Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 7:31:58 PM EDT
This is the lowest price on a DIAS I've seen all year - Thought I'd pass it on to the rest of the board.  If one of you mugs buys it at 5K, I want a finders fee!

www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=3082&query=retrieval
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I had that kind of cash laying around.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like hes selling it with the gun all as one lot, which suggests -- to me at least, particularly given the price -- that the DIAS has been "wed" to that reciever.  That's the only way to explain the price.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
newbie question...what does 'DIAS' stand for?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Im considering that one there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
DIAS= drop in auto sear.

btw, this spring i held one at Lauer that was just over 5k.  they had a couple links for 3k too.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Drop In Auto Sear

muchas gracias
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#8]
ARGH! He forgot the "R"! Hellfire shall fall upon us all!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
what R?  hell, i got mine out of shotgun news.
jk or course..or am i? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I the only one that thinks that $5K isn't such a good price for a sear? I've seen and heard about several for cheaper, you've just got to be quick.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
i dont understand how they sell them in SGN. i would think most of the people that are looking at that magazine own an AR, and they're selling DIAS? is this a scam ad they're running to catch dupes?

tinfoil!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
So if one had one of those DIAS pinned into a pre-ban Colt,and sold off the DIAS what the heck could he do with the remaining rifle?

Bob
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So if one had one of those DIAS pinned into a pre-ban Colt,and sold off the DIAS what the heck could he do with the remaining rifle?

Bob
View Quote

Now that my light bulb is getting brighter, the answer is that "he can't".  The lower and the DIAS are as if they are 1 unit.  

With a RDIAS, the little doohickey IS the machine gun and you can take it out and put it in any host lower that has the milspec dimensions for it.

With a wedded DIAS, if the lower is destroyed, the DIAS is worthless because you cannot use it in another lower.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me please.

Edited to add:

The dias's in the Shotgun News are sold legally, as a pre MG ban DIAS is legal to own (unless you happen to also own an AR as well)

Rumor has it that the whole thing is a BATF stig operation  - which may be true.

Again, If I'm wrong, someone correct me please.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top