Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:47:27 PM EDT
All I hear anymore is what we are OWED by the government [hence, paid for by the rest of us] So, what exactly does ARFCOM think is OWED to Americans? Health care? Unemployment? Welfare? Food? Clothing? Housing? Transportation? Education? Secure borders? Strong military?Name some things if you can, that YOU believe the Govt owes US.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:51:34 PM EDT
*crickets*
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:53:12 PM EDT
Our God given RIGHTS,as layed out in that old piece of paper we call the US CONSTITUTION!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:53:34 PM EDT
Protection from foreign enemies.

Protection from domestic enemies.

Contract arbitration.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:56:03 PM EDT
After we pay taxes we should get life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The only other thing we are owed is pot-hole free roads. And a strong military, second to none..
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:57:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave15:
Our God given RIGHTS,as layed out in that old piece of paper we call the US CONSTITUTION!!!!

What rights did God give you?......what if someone is an atheist? Does he have any rights?....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:01:30 PM EDT
1. Life
2. Liberty
3. Property
4. Means to defend the first three.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:03:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

What rights did God give you?......what if someone is an atheist? Does he have any rights?....

Oh crap, here we go again...

Just take a look at the Declaration of Independence will ya. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness are among those which are "endowed by their Creator".
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:03:22 PM EDT
The federal govornment is responsible for defense of the Republic, as
a well organized militia is not an acceptable substitute for a
modern army. The federal govornment is responsible for the
regulation of interstate commerce in as much as it should eliminate all
tarriffs based on entry of certain goods/services. The federal
govornment is responsible for overseas realtions. The feds are
responsible for the maintainance of one currency and, it's regulation.

Off the top of my head, that's all the feds are responsible for,and, all
that they should be involved in.

Oh, yes..they are also responsible for ensureing that all Americans
recieve our rights as set forth in the constitution.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:04:52 PM EDT

I don't know if we are owed social programs but is it right NOT to help AMERICANS whom really need help and give Trillions away to Pali terroist groups like Humas?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:05:09 PM EDT
A Military
and a post office
Nothing more, nothing less!

Othere than those 2, they can step the fuck off!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:05:13 PM EDT

The athiest gets the same rights tax free until thereally big baloon payment at
the end of the loan period
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:05:34 PM EDT
The US government "owes" me for the money that I've been forced to put into social security. This year, the government "owed" me several thousand dollars because of excess withholdings.

Other than that, the government doesn't owe me anything.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pliftkl:
The US government "owes" me for the money that I've been forced to put into social security. This year, the government "owed" me several thousand dollars because of excess withholdings.

Other than that, the government doesn't owe me anything.

Oh yeah. I'm gonna be one pissed off mean asshole if I don't get back at least what I've paid in to SS PLUS interest.

I know don't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:17:27 PM EDT

No, an Atheist has no rights because the very concept of “Rights” is entirely alien to a true Atheist.

No human has the inherent “right” to tell another human how to act or how to live. The only reason any one person obeys any other person is because of either fear or mutual benefit. However, to a believer (of whatever faith) God (or the gods) has the full right to direct your life. Unlike other humans, he has sovereignty over you.

Early kings realized this and claimed to either be gods or have authority from God to rule. In effect God gave the kings earthly sovereignty over their subjects.

Along came the United States where we claimed that God gave sovereignty directly to the individual. Then we as individuals collectively give some of our sovereign authority to the Government. But all Government power flows from God through us. God did not give any power directly to the Government at all.

When we granted this power to the Government we specifically reserved certain sovereignty for ourselves and specified that the Government couldn’t assume any power we hadn’t specifically granted.

But an Atheist doesn’t believe there is any God, so therefore there can’t be any “rights” neither can there be any absolute good or evil as these are purely religious concepts.

Some Atheists would vehemently deny this but if you really question them they aren’t really Atheists. They may reject the concept of the Christian God but they still believe in some guiding principles in the universe.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:20:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tonkaman:
After we pay taxes we should get life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The only other thing we are owed is pot-hole free roads. And a strong military, second to none..

+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:24:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thuban:
Some Atheists would vehemently deny this but if you really question them they aren’t really Atheists. They may reject the concept of the Christian God but they still believe in some guiding principles in the universe.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Atheist

Just denying god is all it takes to be an atheist.

I'm not antireligious, I invented my own religion that just so happens to not have a god. So ironically I have an atheist religion.

But I still think people have rights to life, liberty, property, and the right to the means to defend the first three.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:25:43 PM EDT
Are you referring to 40 acres and a mule?

I'd rather have Hookers and Blow!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:27:41 PM EDT

Not in MY country.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:15:39 AM EDT
The rule of law -- impartial and honest courts, laws based on rational needs, active enforcement of laws and contracts.

Everything else that I can think of flows from this one principle.
Top Top