Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2002 5:09:12 AM EDT
You should have seen the prices for AR mags!?! Have these people never heard of the internet? There was one old couple who had predomately AR part and uppers who has "golden" "Colt" mags for $90!!! NIW Colt for $95!!! All his mag prices were quite high but the AR mags as a whole at the show were crazy! BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:14:05 AM EDT
Gunshows are no longer the place to go to get a "deal". In fact, all of the hype surrounding them has actually allowed vendors to raise their prices. I saw a guy at the New Bern, NC gunshow with a $500 SAR 1. [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:09:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:12:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2002 9:13:59 AM EDT by Carbine_Man]
Funny, I had no trouble finding USGI 30 rounders for $10-14. NIW's were going for $25. I picked through the $10 ones and got three good ones for my growing collection... SAR-1's were going for $330 or so. {edited to add: at the Fayetteville, NC gun show, this past weekend}
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:51:56 AM EDT
Well carbine man I went on Sunday so maybe you or others got the reasoanble stuff Sat. The AR mags I saw were well uses and 2-6x "Internet" value. AK mags ranged from normal to 2x "internet" price. Glock mags were little on high side with only one, a G19 NDF for $50 being a good deal. I drove from Olean and ended up with 6 boxes of $3 CCI stinger 22s., a lansky knife sharpening set, double Mag holder for Fal mags. Boy that was worth the trip. [BD] BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:00:33 AM EDT
I went to a small local gunshow (Kingston, NY) over the weekend. I was horrified to see the prices these so called "dealers" were trying to charge for stuff. 2 examples - 300 rd. battle packs of South African 5.56 ammo were going for $44.00 + tax; New (not in box) Bushmaster 16" carbine with A2 stock and mini Y comp was listing for $1,250!! Are these people out of their minds??? I walked out without even buying any beef jerky!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:15:47 AM EDT
You would think that these "firearms and acc. salesmen" (they sure aren't DEALers) would get a clue and realize that their guns and mags ARE NOT SELLING. Gee, I wonder why? Do they not read shotgun news or cruise the internet? Do they think people will pay 2-6x more for the convienence of not having to wait for UPS or the the mailman? PUUULLLEEEEZZE! These guys would turn more cash on volume sales if they were priced reasonably. They better adapt and get into the 21st century if they want to survive. BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:23:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:05:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 12:45:24 PM EDT
Any of you guys find a place to put BRC flyers? We had them in 4 places at the Tulsa show. M1A1 had them in a couple of places at the Phoenix show & Magman had them at a show in northern IL. A dealer told us a saw a big stack at a MO show last weekend too & we don't know who put them there but THANKS! This was all last weekend. Shotgun News & Model 1 will have 2000 to pass out at Knob Creek. I am serious about the question at the top, any one of you do anything to promote AR15.COM or the BRC while at the show? Here is a link for flyers to be printed: [url]www.ar15-convention.com/pdf/brc-flyer.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:58:33 PM EDT
Ed, sorry to have missed you. If I knew you were going I would have e-mailed you so we could meet. Do you ever go to the Buffalo show? I have not been to that one in a couple of years. BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:17:28 PM EDT
I've made up several hundred flyers & have sent them with a good friend of mine who sets up at gunshows nearly every weekend, & who is now an AR15.com member, Mr Whiskers. He has put the flyers out at the following shows: Belleville IL Kankakee IL Overland Park KS Mamphis TN Columbia MS Kansas City I have also taken them to several gunshops & a range. The more exposure the better!!! ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:46:23 PM EDT
I bought a table at the militaria show @ the Mattydale (syracuse) VFW. nice little show. couple of diffrent guys said they had been to the Rochester show and it sucked. Syracuse show at the fair ground is usually pretty good. Would like to buy a table there, but no way am i spending $75 for a table. its not that good. Syracuse has also implimented their own manditory background check for ALL TRANSACTIONS can't even do a face to face with someone without it going thru a dealer. THAT'S BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:58:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:49:30 PM EDT
And the reply from the NY guys who went to the show....... zip, nada, zero, diddly well maybe another show.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:04:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Grin_N_Barrett: And the reply from the NY guys who went to the show....... zip, nada, zero, diddly well maybe another show.
View Quote
I`ll print some out and pass em around...but.....I`m on the OTHER end of new york......don`t go to too many shows anymore...waste of time.....but there`s one in little valley this weekend and...who knows?....maybe some of my fellow.."hicks"....might raise some interest???[:E]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:51:08 PM EDT
up here in the boonies, i am lucky if i hear of 2 shows within driveing range in a year, but i will see what i can do about that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 4:59:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: Seems like I guessed right in assuming that the hour drive was not worth the trouble. I don't mind paying a couple of extra bucks to get something right on the spot, but 3x what I can get the same thing for somewhere else is ridiculous.
View Quote
If I was anywhere near Rochester now I would gladly drive an hour just to go get a plate at Nick Tahou's. Wandering around a gun show window shopping would be a nice bonus.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 5:30:54 PM EDT
Top Top