Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:08:24 AM EDT
Well, Thursday I will be getting paid to be a drunk....I will be helping out the Coast Guard and they need to practice giving BAC tests. So.....apparantly they (edit)WANT(edit) someone who is drunk to test, and that person is me. I get to get drunk and get paid for it!! WooHoo!!!!

THERE FIXED IT YOU DAMN GRAMMAR NAZI!! I need a beer
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, Thursday I will be getting paid to be a drunk....I will be helping out the Coast Guard and they need to practice giving BAC tests. So.....apparantly they someone who is drunk to test, and that person is me. I get to get drunk and get paid for it!! WooHoo!!!!

Welcome to the exclusive club!  My experience with getting paid to get drunk was as a lab rat in an MRI.  They provided the booze plus a recovery room and I got paid to not only get drunk, but also to get sober!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Drink one for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They said I get to choose what to drink....I wonder what they'll say if I ask for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, Thursday I will be getting paid to be a drunk....I will be helping out the Coast Guard and they need to practice giving BAC tests. So.....apparantly they insert adverb here someone who is drunk to test, and that person is me.

I think you're already tipping a few back!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I first thought this was about a dog,  but how much are they going to pay you?  And how much do you HAVE to drink?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
They pay $12.50 an hour for 6 hours and I have to drink between 6 and 12 shots
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]
What will you do with the 4 hrs. you have left over??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What will you do with the 4 hrs. you have left over??

It doesn't matter how long I take to do it, I get paid for 6 hours either way
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, Thursday I will be getting paid to be a drunk....I will be helping out the Coast Guard and they need to practice giving BAC tests. So.....apparantly they insert adverb here someone who is drunk to test, and that person is me. hr

You meant verb, right...?

<Grammar Nazi Internal Affairs Division>
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn where do I sign up? I always wanted to do one of those DUI tests, where you get drunk, and drive through the cones, just to see how I would do.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, Thursday I will be getting paid to be a drunk....I will be helping out the Coast Guard and they need to practice giving BAC tests. So.....apparantly they insert adverb here someone who is drunk to test, and that person is me.

You meant verb, right...?

<Grammar Nazi Internal Affairs Division>

HELL YEAH!!! F'N GRAMMAR NAZI'S!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Eh, I'm just a spelling nazi, I don't know what goes there... hehehe

It's funny, I see it all the time, someone will post a message and leave out entire words.  Does no one proof read what they write before they post it?  I always do.  

Anyway, go get drunk for money man!  I'd do it!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#14]
So...do you have to drink until you're ready to pass out or puke?

or can you just be really buzzed?

The last time I was drunk enough to be sick, I swore I would never do it again.  I'm not sure if 12.50 an hour is enough money to feel that disgusting again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#15]
So if you get wasted and commit a criminal offense (ie assault) or just going nuts, while under a lab test, can you sue them for getting you drunk?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I did that at EKU.  Fun and it was easy money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What will you do with the 5 hrs. 52 min. you have left over??

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They pay $12.50 an hour for 6 hours and I have to drink between 6 and 12 shots

Dang, 6 shots and I'm not even warmed up yet.  At 12, I'm feeling pretty darn good, but still coherent and able to walk a moderately crooked line.  Shoot, for $75 I'd do it.  Virginia State Police does this same thing, but they don't pay you for time, just give you free booze.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I did this for friend of mine. He's a local officer, is in charge of training and was teaching a DUI class. I drank a total of 11 beers between 0930 and 1430, and went through the standard field sobriety tests. My BAC at that point was .125, and I still fooled most of the trainees (or so they said). I do regret it though. Recovery was horrible. I'd not been THAT drunk in quite some time, and I felt like complete shit for 2 days after.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I did this for friend of mine. He's a local officer, is in charge of training and was teaching a DUI class. I drank a total of 11 beers between 0930 and 1430, and went through the standard field sobriety tests. My BAC at that point was .125, and I still fooled most of the trainees (or so they said). I do regret it though. Recovery was horrible. I'd not been THAT drunk in quite some time, and I felt like complete shit for 2 days after.

lightweight

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#21]
If you get drunk and pass out and they can't run any tests on you, do you still get paid?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Seriously, I'd LOVE to be a part of one of those tests where the participants get shit faced drunk and drive through cones in a big open parking lot.

I have these visions of performing masterfully, despite being falling down drunk.

I'll probably end up making an ass of myself, but it sounds fun either way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top