Posted: 1/30/2006 6:20:15 PM EDT
Here is what it says to me:

Our nation is still reeling from the attack on Pearl

Japs occupy Burma
Japs Take Tulagi in the Solomons
Japs prepair to invade Midway and the Alutian Islands in Alaska
Japs reach India
Air Raid Alerts and warnings all up and down the West coast

The Battleships Colorado and Maryland steam under the Golden Gate Bridge to form the first line of defense against the Jap attack on San Francisco that everyone expects to come soon.

The Battle of the Coral Sea begins.

May of 1942 was full of very dark days in America.

163270: The serial number of the Winchester Garand that the CMP is shipping to my door step in the morning. It was made in the dark days of May, 1942.

Get off your ass and get yourself a real piece of American history. Check out the CMP.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If I want to sit on my ass that is none of your fucking business you pervert.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
nice.

now post pics.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Well come to think of it I ordered mine whilst sitting on my ass...........
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope there are some CMP Garands left when my ass is fully employed and has some school debts paid off.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

163270: The serial number of the Winchester Garand that the CMP is shipping to my door step in the morning.

Really?

I thought it was just reported stolen.

j/k

Congrats on the CMP Garand. Real piece of history there. If this is your first, it won't be your last. They grow on you. It's almost as bad as black rifle disease.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]

NICE !!!  

I have a Springfield that was made in mid-December of 1941.  All the factory workers that were making it must have been pissed.

I think of it as a V-1 not an M-1 (as in Vengeance-rifle )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top