Site Notices
Page / 99
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anothergene:
842 miles since last dealership oil change and this one and had low oil level on the report from them.

15 base Soul 13,242 miles at this point.

Low oil at only 842 miles is concerning to me.

I get on it occasionally but never on the highway.
View Quote

Yeah keep an eye on that, short tripping can make a engine consume a little more oil than normal as well
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothergene] [#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By anothergene:
The other night at a stop light a car was coming up on me fast so I goosed it and saw what looked like smoke in the rear view mirror with the car's headlights behind me.

Every 6 months there are never the same people at that dealership just seems strange.
View Quote

That sounds like valve seals or a stuck pcv valve to me.

I would replace the pcv valve first just because they're dirt cheap.

Otherwise it is the valve seals or something like that ... well ... cylinder head would have to be rebuilt.

But also take note that I am not seeing it with my own eyes as well so this is only up in the air Theory type stuff.

@anothergene
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
How reliable are the AWD/4x4 Sportages?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tboy:
How reliable are the AWD/4x4 Sportages?
View Quote

pretty good but the v6 awd Sorrento has a better engine long-term, same goes for the new 2021 Sorento.

next gen sportage which should be around for the 2022ish model year is going to be a HUGE improvement in every way.

@Tboy
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

pretty good but the v6 awd Sorrento has a better engine long-term, same goes for the new 2021 Sorento.

next gen sportage which should be around for the 2022ish model year is going to be a HUGE improvement in every way.

@Tboy
View Quote

Great to hear.  I'm shopping now for the next year so I can hold off.  I don't think I can get the Sorento in Ukraine but the Sportages are available.

Thanks @littlepony
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Any K5 GT's on the lot yet?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

Great to hear.  I'm shopping now for the next year so I can hold off.  I don't think I can get the Sorento in Ukraine but the Sportages are available.

Thanks @littlepony
View Quote

Ukraine? Did not notice that, the diesel version is available there I believe.

That might be worth a look at as well, we don't have any diesel Hyundai or kias in the United States.

@Tboy
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Any K5 GT's on the lot yet?
View Quote

They should be delivering this month.

@RayFromJersey
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
@littlepony

My wife found 2 Kia Sportage's that we are going to look at.  One is a 2017 GDI with turbo, panoramic moon roof, and has 23K miles.  The other is a 2018 has 13K miles on it and is a standard LX.

I had a Pontiac Sunbird with a turbo that nothing but problems, so I have avoided them for the past 25 years.  Do the turbo's in the Sportage's have many problems? How about the non turbo.  Want something that is going to be reliable.

Thanks for your input.  Because of you I also have a 2019 Sorento that I got about a year ago.
View Quote

Sparky4, did your wife ever decide?

I bought a 2017 Sportage SX with 40K miles on it. I think your wife will like the HUGE panoramic moonroof and extra power the turbo gives.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#13]
We have finally been allocated the new Sorento we should have one in 2 weeks now
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#14]
What’s the dumbest shit you've crammed in your Soul(s)? This is the second time I’ve done 8 foot lumber, and I think if I take out the passenger seat I could do 10’. Just wait till I do plywood on the roof racks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
We have finally been allocated the new Sorento we should have one in 2 weeks now
View Quote

I am interested to hear your impressions. I am not sure if it's mostly cosmetic or if they made significant changes underbody.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By djkest:

I am interested to hear your impressions. I am not sure if it's mostly cosmetic or if they made significant changes underbody.
View Quote

its pretty much a clean slate design, even has a hybrid version now.

@djkest
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#17]
SoftBank Group Corp. is in talks to sell robot maker Boston Dynamics Inc. to Hyundai Motor Co., people familiar with the matter said.

Proposed terms of the deal would give the South Korean automaker control of the robotics company in a transaction valued at as much as $1 billion, said one of the people, all of whom asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. The terms have yet to be finalized, and the deal could fall apart, said the people.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#18]
@LittlePony

The 1/4 unit tells me her 2014 Soul is going in for some sort of software update.
When asked, she said it was a recall, 2014-2016, 2.o liter, direct injection, but I don't see anything about recalls.
Maybe a TSB?

If you know what it's about, let me know

Thanks
Jay
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
@LittlePony

The 1/4 unit tells me her 2014 Soul is going in for some sort of software update.
When asked, she said it was a recall, 2014-2016, 2.o liter, direct injection, but I don't see anything about recalls.
Maybe a TSB?

Thanks
Jay
View Quote

its better engine tuning basically, it also uses the knock sensor as a mic to listen for any unusual sounds mechanically, notably for any connecting rod bearing issues.

the thing with better tuning of the injector and ignition maps is that the better you make it you can eventually get to a point were it can actually decrease the stress on internal components such as pistons, rods and other stuff than there would be otherwise.

@AZCOP
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cb73] [#21]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:
my wife just got a 2021 Telluride Nightfall edition, SX in Sangria

Very nice car, great tech in it
View Quote

I'm looking at the Telluride myself. I like the looks better then the Palisade.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:
me too, the palisade looked like a mini van
View Quote

That's what I thought also, but I do like the inside of the Palisade better.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]

its better engine tuning basically, it also uses the knock sensor as a mic to listen for any unusual sounds mechanically, notably for any connecting rod bearing issues.

the thing with better tuning of the injector and ignition maps is that the better you make it you can eventually get to a point were it can actually decrease the stress on internal components such as pistons, rods and other stuff than there would be otherwise.

@AZCOP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@LittlePony

Maybe a TSB?

Thanks
Jay

@AZCOP

@LittlePony

My 1/2 unit has a 2017 2.0 Soul.
Is this something that was addressed in her vehicle already, or is it inevitable that the 2017 will eventually get this software update?

Thanks again
Jay
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]

@LittlePony

My 1/2 unit has a 2017 2.0 Soul.
Is this something that was addressed in her vehicle already, or is it inevitable that the 2017 will eventually get this software update?

Thanks again
Jay
View Quote

it would have to be taken in to have it updated manually, if she took it in to get her routine oilchange it would probably have been done then

@AZCOP
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#27]
@TruckinAR

That suck your soul got smacked.

Hope it's not totaled.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#28]
@TruckinAR

That suck your soul got smacked.

Hope it's not totaled.
View Quote

Thanks Buddy....
I would assume hitting a 100 or so lb animal @ 75 or so mph ,prolly fucked it up.

I will say this, that lil turbo box took a helluva punch and I have no scratches on me.

I will buy another Kia.

I am thinking the Sportage, Just dont know which trim level.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#29]
for those that want to see gore of things killed

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I was thinking to myself that it looks like gut contents.  The last pic confirmed it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:32:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beatjunglist] [#31]
will they make a manual stinger?  Will they start making guns like Daewoo?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
I was thinking to myself that it looks like gut contents.  The last pic confirmed it.
View Quote

I hit that fucker so hard, there is hair wedged between the tire and wheel, and inside the sealed headlight.

I cant wait to get home and pull the card from the dash cam
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TruckinAR:

I hit that fucker so hard, there is hair wedged between the tire and wheel, and inside the sealed headlight.

View Quote

do it!

you might want to take a look at the turbo seltos SX AWD

its in-between the soul and the sportage, id personally go for that.

@TruckinAR
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TruckinAR] [#34]

do it!

@TruckinAR
View All Quotes

do it!

@TruckinAR

I looked at the Seltos and kinda like it too.
I will have to see how much gun shit I can cram in it.

The Soul works fairly well for 3gun , but as long as it is just me and my gear, its fine.
(we have to drive from stage to stage, which could be a mile)

I am having my Ins.  take this to a Kia dealer so I am comfie with parts and network warranty...plus I can trade the sumbitch in after all this.

I could get the telluride, but if I am going to spend 50K, I want a truck.

So 25-30K is a much better option.

@LittlePony

How much more cargo room does the Seltos have comapered to the  Soul?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#35]

I looked at the Seltos and kinda like it too.
I will have to see how much gun shit I can cram in it.

The Soul works fairly well for 3gun , but as long as it is just me and my gear, its fine.
(we have to drive from stage to stage, which could be a mile)

I am having my Ins.  take this to a Kia dealer so I am comfie with parts and network warranty...plus I can trade the sumbitch in after all this.

I could get the telluride, but if I am going to spend 50K, I want a truck.

So 25-30K is a much better option.

@LittlePony

How much more cargo room does the Seltos have comapered to the  Soul?
View Quote

you can get a lower end telluride for like 30 to 35 but thats still a pretty penny
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I need to take my ‘16 SOUL to my dealer for an update to the ECM’s software affecting connecting rods and premature damage due to vibration/knocking, for the 2.0L 4 banger from ‘14-‘16.

It should be a short visit.

Chris
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#37]
@LittlePony

I just received a letter from KIA concerning the installation of an additional evaporative canister for my 2017 Soul Turbo.  Any idea of how long this will take and are the dealerships getting the parts in stock?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CMPEBRFAN:
@LittlePony

I just received a letter from KIA concerning the installation of an additional evaporative canister for my 2017 Soul Turbo.  Any idea of how long this will take and are the dealerships getting the parts in stock?
View Quote

it has to be ordered by vin so it could take a few days before they get it.

id call it in ahead of time with your dealer so they can have it comming and when it does get there you can be in and out quickly, only takes like 30mins

@CMPEBRFAN
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Those blacked out telluride's are nice.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I got a 2020 LX manual Soul.  The only thing I keep missing on it is cruise control.  I keep reading a couple threads on the Soul forum about adding it w/ an OEM part.    Does this look like a reasonable procedure?  Looks like if it worked I could add cruise for < $100.

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/lx-with-manual-transmission-curise-control-addon.117087/
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By jhereg:
I got a 2020 LX manual Soul.  The only thing I keep missing on it is cruise control.  I keep reading a couple threads on the Soul forum about adding it w/ an OEM part.    Does this look like a reasonable procedure?  Looks like if it worked I could add cruise for < $100.

https://www.kiasoulforums.com/threads/lx-with-manual-transmission-curise-control-addon.117087/
View Quote

I have a 16 manual and did this, it looks like the parts are different, I needed the switch and the harness which were like $45 total. It was simple to do, minus I didn't use a steering wheel puller and hit myself square in the nose with the steering wheel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:

I have a 16 manual and did this, it looks like the parts are different, I needed the switch and the harness which were like $45 total. It was simple to do, minus I didn't use a steering wheel puller and hit myself square in the nose with the steering wheel.
View All Quotes

yeah it is a kinda a pain to do but cruise is nice to have.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

From what I've read I think the Gen2 stuff required the harness.  I think the 2020 only requires the part from what I've been reading, but it's more than $45...
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jjustice1228] [#46]
@LittlePony

Got a 2021 Forte GT about a month ago. So far I like it. Anything special I should know about them or look out for? What's your opinion on them?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jjustice1228:
@LittlePony

Got a 2021 Forte GT about a month ago. So far I like it. Anything special I should know about them or look out for? What's your opinion on them?
View Quote

is it the turbo version? if so the plugs like all our turbo engines are due every 45k but thats the only thing to note, i wouldn't mind one but id probably just go for a EX-P trim instead.

@jjustice1228
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jjustice1228] [#48]
Yeah, the turbo. GT2 package. AC seats are great. I kinda want to find some korean badges to put on it. Should I use premium gas in it or does that matter? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jjustice1228:
Yeah, the turbo. GT2 package. AC seats are great. I kinda want to find some korean badges to put on it. Should I use premium gas in it or does that matter? Thanks
View Quote

premium will be for best results

and please dont put that fake stuff on it, i hate seeing that, save for a few flagship models the badge we use here in the states is the same in Korea

the slant like badge you sometimes see on mod'ed kias here is a old emblem that was used mostly on busses and trucks and has not been used in over 10 years now.

@jjustice1228
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Cool. Didn’t know that about the badges. Thanks for the info. Did see you guys are supposed to be changing the logo here. That true?
Page / 99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top