Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/17/2015 8:31:34 AM EST
Was there a time when network news outlets were truly fair and balanced?

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to recent Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:33:56 AM EST
I'm going with No
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:34:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 8:58:42 AM EST by VA-gunnut]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:48:50 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
News organizations have always been biased in one way or another.

IIRC, there has been a lot of discussion about William Randolph Hurst using his papers to push us into the Spanish American War as just one example.
View Quote

Very interesting.

Just read this to dig a little deeper.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:59:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By zaskar017:
I'm going with No
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:01:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By zaskar017:
I'm going with No
View Quote

Media will always be biased regardless of what they tout.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:02:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:02:43 AM EST
Look up Walter Lippmann and conclude "no"
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:04:24 AM EST
Television itself was pushed early on by the CIA as a direct means of propaganda and information control.

All television news, from its inception has been in fact propaganda.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:10:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bhart89:
Was there a time when network news outlets were truly fair and balanced?

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to recent Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
View Quote

Back when I was growing up in the 70's and early 80's, there was more news than anything on the evening news. Actually, if you wanted to watch the news, you had to wait until 6pm and we only had CBS, NBC, and ABC to choose from. Those were the days...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:13:02 AM EST
I think newspapers prime purpose from very early on was political speech. Even at the time of the founding.
Top Top