Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/30/2001 5:40:07 AM EDT
A while back someone posted what cardboards they used to modify a 7-pocket bandolier so it would carry 3,10-round strippers in each pocket instead of the standard 2. I can't remember what it was that they used. I think the original post was on the old board. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:18:25 AM EDT
Nobody? Come on lets get those tin-foil thinking hats on:) I remember someone posting that all they had to do was to cut up a commonly available package of some type. What was the box they cut up?
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:54:12 AM EDT
If you buy a 4 pocket bandolier that includes the hardware, it comes with the 3 stripper clip cardboards. What the guy did was take one of those apart and use it as a template to make more cardboards out of boxes that are used for post office priority mail. I guess if you asked nicely I could ask my friend for one of the cardboards he has and I could draw up a template for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:26:54 AM EDT
Uh, just wondering, how does one cardboard help you hold two? In a 7 pocket, I can get one loaded stripper clip into the cardboard, and stick the other one just loose in the pocket. Am i doing something wrong? Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:42:13 AM EDT
Dano I use my Federal American Eagle box, measure the height necessary to cover the entire clip, and break out the kitchen shears. If you use the AE boxes you can fit 3 loaded 10 round stripper clips in each box if you alternate the direction of each clip. (1st clip facing right, 2nd clip facing left, 3rd clip facing right)
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 2:51:20 PM EDT
Imbrog|io, A template? Yes, that would be very nice, thank you. I would appreicate if you could post it here for everyone to share, and, if its not too much trouble, email me a copy. Thank you very much. DontTouchMyGuns, Thanks. I'll also go look for some of those boxes. Kharn, Yes, the standard 7-pocket cardboards hold 2 10-round strippers clips. Both clips go point down in a snug and rattle free package.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:59:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:39:58 PM EDT
OOPS! Troy is correct. The 5.56 strippers fit one on top of the other with bullet points in opposite directions. I was thinking of the 7.62 strippers earlier. Sorry for the misdirection.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:58:20 PM EDT
You guys have tooooo much free time, just put them in without cardboard.
Top Top