Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2018 5:22:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for a patrol bag that will fit in the front seat that won't break the bank. It will be mostly used to hold my clipboard, documents, spare batteries and charging cords etc. I would like it if it had molle strips for adding pouches for my binos and other add ons that I can add and remove as needed. I liked the 5.11 Wingman, but I really don't want to spend $90.00 plus dollars on a bag that just sits in my front seat.

What are you using or what are your recomendations?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just use a backpack?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
how much stuff to you "need" to carry?

All of our reports are typed, citations are printed off the computer and we only have 3 actual forms that we need to carry with us.

When I was on the road I used a 5.11 soft side brief case or a backpack. Had more than enough room for the forms, clipboard, med pack, narcan pack, extra cuffs, bottle of water and protein bar,rain coat, etc.

J-
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how much stuff to you "need" to carry?

All of our reports are typed, citations are printed off the computer and we only have 3 actual forms that we need to carry with us.

When I was on the road I used a 5.11 soft side brief case or a backpack. Had more than enough room for the forms, clipboard, med pack, narcan pack, extra cuffs, bottle of water and protein bar,rain coat, etc.

J-
View Quote
Most of our forms are still paper. Reports etc are digital, but it is all the forms that get used and distributed that add up. I used a backpack. It held everything but was a pain when it came to digging things out I needed. I had a soft side organizer I used before and prefer the open accesability.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
LAPG makes a good bag. Not too expensive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve been using this one for the past few years and it has held up well.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-operator-patrol-bag.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Dewalt bag that my drill/impact driver combo kit came in.  It is big enough to hold what I need but small enough to not collect a bunch of unneeded junk.  Carries easily in and out of the cruiser
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I used this.

It was cheap, big enough to store what I needed, but small enough that it isn't unwieldy. In a pinch you can expand if you need to but I never had to.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Go disposable amazon backpack shopping

First recert I showed up to, I walked in with my gazillion dollar hi-viz super james bond ambulance star of life emblazoned jump bag with friggen "lasers", and the other 29 EMTs in the room had these cheapass chinese "medical" backpacks that their department bought off amazon for $20 apiece.

Surf amazon and you'll find slave goods all day that wont make you cry if someone vomits or bleeds on it. You'll sigh, pull out your stuff, and happily throw away the bag rather than try to wipe some putrid shit off it for reuse so you can look at it all shift and know whats really on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top