Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/23/2002 12:56:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:03:14 PM EDT
Band of Brothers Saving Private Ryan The Matrix The Godfather trilogy The James Bond collections
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 1:05:45 PM EDT
Red Dawn. Blockbuster has it for 9.99 Plus, you get a free rental when you buy a movie.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:02:49 PM EDT
Here's my list in no particular order: Band Of Brothers Goodfellas Blade Runner Snatch Heat Reservoir Dogs Saving Private Ryan The Matrix Apollo 13 Scarface 2001: A Space Odyssey Apocalypse Now Redux The Usual Suspects Black Hawk Down O Brother, Where Art Thou? Pink Floyd The Wall The Bridge On The River Kwai Patton Leon The Professional Monty Python And The Holy Grail The Franch Connection 12 Monkeys
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:13:07 PM EDT
Das Boot, the full length, un-cut DVD version with both the German and English soundtracks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 2:23:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:12:28 PM EDT
Girls Gone Wild [BD]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:52:38 PM EDT
Ronin
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2002 4:07:26 PM EDT by MK4Mod0]
Has anyone seen the little preview of "Star Trek Nemesis" ? I'll try to find a link........It looks good. www.ifilm.com Can anyone tell me why I can't get the damned links to work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:07:57 PM EDT
The Backdoor Lambada
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:36:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By -UHLEK-: Red Dawn. Blockbuster has it for 9.99 Plus, you get a free rental when you buy a movie.
View Quote
Just got it this week. Four more beers and that sucker is GOING IN THE PLAYA!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:24:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Yankee1911: ... The James Bond collections
View Quote
The "collections" are packaged the way they are for one reason - to sell the worst movies with the best ones. I highly recommend buying the movies individually. That way, you do not end up owning such stink bombs as "Moonraker." Anyway, since your genre of choice seems to be action / sci-fi / war type stuff, allow me to make some more suggestions: - Aliens - Apocolypse Now Redux - Ben Hur - Boondock Saints - Braveheart - The Bridge on the River Kwai - Chushingura - Death Wish - Die Hard - Die Hard With A Vengeance (Stay away from Die Hard II - it sucks!!) - Dirty Harry - Dr. No - Dr. Strangelove - Empire of the Sun - Enemy at the Gates - Enter the Dragon - First Blood (Bad in good sort of way) - A Fistful of Dollars* - For a Few Dollars More - From Russia With Love - Full Metal Jacket - Gardens of Stone - The Godfather Trilogy (they sell it in a boxed set) - Goldfinger - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Goodfellas - The Great Escape - The Green Berets - Hang 'em High - Heat - Jaws - Last Man Standing* - Lawrence of Arabia - Leon (Full Length European Version) - License To Kill - The Longest Day - Lord of the Rings - Mad Max - The Manchurian Candidate - Matrix - The Outlaw Josey Wales - The Patriot - Patton - Payback - Planet of the Apes (the original) - Point of No Return (I am one of the few who prefer the US remake over the original French, YMMV) - Poltergeist - The Princess Bride (Every guy needs at least one sorta chick flick) - Raiders of the Lost Ark (Not available yet if you are limited to region 1) - Red Dawn - Reservoir Dogs - Rio Bravo - The Road Warrior - Rocky - Ronin - Rush Hour - Rush Hour II - Saving Private Ryan - Savior - Scarface (Pacino Cuban Version) - The Score - Seven Samurai - Shane - The Shining - The Silence of the Lambs - Spartacus - Star Trek the Motion Picture - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan - Star Wars Episode 1 - Star Wars Episode II - Taxi Driver - The Terminator - T2 - Thunderball - Tomorrow Never Dies - Unforgiven - The Usual Suspects - Yojimbo* - You Only Live Twice * All essentially the same movie told in different backdrops (Fueadal Japan, Prohibition Era Texas, Post-Civil War Old West) Just thought I'd give you some ideas. You have embarked on a dangerous addiction. Adam
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:45:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adam_White:
Originally Posted By Yankee1911: ... The James Bond collections
View Quote
The "collections" are packaged the way they are for one reason - to sell the worst movies with the best ones. I highly recommend buying the movies individually. That way, you do not end up owning such stink bombs as "Moonraker."
View Quote
I have one of the Bond box sets and all the movies are good ones. It doesn't have Moonraker in it (and I agree that Moonraker blows). But you're right, since you probably wouldn't save much money buying the box sets versus buying the movies individually, that picking your favorite Bond movies to buy is the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:56:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:57:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Popeye_Doyle: Here's my list in no particular order: Snatch Reservoir Dogs
View Quote
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels Pulp Fiction From Dusk til Dawn Friday Jackie Brown Four Rooms
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:02:05 PM EDT
The Longest Day
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:03:13 PM EDT
eight legged freaks and the new starwars both are good.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:06:24 PM EDT
Add to the list: Platoon American History X
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:10:28 PM EDT
Do you know why this thread sucks? Thuis thread sucks because as others name movies, I remember that I once owned many of them. Now they are not here. In other words, I loaned them to someone and have not gotten them back. Curse my senility!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:12:58 PM EDT
Lord of the Rings and the Matrix are both impressive DVDs. To fully apprieciate the Matrix you need a surround sound system.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
Glengarry GlenRoss! One of my all time favorites. Best dialogue ever. Just came out on DVD last week.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/23/2002 7:22:00 PM EDT by AR-15Fan]
Yes, you need at least these: Red Dawn Aliens: Special Edition Lord of the Rings, Extended Edition HEAT T2: Ultimate Edition Tremors
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:33:07 PM EDT
Heat Gettysburg.... Tactics from the bow and lance day .vs basically modern weapons. The bravery of those men in the face of devastating fire power is unreal. John Wayne ....The Searchers Simply the best movie he ever made. If its on DVD yet Uncommon Valor
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:37:06 PM EDT
Tombstone
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:40:50 PM EDT
Reign of Fire is out. I just finished DLing it and now it is time to burn. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:47:11 PM EDT
Just do what I just did. Rent them all on netflix. Thanks for the list guys I just added most of these to my order que.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:47:20 PM EDT
Any Monty Python Gross Point Blank Blade Runner Prophecy Blade I and II Monsters Inc. Gladiator Just a few I own, and don't forget that on tuesday "Ice Age" goes on sale.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:29:44 PM EDT
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Widescreen Special Edition) Amadeus (Special Edition) American Pie 2 (Special Edition/ Widescreen/ Unrated) American Pie: Collector's Edition (Unrated Version American Psycho (Unrated) Army Of Darkness: Theatrical Version Horror Basic Instinct (Unrated) Battle Royale Best In Show Better Off Dead Black Hawk Down Blazing Saddles Blue Velvet (Special Edition Bridge Too Far Bridget Jones's Diary Comedy Broken Arrow Action Cabin Boy Comedy Desperado: The Superbit Collection Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen (Special Edition) Fast And The Furious (Special Edition) Fast Times At Ridgemont High: Collector's Edition Fight Club: Special Edition Drama From Hell (Special Edition) Ghostbusters: Collector's Series Gladiator: Special Edition Gone In 60 Seconds Good, The Bad and The Ugly, The Grosse Pointe Blank Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone (Widescreen/ Special Edition) I'm Gonna Git You Sucka Jaws: Collector's Edition Jurassic Park Collection: Collector's Edition Kingpin: Special Edition Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (Special Edition) Last Man Standing Last Temptation Of Christ: Criterion Collection Legally Blonde Legend Ultimate Edition Other Logan's Run: Special Edition Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring (Widescreen/ Special Edition) Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring: Extended (Special Edition) Mad Max (Special Edition) Manhunter (Theatrical Version) Matrix, The Men In Black: Special Edition DD Monty Python And The Holy Grail (Special Edition) Mulholland Drive Suspense Planet Of The Apes (2001) Predator (DTS) Pulp Fiction (Collector's Edition) Reservoir Dogs: Ten Years/Mr. Pink (Special Edition) Resident Evil (Special Edition) Robocop Say It Isn't So (Special Edition) Scooby Doo: The Movie (Special Edition/ Widescreen) Simpsons: Season #1 (Special Edition) Sixth Sense: Vista Series (Special Edition) Sound And Vision Home Theater Tune-Up South Park: Insults To Injuries Television Speed Spider-Man (Special Edition/ Widescreen) Star Trek 2: The Wrath Of Khan: The Director's Edition (Special Edition) Star Wars: Episode 2: Attack Of The Clones (Special Edition/ Widescreen) Star Wars: Episodoe One The Phantom Menance Starship Troopers (2-Disc Special Edition) Stigmata: Special Edition Surviving The Game There's Something About Mary (Special Edition) This Is Spinal Tap (Special Edition) Tora! Tora! Tora!: Special Edition Total Recall (Remastered) Training Day (Special Edition) True Lies Action True Romance (Special Edition) U-571: Collector's Edition Unforgiven (Special Edition) Usual Suspects (Special Edition) Waiting For Guffman (Special Edition) Watership Down We Were Soldiers (Special Edition) X-Men: Special Edition
Top Top