Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/27/2002 6:39:14 PM EDT
Having been around here for so long, and considering the nature of this site, I'm ashamed to tell all of you that I've never before fired a gun. A friend introduced me to this site - the support that everyone has shown through my trials with my son has kept me here. My brother-in-law's friend taught me to shoot today.. But he didn't have to teach me much!! [:)] He was very impressed. I started with his Sig handgun. On my target, I only had 4 shots in the 8 circle. Everything else was in the 9 and X. I had the X circle shot out so much that we had to patch it with some duct tape. All of that from 5 - 25 yards. He was so impressed that, for curiosity's sake, he had me shoot his revolver. I did just as well with it as I did the Sig. And then I got to move on to the big boys... The AR15's. [:D] I got to shoot both an A2 and an A4 - and I did just as well with them. He's decided that I'm either lying about having never gone shooting, or that I'm just naturally talented. I can't wait to do it again... [:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:45:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:52:29 PM EDT
I have taught several womenz who shot like pros after only an hour or so of training. I think its because they are total "blank slates" and can be eased into the sport the right way. We men however are another story. We think we are supposed to know about things like this, and resist being taught something that is different than what we see in the movies or hear on the street corner.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 7:13:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KnockItOff: Having been around here for so long, and considering the nature of this site, I'm ashamed to tell all of you that I've never before fired a gun. A friend introduced me to this site - the support that everyone has shown through my trials with my son has kept me here. My brother-in-law's friend taught me to shoot today.. But he didn't have to teach me much!! [:)] He was very impressed. I started with his Sig handgun. On my target, I only had 4 shots in the 8 circle. Everything else was in the 9 and X. I had the X circle shot out so much that we had to patch it with some duct tape. All of that from 5 - 25 yards. He was so impressed that, for curiosity's sake, he had me shoot his revolver. I did just as well with it as I did the Sig. And then I got to move on to the big boys... The AR15's. [:D] I got to shoot both an A2 and an A4 - and I did just as well with them. He's decided that I'm either lying about having never gone shooting, or that I'm just naturally talented. I can't wait to do it again... [:D]
View Quote
You're on a roll now, and this board will help you on your way. Keep it simple like you've been doing, and go right into your [b]ABC[/b]'s - [b][u]A[/u][/b]rmalite, [b][u]B[/u][/b]ushmaster, [b][u]C[/u][/b]olt [:D] [:D] .... Chris
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 7:48:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:01:41 PM EDT
Welcome to the club. Hope you continue to enjoy the shooting sports for years to come. Variety!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/27/2002 8:06:06 PM EDT by ECS]
Think AMMO man and lots of it...
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:09:46 PM EDT
what we got here, is a natural. what took you so long lady? [;)] p.s. good looking young boy you got there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 8:23:32 PM EDT
Now all you have to do is go out and buy yourself a gun [:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:38:09 PM EDT
There's no turning back. You're one of us now. Nice shootin', Tex![:D] coyote3
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/27/2002 10:45:06 PM EDT by deadeye47]
Originally Posted By KnockItOff: Having been around here for so long, and considering the nature of this site, I'm ashamed to tell all of you that I've never before fired a gun. A friend introduced me to this site - the support that everyone has shown through my trials with my son has kept me here. My brother-in-law's friend taught me to shoot today.. But he didn't have to teach me much!! [:)] He was very impressed. I started with his Sig handgun. On my target, I only had 4 shots in the 8 circle. Everything else was in the 9 and X. I had the X circle shot out so much that we had to patch it with some duct tape. All of that from 5 - 25 yards. He was so impressed that, for curiosity's sake, he had me shoot his revolver. I did just as well with it as I did the Sig. And then I got to move on to the big boys... The AR15's. [:D] I got to shoot both an A2 and an A4 - and I did just as well with them. He's decided that I'm either lying about having never gone shooting, or that I'm just naturally talented. I can't wait to do it again... [:D]
View Quote
Get your own BUSHMASTER (take all the money you saved by not having a picture of a pony on the side of your gun and buy some other neat stuff)and then give your credit card no. to eric the AMMOMAN.COM and have fun![:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 10:46:28 PM EDT
i brought my gf out today and she shot trap better than i did (1st time for both of us). now she says she's ready to go back to the range because she knows she can actually hit the target. instant confidence! the AR is also her favorite because she said it looks so cool.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:47:22 AM EDT
Way to go! All that I shot today was an M14 type.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 3:46:18 AM EDT
I'm busy working on my Christmas list... [:D]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:58:40 AM EDT
Top Top