CBS.

Crazy. I thought he used the long gun.

But it wont matter. Just by the fact that it was on his property will be enough for the gun control voices to say this is a clear cut case for banning semi automatic rifles.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#26]
My bet is that it's a semi auto "hunting style" shotgun with a Choate stock on it. They make one for the Mossberg 930 and 935 that looks identical to the one in the video. That's not an SKS or anything of the type. Nor ar or ak. It's a shotgun. A rifle caliber would have had a longer movement of the action than what the gun in the video did.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shotgun.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The banner across the screen on CNN this morning declared that Glock and Sig REVOLVERS were used........These people are so ignorant. The gist of the reporting was how the Bushmaster COULD have been used and evil THIRTY round "clips" COULD have been used.

No reporting of facts, just endless speculation cause that.'s more sensational.

Yeah bunch of flaping heads.
There was some "expert" on Fox saying he had hollow point bullets,the kind that go right through a police issue bullet proff vest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
99% sure that's a Saiga 12.

However, I read somewhere on here that he used a 10mm Glock? Is that confirmed?

fuck.

thats going to be the nail in the coffin on the S12.  Which everyone has had a boner to kill for a while now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Did anyone else catch one of the cops in the original videos that was being replayed with what appeared to be a FN FAL?

Didn't know anyone in this state had those for issue.  Kinda weird choice in 2012.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can't help but to think that profiteering is driving what you have seen in the news regarding this tragedy. There should be a law passed that all excess profits generated by the news coverage be used to compensate the victims.

Like the victims of the election?
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did anyone else catch one of the cops in the original videos that was being replayed with what appeared to be a FN FAL?

Didn't know anyone in this state had those for issue.  Kinda weird choice in 2012.

Im pretty sure I saw 1 with either an HK G3 or a PTR91.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im pretty sure I saw 1 with either an HK G3 or a PTR91.

I didn't see it and I'm not saying that this is what happened but frequently media will run old footage of cops all kitted up for sensationalism.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
According to MSNBC, it was an evil black automatic firearm that corrupted the soul of everyone that touched it.

So fucking glad that I'm spending 8 hours on a plane tomorrow and will have 8 hours away from internet and news. Even happier I won't have to spend the next week listening to German civilians talk about how fucked up America is (I already caught a dose of that getting some coffee across the street a few hours ago).

Next time they start that bullshit, ask them how they feel constantly bailing out Greece?

at least it's something to jab back at them....
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Geoffrey,

Respectfully,
Shane Bergeron

He won't care. He is not interested in your opinion and facts least of all.

He's writing based on emotion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#36]
ME says all were shot with rifle
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a clusterfuck.

Just like everything else the media reports on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Two handguns and Bushmaster rifle found near shooters body. One additional long gun found in shooters car.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Walnutt/shotgunshelljpg_zpsfa9941fa.jpg

The ejected shell was huge, and the way that it ejected and fell looked exactly like a live 12 gauge shell.  A centerfire rifle would typically throw an ejected shell much further.  I thought it was a converted Saiga-12 at first, but it could be a lot of semi-auto shotguns with a charging handle.

It is a mag tube fed semi-auto shotgun.

Looks like a Benelli.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#40]
It was an SKS, you can see the silver bolt carrier and he pulls the charging handle through all ten rounds and you can see the gas tube for a second with the front sight block.

I called it, SKS with Fiberforce Stock.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Press conference with medical examiner indicated wounds were done with the "long rifle" (at least that's what I think he described it as).  Police aren't releasing caliber information yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#42]
more than likely the media is controlling the flow of information to the public,.
ya know, black rifle, all the stuff that sells in the Senate and in the media

we'll find out weeks from now the real stuff.  but, get everyone's attention and disgust first.

BTW, How's Hillary doing?  heard the babe banged her head?  

bill boy
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
more than likely the media is controlling the flow of information to the public,.
ya know, black rifle, all the stuff that sells in the Senate and in the media

we'll find out weeks from now the real stuff.  but, get everyone's attention and disgust first.

BTW, How's Hillary doing?  heard the babe banged her head?  

bill boy

Got her out of having to testify at the Benghazi hearings next week...how convenient.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Who needs freedom of the press anyways. It's only the first amendment. It's not like the second one means anything either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So since these guns were his mother's, and she lived in CT, they were probably 100% AWB compliant.

not with a collapsible stock and bayonet lug, unless they are pre 94 and not on "the list" I believe
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The other thread is getting full of fucking fail.

Does anybody know for SURE if the guy took weapons that werent his??

CNN is now reporting that all three of the firearms were owned by the shooter's mother...

Considering he's 20, the chances of him owning the two handguns are damn small.  Not sure if they can be given as gifts or some shit to people under 21.

he would have had to have a permit in CT, not available for 20 yo.  How many gun laws were broken? A bunch.  They just don't work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So since these guns were his mother's, and she lived in CT, they were probably 100% AWB compliant.

not with a collapsible stock and bayonet lug, unless they are pre 94 and not on "the list" I believe

Where was it stated it had a collapsible stock and bayo lug?

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Now ABC is saying it was the Bushmater:

Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle at close range to kill children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

"I believe everybody was hit more than once," said Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut's Chief Medical Examiner.

He said the bullets were uniquely damaging and that Lanza's victims died almost immediately.

"The bullets are designed in such a fashion the energy is deposited in the tissue so the bullet stays in," Carver said. He described the wounds as a "very devastating set of injuries."
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#49]

The Newtown school massacre victims were all shot multiple times and suffered "devastating” wounds, Connecticut’s chief medical examiner said Saturday.

Dr. Wayne Carver said autopsies on the 20 slain children had been completed and post-mortems on the six murdered staff members would be done by day’s end. The names of the victims were handed to reporters live at the news conference.

"Everybody’s death was caused by gunshot wounds and obviously the manner of death on all these cases have been classified as homicide,” Carver said.

He said the primary weapon was a rifle.

He said that he personally performed seven autopsies and those children had between three and 11 wounds each. Two of them were shot at close range, the others at a distance.

"This is a very devastating set of injuries,” Carver said. "I believe everyone was hit more than once.”

Asked whether the victims suffered, he replied, "Not for very long.”

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#50]
maybe he had two rifles
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top