Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2018 2:41:24 PM EDT
Looking at pre-made kits vs. building my own. Looking for something smaller in size that will fit on an exterior carrier with molle attachment points. This kit is for everyday patrol, not callouts so keeping the kit on the smaller side is kinda important.

So what's in your kit and what pouch do you use? Any reasonable priced pre-made kits out there? Most I see are either not good or out of budget. This is assuming I am buying my own but I will be putting in a request to see if my department will pay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 2:45:45 PM EDT
I carry the Dark Angel Dark kit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 4:07:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 4:11:12 PM EDT by daoliver924]
Originally Posted By ChadAshton:
Looking at pre-made kits vs. building my own. Looking for something smaller in size that will fit on an exterior carrier with molle attachment points. This kit is for everyday patrol, not callouts so keeping the kit on the smaller side is kinda important.

So what's in your kit and what pouch do you use? Any reasonable priced pre-made kits out there? Most I see are either not good or out of budget. This is assuming I am buying my own but I will be putting in a request to see if my department will pay.
View Quote
Up to date complete IFAK2 with an extra CAT, a chest seal and a decompression needle.
It will cover just about any bad thing out there.

When available they run about 125 all in.

I don't consider an IFAK or IFAK 2 to be that large as that you could not put it on a belt.

I have this set up in IFAK and IFAK2 on plate carriers and another in my truck.

Now if you are not a stickler on the pouch
https://stormseekermilitarysurplus.com/products/le-rip-away-ifak

It's available in black, OD and OCP.
Nothing in the kit expires before 2020
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 4:38:31 PM EDT
I made a tiny hemorrhage control kit out of a pouch from Rescue Essentials, a mini H bandage, one QC LE, and a pair of gloves. TQs go in their own, easily accessible cases. It’s small and limited but is well suited for daily carry.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 7:20:39 PM EDT by DukeFan23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kujoe:
I carry the Dark Angel Dark kit.
View Quote
Kit is on my PC, I carry a TQ in my cargo pocket and some extra supplies in a go bag that goes in the trunk every shift.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 8:54:24 PM EDT by lew]
I carry a Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit Now. TQ is in a Tactical Tailor TQ Pouch.

Contents:
Israeli bandage
Decomp needle
Gauze roll
Chest seal
NPA
Sheers
Nitrile gloves
Ziplock with various small bandages kept in a not-as-readily accessible part of the pouch
Tweezers (everything out here in AZ has thorns or spines that WILL get into your skin)
Sharpie
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:47:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 8:48:25 PM EDT by jjc155]
two CAT's.
two chest seals.
two Chito-gauze.
two Isreali bandages.
two nasal-pharyngeal airways.

Also carry an extra CAT on my vest.

Plus the knowledge and practice how/when to use each of the above to save myself or another.

J-
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:08:59 AM EDT
My kit is a heavy rescue truck lol.

In my off time though it was a build it yourself of bleeding management focused stuff because if I am not with someone that knows and can do airways and has o2 or a bvm to keep me going, well it’s not like I’m going to be doing one on myself. Honestly though you can stuff a tee shirt in a hole or tape a plastic bag over a chest wound if you know what you’re doing so I always say carry what you know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:18:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2018 1:21:41 AM EDT by jasonm4]
I have a Spartan Armor AFAK kit on my chest rig. I then stack a SA IiiA ATC full coat PC underneath or even stack a small bag/bladder on top of that. Kit has following..

NAR Combat Tourniquet in Black
Triton Grip SE Nitrile Gloves Large
NAR S Rolled Gauze- 4.5 x 4.1 yards
NAR Emergency Trauma Dressing- 4" (FLAT)
Hyfin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack
Rusch Latex Free Robertazzi 28fr Naso Airway w/ lube
5.5 EMT Shears Black Handle
Survival Rescue Blanket-Compact
TCCCC Cards
Sharpie Marker
Celox 30g packet

I also have their IFAK in vehicle, great kit. But replaced it's rubber band tourniquet with CAT.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:06:48 PM EDT
be careful of having the chest decompression needle if you aren't trained for it. Last thing you need to do is stab somebody in their rib because you think you are helping.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 4:45:27 PM EDT
Yeah...guess I'm mostly interested in a TQ, chest seal, clotting material, Israeli bandages or some other pressure dressing ...so really I guess that said...that's about what I should be looking at. Something simple and easy to use for anyone that I'd be working with. I am going to push for some tactical first aid training for my department this year too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:04:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChadAshton:
Yeah...guess I'm mostly interested in a TQ, chest seal, clotting material, Israeli bandages or some other pressure dressing ...so really I guess that said...that's about what I should be looking at. Something simple and easy to use for anyone that I'd be working with. I am going to push for some tactical first aid training for my department this year too.
View Quote
every officer at my place is issued this and an additional CAT.

Or you could sourse out your own stuff like a posted above.

trauma pocket insert

J-
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2018 8:14:24 PM EDT by jjc155]
Originally Posted By steelraincdo:
be careful of having the chest decompression needle if you aren't trained for it. Last thing you need to do is stab somebody in their rib because you think you are helping.
View Quote
This, there is little to no need for a cop to be hitting someone with a decompression needle when you can use a vented seal. If its through and through use vented front and non-vented back.

With EMS there with in 15 minutes in all but the most unlikley events decompressing with a needle in the field, especially if you have never done it under stress on a real dying person, will likely cause more harm than good. The vented seal will do pretty much the same thing as the needle in that situation.

J-
Top Top