Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/22/2011 5:30:40 AM EDT
The valet crashed our Envoy while bringing it around to us.   They really pissed me off because we had ours sons 23 months and 2 weeks old with us and they were bullshitting me around about where the car was.   We stood out there 20 minutes before i got in their face and they told me the car had been in an accident and it was around the block.   They said it was just dented so we walked over there to see it and then I had to go all the way back to Cobo to get the kids out of the cold.   The valet got a ticket for "disregarding a red" and not having a license.  They insurance had us get everything out of the Envoy because they think its totaled, I took the plate too.   I had to wait 3 hours for the damn towtruck to get there, then it was so late that the car rental was closed so I had to go to the airport to get the car, a $70 cab ride.   The car wrecked at 1500, finally got home at 2200.

The insurance people say they need to have it towed to to Grand Rapids to their salvage yard for the adjuster to make a final determination, still hasn't happened as of 26Jan2011.

The female valet is now claiming that she got hurt in the crash.   I think she is fucking herself since I have pics of her walking around fine, see above.   While at the scene she said " I should have pretended I was got hurt and layed down right in the street."

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks !
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
How does that happen?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#4]
no way that's going on my insurance.

valet with no DL = sue the shit out of the valet company
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, well....it is VERY upsetting, but let me encourage you to take a deep breath and realize: You were not in the car when this happened, with your wife and two young children. I got in a very serious accident a number of years ago with my wife and three kids. We all had to be taken to the hospital. So, be thankful you were not in the car.

It does not take much to "total" car these days, in light of the expensive repair work required. And, no, no way that stuff is going to buff out.

Hope your insurance company treats you well, and helps you recover your losses from the valet company.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
what did the valet hit?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
SUNOCO is what NASCAR uses.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
That sucks. Their insurace should cover everything, taxi, rental...
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Valet with no DL ?

nice

couple part time jobs i had that even remotely involved vehicles they wanted DL , Insurance, ran  credit and back ground  .....

Oh well such is Detroit I guess

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#10]
The thought of a so-called "Valet" driving my vehicle has always made me cring. Friggin worthless idiots in life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Sue for negligence, I'd be a major PITA against a company that hires a valet with no drivers license.

Does Ferris Buelers Day Off come to mind? YEEEEHAAAAAA!

And yes, I am serious about suing. Totally unacceptable business practices.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Glad you and your family is okay.  <––- Most important part.  *nudge*  

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Reputable Hotel/Company involved?  You'll be Ok.  Nothing a little time and a lawyer won't solve.

Be glad you werent in it.

Id much rather my SUV got damaged without me having a first hand experience in it.

Ive been in a head-on in a GMC Yukon, combined 130mph collision.  To say "DO NOT WANT" is an understatement
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#14]
thats no dent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess its time for SUV part 2, this time not government motors.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:37:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Hate to tell you but unless airbags deployed it is likely not totaled. Looks like about 6000.00 in damage.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#17]
That's not totaled. A good body shop can fix it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Valet with no licence...

Quoted:

SUNOCO is what NASCAR uses.

Valet must've thought he was being helpful and filled up with some 110 and couldn't handle the MASSIVE POWER

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn.

Note to self: Don't use valet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#20]
What the hell is a valet service doing hiring someone without a drivers license? I'm sure your insurance will be following up with that to recover their losses, assuming the valet company doesn't make everything alright, which is hard to believe if they hire unlicensed drivers to park cars. Best of luck to you sir on the outcome.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hate to tell you but unless airbags deployed it is likely not totaled. Looks like about 6000.00 in damage.

Sad but good point. That won't buff out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#22]
that'll buff out
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#23]
[spicoli] I can fix it.  My old man is a TV repairman and has this ultimate set of tools.  I can fix it [/spicoli]

Seriously though, that sucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The valet crashed our Envoy while bringing it around to us.   They really pissed me off because we had ours sons 23 months and 2 weeks old with us and they were bullshitting me around about where the car was.   We stood out there 20 minutes before i got in their face and they told me the car had been in an accident and it was around the block.   They said it was just dented so we walked over there to see it and then I had to go all the way back to Cobo to get the kids out of the cold.   The valet got a ticket for "disregarding a red" and not having a license.  They insurance had us get everything out of the Envoy because they think its totaled, I took the plate too.   I had to wait 3 hours for the damn towtruck to get there, then it was so late that the car rental was closed so I had to go to the airport to get the car, a $70 cab ride.   The car wrecked at 1500, finally got home at 2200.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0238.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0237.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0236.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0235.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0234.jpg

who did they hit?

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Had a taxicab driver t-bone me this winter....
USAA took care of everything...went after the other guy's insurance company for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
"Sue" comes to mind!
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Who is the hawt chick in the pics?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I used to work valet at a 4 star hotel, we would park the cars across the street in an under ground garage. If we were parking a sports car or something with power we would do donuts, roast the tires, totally beat the crap out of them. One time a during a black tie event a couple pulled up in a Mercedes convertible, the valet who was parking the car put the top down and went to Dunkin Donuts, he came back 20 min. later with his coffee. Another guy would steal almost anything he could out of cars. I know,  I was a jerk,  but I was only 19. People, NEVER trust the valet guy!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This .

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Did you see your new set of wheels at the auto show? Agreed what happened sucks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This. Cha ching! Talk about negligence...

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Let your ins go after them for everything,  if they do not recover ALL your costs then I agree lawyer up.    If they will not total it, I would probably lawyer up then as well.   Yea it can be fixed, and look nice,  but more often than not you end up with issues later on,  then at that point your pretty much SOL.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Lawyer up.

The company that hired the valet should be made to pay the replacement value of that vehicle, plus a little "idiot tax" on top of that.

It doesn't matter if the vehicle can be "fixed". It will likely never be the same again, so the retards that caused the damage should replace it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I saw a guy get jumped at the same gas station.  Fort street rocks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Jay and Silent Bob are parking cars now?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#37]
probably not totaled heres what happens next especially if your insurance is from progressive  lets say car is worth 8k damages are  8k, Progressive gets you to goto one of their approved shops they bid repair w/korean/Thailand Vietnam made aftermarket parts that will rust in a year or kill you in an accident, they bid 7k, ins co. says your car is not totaled after  a month with no car you get it back repaired final bill around 7.5k you now have a car that squeaks doenst track straight and they didnt repair your cracked engine mounts, and you have to pay deductible of $500 and your car is now worthless because car fax has it listed as having  damage its worth 1k less at trade in.  If you are luck they will total it, if not plan for the above fiasco, threaten to sue at every turn do not accept tinfoil "aftermarket" parts on your car, I hope this turns out better for you then it ever did for me, bastards from car ins co.s
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. Cha ching! Talk about negligence...

Any valet company that hired a driver without a license may not have much to get.

You may need an attorney to nudge the insurance company along, bu anything you recover they get a crack at under subrogation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Unless their is structural damage to the frame, I doubt that it is totaled.  I guess it just depends if the insurance company wants to total it because that's gonna be one expensive fix.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Make a couple of calls.  Call the valet (and/or hotel) and talk to them.  If the valet was in a hotel, then the hotel is liable too.  Tell them that you don't expect to make any profit, but that you expect them to cover all your losses.  
They'll either be reasonable, or they won't.  

Keep a record of exactly whom you spoke with, and when you spoke with them.  You'll need to be able to say: "I told them I was going to rent a replacement car from Hertz, and I told them that I wanted Bubba's repair shop to fix my car...".

Get a copy of the police report.  It'll take a week or two, and it will help with negotiations.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#41]
ETA: FOUND IT!!!

Retailing Giants Didn't Get That Way Through Kindness
December 06, 1995|By Mike Royko.One of the great success stories of our time is Wal-Mart. That homespun company really knows how to make money.

And Eric Matthys, a customer, says he recently got an idea of why they have done so well....

Beware...the same thing happened at a Chicago area Wal-Mart a few years ago...and Wally World crawfished on the liability.

Wal-Mart said that their tire installer did not have a driver's license (it had been revoked for DUI or something like that) and said that a DL was a requirement for the job. authorization to take the vehicle.

The tire installer took the customer's car for a test drive after some work was done and totalled the vehicle.without authoriazation and stripped/sold parts from it.

Wal-Mart maintained that THEIR tire installer alone was negligent and was not qualified to maintian employment at the time of the wreck, so they considered their installer "Resigned" when he took the car for a drive and the liability was ALL the installer's and not theirs.and was no longer their employee.

They fought the matter tooth, fang, and claw with all their legal resources. IIRC, the customer was screwed so badly that the local newspapers were writing stories about it.

Sorry, my memory faded with age but the general aspects were correct. The guy never got paid for his vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't let them fix it!!!! make sure they total it out , the car will NEVER drive the same.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#43]
You dont give your car to a valet in Detroit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0238.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0237.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0236.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0235.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/madmathew/918_0234.jpg

I absolutely hate valet parking, I avoid it as much as I can. This is why I do so. Sorry to hear that you have to deal with this, like others have said, I would sue the valet company.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Valet company has insurance

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

thread

Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Beware...the same thing happened at a Chicago area Wal-Mart a few years ago...and Wally World crawfished on the liability.

Wal-Mart said that their tire installer did not have a driver's license (it had been revoked for DUI or something like that) and said that a DL was a requirement for the job.

The tire installer took the customer's car for a test drive after some work was done and totalled the vehicle.

Wal-Mart maintained that THEIR tire installer alone was negligent and was not qualified to maintian employment at the time of the wreck, so they considered their installer "Resigned" when he took the car for a drive and the liability was ALL the installer's and not theirs.

They fought the matter tooth, fang, and claw with all their legal resources. IIRC, the customer was screwed so badly that the local newspapers were writing stories about it.

walmart fights EVERYTHING.  I have seen them in court over stolen merchandise that probably was less than $100.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sue for negligence, I'd be a major PITA against a company that hires a valet with no drivers license.

Does Ferris Buelers Day Off come to mind? YEEEEHAAAAAA!

And yes, I am serious about suing. Totally unacceptable business practices.

for real.  why don't I ever get cases like this!
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What the hell is a valet service doing hiring someone without a drivers license?

You ever try to find a bunch of licensed drivers who will work for mininum wage, outdoors, in DETROIT?
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top