Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:03:34 PM EDT
Anyone want to lay odds on how long the show airs before the dumbass captain sinks the Steve Irwin by ramming an iceberg or a Japanese whaling ship?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't be soon enough!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can't be soon enough!

I think it's a noble cause.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched that show for the first time last night.  They sure do love the whales don't they?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone want to lay odds on how long the show airs before the dumbass captain sinks the Steve Irwin by ramming an iceberg or a Japanese whaling ship?

Well, the camera crew DID make it back with the footage.  Just sayin.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]

I wish them luck even though they are crazy mofo's. Armed forced would be more effective.
I personally don't understand the hunting of whales anymore though, when most of the things made with their blubber can be made artificially. There may be products not as good, but I'd like to know what there are.
If it was a matter of food it would be different but I don't think their living off eating them either and hunting anything to the point of extinction even for food is just stupid, shortsighted and wrong.
It's not like Arfcom doesn't have a good population of environmentally unconcerned idiots though.
What we destroy won't be here to be enjoyed later.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, when the Japanese are breaking the law or "hunting them to the point of extinction" maybe you'll have a point.  Until then, here's your pointy hat.   The corner is that way.  ––->
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm surprised the dumbasses haven't been shot yet.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
How epic of a thread would it be if an Arfcommer enlisted with them and posted a pic of himself with Cap'n Paul, arm in arm on the Steve Irwin with a BFL in the background?  

100 Internets to the first man to accomplish the mission.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wish them luck even though they are crazy mofo's. Armed forced would be more effective.
I personally don't understand the hunting of whales anymore though, when most of the things made with their blubber can be made artificially. There may be products not as good, but I'd like to know what there are.
If it was a matter of food it would be different but I don't think their living off eating them either and hunting anything to the point of extinction even for food is just stupid, shortsighted and wrong.
It's not like Arfcom doesn't have a good population of environmentally unconcerned idiots though.

Let me try to explain it to you then…

First, a couple of facts.

“Whales” are a very diverse group of species. Different species of whales have different habitats, different feeding habits, different intelligence levels, different everything. They are at least as a diverse a group as primates are.

“International Law” isn’t created by some kind of world legislature. It’s simply a collection of treaties which nations voluntarily agree to follow and a declaration of force where some nations say they will use their military and police powers in a certain way.

Several decades ago, certain species of whales were being hunted to extinction by the whaling industry. There was an agreement to limit whaling by several nations, including Japan. The problem is that the Japanese government couldn’t agree to an outright ban on whaling due to the political realities back home. And, the anti-whaling nations couldn’t allow blatant exceptions due to the political realities in their nations. So, the Japanese were allowed to harvest a certain number of a certain kind of whale for “research.” According to the treaty the meat had to be sold in Japan for food. This compromise (aka “lie”) was what made the treaty possible.

The Japanese whalers are not hunting endangered whales. While many whale species are endangered, the ones the Japanese are hunting are quite common. The Japanese are not taking those whales in numbers that could ever endanger them either. The Japanese whaling is completely sustainable.

Remember the Japanese are voluntarily restricting their whaling. The only “law” against whaling is a treaty that they could abrogate at will. Then they could, if they wanted, go on to slaughter every single whale in the ocean. And Captain Dumbfuck of the “Good Ship Lollypop” is creating problems that could cause the Japanese to simply start ignoring the treaty.

All of the “extinction” crap you get on that show is just that, a load of crap.

I guess you can make a moral argument that hunting this particular species of whale is wrong because the whale is so intelligent… except I don’t know that this species of whale is any smarter than cattle. I don’t know that they aren’t either. But just because one species of whale is fairly bright doesn’t mean that all whales are.

Remember, the pirate hippies (or is it hippie pirates) are vegans. They don’t think you should eat a steak either and if they could get away with it they would go ramming trucks into Burger King to shut them down too.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, when the Japanese are breaking the law or "hunting them to the point of extinction" maybe you'll have a point.  Until then, here's your pointy hat.   The corner is that way.  ––->

There are only around 3000 Fins left. The Japs limit themselves to 50 a year but with such a small gene pool to begin with it's a pretty dick move on their part to be hunting them at all.

Regardless of my feelings about whaling the Sea Shepards and captain dumb fuck are a bunch of retards and i will laugh upon reading about their horrible deaths at sea.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyones else think that some of them hippy-ass tree huggin' women are cute?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Whales” are a very diverse group of species. Different species of whales have different habitats, different feeding habits, different intelligence levels, different everything. They are at least as a diverse a group as primates are.

“International Law” isn’t created by some kind of world legislature. It’s simply a collection of treaties which nations voluntarily agree to follow and a declaration of force where some nations say they will use their military and police powers in a certain way.

Several decades ago, certain species of whales were being hunted to extinction by the whaling industry. There was an agreement to limit whaling by several nations, including Japan. The problem is that the Japanese government couldn’t agree to an outright ban on whaling due to the political realities back home. And, the anti-whaling nations couldn’t allow blatant exceptions due to the political realities in their nations. So, the Japanese were allowed to harvest a certain number of a certain kind of whale for “research.” According to the treaty the meat had to be sold in Japan for food. This compromise (aka “lie”) was what made the treaty possible.

The Japanese whalers are not hunting endangered whales. While many whale species are endangered, the ones the Japanese are hunting are quite common. The Japanese are not taking those whales in numbers that could ever endanger them either. The Japanese whaling is completely sustainable.

Remember the Japanese are voluntarily restricting their whaling. The only “law” against whaling is a treaty that they could abrogate at will. Then they could, if they wanted, go on to slaughter every single whale in the ocean. And Captain Dumbfuck of the “Good Ship Lollypop” is creating problems that could cause the Japanese to simply start ignoring the treaty.

I guess you can make a moral argument that hunting this particular species of whale is wrong because the whale is so intelligent… except I don’t know that this species of whale is any smarter than cattle. I don’t know that they aren’t either. But just because one species of whale is fairly bright doesn’t mean that all whales are.

Remember, the pirate hippies (or is it hippie pirates) are vegans. They don’t think you should eat a steak either and if they could get away with it they would go ramming trucks into Burger King to shut them down too.

Good post. Thanks for the background –– this is all new to me (I've never seen the show, just the threads here).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Dey phish fer dese

IIRC the Japanese take about a 1000 Minke whales a year for research. Link above shows a population of 800,000. Doubt they'd ever die out from that kind of "slaughter".
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Those people are so retarded.  None of them belong on a ship as a passenger, let alone acting in the roles they've been given.  The captain, albeit a decent operator of the ship, is so delusional that he'll gladly send dozens of similar minded fools to their death just because they're too young and foolish to recognize a lost cause.  I honestly think the majority of the people on that ship believe the captain is competent and safe in his actions and that they'll be unharmed and able to return home unscathed, however, they're following him like the sheep that made up the Peoples Temple.  Only the older ones seem to grasp the reality of their twisted "mission".

Nevertheless, I root for the Japanese ships and look forward to whatever countermeasures they facilitate in warding on the SS.   The SS has no real chance in stopping whaling, we all know that, but it's entertaining at least to seem them fail over and over so drastically.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#16]
the quartermaster is a hottie, and was a Officer in the Navy too.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Typical liberals, save a whale screw humans............. Lets sink a ship and drown some poor japs. I am sure they are good pro abortion liberals.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When she broke her pelvis last season i bet every guy on the ship wept.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are only around 3000 Fins left. The Japs limit themselves to 50 a year but with such a small gene pool to begin with it's a pretty dick move on their part to be hunting them at all.

Regardless of my feelings about whaling the Sea Shepards and captain dumb fuck are a bunch of retards and i will laugh upon reading about their horrible deaths at sea.

I suppose you counted them all yourself?  There's a lot of water out there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose you counted them all yourself?  There's a lot of water out there.

It was a rough three days but i like to be thorough
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
hmm.. i wonder if the whalers would hire on any fire power?   might be a pretty fair payday in ship defense.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyones else think that some of them hippy-ass tree huggin' women are cute?

Yea....... that Shannon Mann chick makes me moist!

I'd bang it like a snare drum in a pipe band.....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the dumbasses haven't been shot yet.

Yeah, really shot, not fake shot like last year.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No that was shannon........ she was never in the navy!

This is Shannon....

This is Jane Taylor the Navy chick.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Regardless of what you think of their politics, what is indisputable is that they are a bunch of reckless buffoons. The first mate doesn't even know his compass bearings when told by the navigator. What is the gross tonnage of that ship? If anyone sinks that ship it will be him. I very much doubt the majority of people on that vessel have any nautical experience.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oops...They've got like 12 quartermasters, it's hard to keep track.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody catch the retard in the last episode hanging off the bow of the boat while the dolphins were swimming long with them and he had his hand outstretched and said "Oooooooo I hope one of them jumps up and touches my hand"
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Regardless of what you think of their politics, what is indisputable is that they are a bunch of reckless buffoons. The first mate doesn't even know his compass bearings when told by the navigator. What is the gross tonnage of that ship? If anyone sinks that ship it will be him. I very much doubt the majority of people on that vessel have any nautical experience.

This.....

I wouldn't let that son of a bitch drive my bass boat!

Now Shannon..... She could drive it & me!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anybody catch the retard in the last episode hanging off the bow of the boat while the dolphins were swimming long with them and he had his hand outstretched and said "Oooooooo I hope one of them jumps up and touches my hand"

Yea....WTF
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Fools.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fools.

Ship of Fools!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Not that I agree with whaling, but…

This is these peoples livelihood…

What would a rancher in Texas do if some bunny hugger was throwing butter balloons on him while he was trying to drive his cattle?

These people are gonna get someone seriously fucked up if not killed and it is gonna be 100% their fault!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not that I agree with whaling, but…

This is these peoples livelihood…

What would a rancher in Texas do if some bunny hugger was throwing butter balloons on him while he was trying to drive his cattle?

These people are gonna get someone seriously fucked up if not killed and it is gonna be 100% their fault!

And when it does come to pass.... I hope they throw the captain of the ship in fucking prison.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oops...They've got like 12 quartermasters, it's hard to keep track.

LOL its all good.  She looks way better in the show compared to that above pic
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is Shannon....
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/crew-bios/shannon-mann/images/mann-175.jpg

This is Jane Taylor the Navy chick.....
http://planetsave.com/files/2008/12/jane.jpg

She has her head so far up her ass, she thinks she owns the planet. Typical lib.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very good post, thank you. As long as any whales under an extinction threat aren't hunted and the whales that are, aren't simply wasted to make products unnecessary when there are as good artficials and the meat is eaten, I'm fine with it. I just need to understand if there's any sense to it. People got to make a living of course too.
I'm sure the Whale War protestors would have a problem with my taste for steak. They'd probably bark at the rainbow trout I'm about to enjoy also.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I am kinda wondering what nation holds that captains license(s).   MY license would be jerked in a minute if I was caught operating a vessel in a manner as shown on this show.  I think there would and should be some criminal charges for endangering other vessels AND the lives of passengers, willing or not.  A captain of a licensed vessel has a legal responsibility for the welfare of his passengers, even if the passenger does not realize it.  

I hope no one gets hurt, before this sick charade is over.  

Makes me want to try whale meat though......can it be made to taste like bacon????
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Some folks just can't grasp the concept of the food chain. Using these dumb asses ideology then maybe we should kill all the sharks because they eat so many defenseless fish. This is the same stupid bullshit argument and philosophy that has these people so mentally fucked up. They have no understanding of logic and base everything on their feel good emotions. I have no problem with doing shit that makes you feel good but when you try to impose your flawed logic on others it gets to be a problem. These same people who will risk their lives to save a freaking whale, will sit by casually and not give a fuck about some guy aborting 60,000 viable human beings. Don't want to get into the abortion debate just want to illustrate how far out of touch with reality these morons really are. They apply this same stupid logic to the gun control issue. Someone was killed with a gun so everyone should be made defenseless so some libtard can "feel good."  I would drink my own urine rather throw any of em a life ring if their boat sank.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Apparently the Japanese plan to kill dozens of endangered Fin whales.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I keep hoping that a bigger ship will ram them and that will be the end of the series.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I watched that show for the first time last night.  They sure do love the whales don't they?

Yeah they do.  I would bet a dollar they love the f ing whales more than they do people.  Twisted minds
Not that I have anything against whales.  Law is law and everyone should obey them, including the whalers.

Its just that in my experience, those kind of people usually dont like other humans very much.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd like to go whale hunting just to piss off those hippy tree hugging fags.
this brings a new question,

which caliber to hunt whales with?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fools.

Ship of Fools!

I bet they are getting money from Obama.  That means they are getting it from you and me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#44]
What they do on that show is PIRACY...  I am quite surprised nobody on here has made note of that fact yet.  They go out and BOARD and ATTACK foreign vessels in an attempt to get them to stop whaling.  What really needs to happen is one of those whaling ship's crew needs to repel boarders at all costs, and maybe the "Steve Irwin" will get the hint.

On a side note, what a way to really "honor" Steve Irwin's name...  A bunch of douchebag tree huggers going out and committing international crimes...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How epic of a thread would it be if an Arfcommer enlisted with them and posted a pic of himself with Cap'n Paul, arm in arm on the Steve Irwin with a BFL in the background?  

100 Internets to the first man to accomplish the mission.

May I link the site for you?  They are looking for people to join their cause!  Who's going to take the challenge?

Sea Shepherd Crew
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#46]
They do more harm to their cause than good. To really take a chunk out of the whaling market then you have to get rid of the customer. Convince Japanese people that they shouldent pay for whale and the industry will die. You DO NOT jump onto their whaling boats, run into their whaling boats or throw shit at their whaling boats. You piss of people in Japan and get them on the side of the whalers. I dont care about their cause but I do care about the way they go about expressing it.

And their captain is a total idiot. Claims he got shot last season by the japanese and his little whale wars badge stopped the round. Ya right. He will probably needlessly kill his entire crew at some point.

This season I find it funny that the whalers ran their ships down into the ice knowing the ass hats on the Sea Sheperd dont have a ice hulled boat. Simple solution to a pain in the ass problem. They also bought LRads which was a good move on the japs part.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Saw it for the first time last night too.

Kept waiting for the Japs to harpoon the Irwin.  Seems fitting.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He could just go to the Sea World petting tank
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Pulling stupid stuff in those waters will get them killed.  All it takes is a green crew (check), shoddy watch at night and a good piece of ice.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top