Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 2:25:17 PM EDT
My 11 year old daughter and buddy Woden and i decided to try out a local public range. The place was a dump but it's a "no holds barred" range so we thought we'd give it a try.

I've posted a lot of pictures of my daughter shooting and I'm very proud of her. She never ceases to amaze me. She peppered the steel plate with all manner of firearm. Enjoy!

Here's a link to a very short video of her shooting an M1 Soccom Link

Here's my buddy Woden:

And finally yours truely (me):

If you can get past the trash, you can see where the bullet is "vaporizing" after hitting the steel plate and the casing is in the air.

I'm shooting the Glock 19 Morgan got for Christmas. It's a nice little gun capable of shooting very fast on target.

Bomber

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I Like the AR.

very nice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You've got a lucky kid, there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That just reminds me of all of the "she-men" I've met that say 7.62x51 is "too big" and kicks too much!

Take that!

That's pretty cool...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool Harlan!

Which rifle was her favorite?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
That krink looks like it was made for her, Lucky kid.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Very cool Harlan!

I liked my dads's AR! That things sweet and I'm trying to talk my dad into letting me take it to the Blackwater class that you and he took

Brasscatcher
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Depressing that it looks more like a landfill than a shooting range.    People suck.

Awesome pictures!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
You sir, are a great father!  Way to go.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Depressing that it looks more like a landfill than a shooting range.    People suck.

Awesome pictures!  

+1, Woden and I have adopted it and will trake away trash every time we go there. I doubt it will make a difference but what the hell!

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.darlynn.com/albums/album23/CIMG1194.sized.jpg

OK, I'm in love with your Krink.  I have a Yugo M92 kit that I bought recently.  I'm still waiting for a receiver to build it on.  If you don't mind my asking:

1)  Did you have it built as an SBR or with an extension first then file a Form 1?  

2)  Who built it?

3)  What brand of receiver did you use?  

There are few things I like more than going to a sand pit or to one of the ranges and blast away.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
props to you for making sure everyone was wearing eye protection, especially b/c you were shooting at steel targets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice day you had.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#16]
tell more about the m1 socom?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Awsome!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#18]
That's great ! I can't wait until my daughter's old enough to shoot with me. It looks like you are teaching her to be safe and responsible. Good job Dad. It's good that you're cleaning up around that place. Messes like that around shooting sites give gun owners a bad name, and sometimes end up getting a place put off limits for shooting. It looks like a rake and a trashbag would  do wonders around there.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the fun. Those are some really good looking rifles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice pics.  A trashbag and rake would do wonders+1
Max
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice!! But what is the rifle used in pics #2 and 3??

Sorry... I live in CA
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Very cool Harlan!

I liked my dads's AR! That things sweet and I'm trying to talk my dad into letting me take it to the Blackwater class that you and he took

Brasscatcher

Dad get that girl a AR !

I can't wait till my shooting partner can hold one up.
Great pics!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
a shot of the krink for fans:

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#24]
OK.  Now I have to have a krink.  Great pics.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice Krink and SOCOM!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#26]
That looks like The Cove Campground range.  Though it has been years since I've been there.  There used to be more trash...  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Your the best dad ever!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Is that MARPAT I see?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Well done.  Took my 6 yr old son shooting last week.  Working the single shot 22 like a trooper...."....Dad!  I can load it!"  Very proud.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Dad get that girl a AR !

That's been done. Here she is with HER AR:

Bomber

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice.  But you guys are in dire need of a "range clean up" day
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Bomber:

Just want to praise you for taking your daughter out to shoot.  I, too, have a daughter (12 yrs old) and will shortly start taking her out to the range to shoot daddy's AR's and still in the works SEI 18" M1A.

By the way, who did the camo pattern on your AR?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I mean this in the most sincere way....that girl, hopfully many years from now, will make one hell of a wife for a very lucky man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#34]
How do you like that socom?
I have been eyeing them for awhile now, they just seem kind of heavy!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Dad get that girl a AR !

www.darlynn.com/albums/Morgan-Shooting-2005/shooting_014.sized.jpg

Bomber

Well done !!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Bomber

Man a tac vest and everything.  Even a proper shooting stance.  Thats awesome

What range is that?  I'm always looking for a new range when I'm home in VA.  I go Hite Hollow when I can, but its a loooong drive for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#37]
You weren't kidding about the place being a dump. I don't understand people.

What kind of chest rig do you have there?

Makes me wish I had a 'daddy's girl.' My wife takes no interest
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Awesome pictures!  

there was some state land I shot at that was looking like that
I think that's why they closed it
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#39]

That looks like The Cove Campground range.

That's exactly where we were. To clarify, it's a pay range on private property that is open to the General Public. The owners evidently don't give a darn, but non the less, I hate litter.

Your the best dad ever!

My sincere thanks!

Well done. Took my 6 yr old son shooting last week. Working the single shot 22 like a trooper...."....Dad! I can load it!" Very proud.

That's about the age that I started Morgan. Keep up with it but do not put pressure on him. Keep it fun.

By the way, who did the camo pattern on your AR?

I did, it's Duracoat.

I mean this in the most sincere way....that girl, hopfully many years from now, will make one hell of a wife for a very lucky man.

That is exactly the plan. I want to raise her as a fully self sufficient woman who doesn't have to depend on a man and can then choose the man she wants to be with based upon desire rather than need. She will not be a sheep. She asked for a BOB for Christmas and likes to camp in the winter.

How do you like that socom?

That's Woden's Soccom. I never liked the M1 line until I shot his Soccom. It's very very comfortable to shoot and the way ammo prices and availibility is going, it's easier to feed than an AR . One day I will own one.

What kind of chest rig do you have there?

It's a Battle Labs with Strike pistol pouches, Maxpedition Roly Poly and radio pouch. Very comfortable

THamks for all of the positive comments. I'm very impressed with "Brasscatcher" and your comments are positive re enforcement for her!

Bomber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted :: 1/8/2006 9:14:51 PM EST

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey..Is that the range at Sleepy Creek??
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Man a tac vest and everything.  Even a proper shooting stance.  Thats awesome

What range is that?  I'm always looking for a new range when I'm home in VA.  I go Hite Hollow when I can, but its a loooong drive for me.

Yeah, that kneeling pic looks like she was trained at Camp Pendleton by the good old USMC!!

Good job dad!

I have my 8 year old daughter shooting her own .22 single shot Davey Crickett.  It's about the only gun I could find that would fit her.  She's pretty proud of herself too!

Maybe next year I'll have to put the collapsible stock back on my AR and let her give it a try!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#42]
That's about the age that I started Morgan. Keep up with it but do not put pressure on him. Keep it fun.

Good call on that no pressure.  

He was alittle frightened.  We put on ear plugs and ear muff w/eye protection.  I told him I would fire one round of 22lr as he stood behind me a couple yards.  If it scared him, all he had to do was tell me...no problems.  Fired the first round and he went from being a little frightened, to wanting to try it.  After about 20-25 rounds he said, "...thats enough."  I said, "No problem.  Did you like that?  Wanna do it again sometime?"  He said with a smile, " Yes sir!  Just not today."

Super kid.

Cheers to all those involved parents out there.  God Bless.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#43]
make a sign.
Put on it" range cleanup day xx/xx/06"  "if you use it please help clean it up"

Supply the bags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top