Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 12:40:17 PM EDT
I was in WI this past weekend and went horseback riding.  It's amazing!

We went on a trail with some other people through a state forest and it was great.  It was a lesson/ride with a group and it was great.   I wasn't too crazy about the trotting part but it was fun!

My sister went with me and had a blast too.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Either you will get it out of yoru system or really really enjoy it. I took my last horse ride on an unguided tour in California with a skittish horse on winding California valey trails overlookign cliffs.  Scared the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My horse wasn't skittish, but he liked to eat grass(no-no with the ranch that owns the horses) and had 3 speeds(extremely slow, slow but comfy, and trotting.)  

I had a hard time switching heel/foot position in the stirrups when switching from trotting to walking and going up hills, etc.  But fun otherwise.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Saddle sore... it's coming.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I raced horses in playday events during the early '70's, did real well but got into bikes and cars by 75 and have not looked back....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Saddle sore... it's coming.....

Oh yeah, my legs were sore.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top