Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 5:06:49 PM EDT
Or SPLASH IN if you please....

I have a California King sized WaterBed, for 8 years now....

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:08:39 PM EDT
I had one for years and I dont think I'll ever get another one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
The 80's wants their thread back...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:13:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chokey:

They cant have it back, and it is the 70s wants thier thread back......
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:13:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
I had one for years and I dont think I'll ever get another one.

Why?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:14:53 PM EDT
nope ... latex foam with a memory foam topper
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:18:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1shott:

But the trend ended in the 80's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:21:05 PM EDT
I had a king size and some nice memories to go with it but when I got transfered in 2001 I left it in a rental house in Panama City, FL. It wasn't worth the trouble to move it, plus I had only paid $50 for it so somebody else might be making waves on it now
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:28:51 PM EDT
Is this Arfcom or a martha stewart website?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:35:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1shott:

But the trend ended in the 80's.

HA, not in my world......
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:35:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By packnru:
Is this Arfcom or a martha stewart website?

ARF.com with decorating flare,
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:41:55 PM EDT
When I was a kid we were at the mattress store and I said I wanted a water bed.

The nice old salesman said "no you dont son, why, the first time you go to sleep with a screwdriver in your pocket you'll poke a hole in it"

Fast foward like 8 years and I woke up from a nap one day and the first thing that struck me was I had a screwdriver in my pocket because we had been doing something earlier and I was like "damn, he was right"
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:44:22 PM EDT
I hate waterbeds. I've only slept on a few but never got a nights sleep in any of them. Patty
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:46:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:
I hate waterbeds. I've only slept on a few but never got a nights sleep in any of them. Patty

Sleep is the last thing you want to do on a waterbed babe....
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:46:29 PM EDT
Had a King sized water bed for a few years back in the early 80s. It was ok, but nothing I would want again.

Not long after I first got it I bought a new dress shirt. This was back when the shirts we pinned together with about 2 dozen pins to keep them in the fold. So I did like I had done all my life, I sat down on the bed and began pulling the pins. Got nearly all of them out before I realized that it wasn't a great idea to be using my bed as a pin cushion anymore.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:11:15 PM EDT
I have a king size now - and its leaking. . . .

Bought a super single to replace it. I'm going to move into a different room and put a std Queen size bed in the Master bedroom which will be for guests. I will shut off the heat to the master bedroom to conserve now.

I still love a plain waterbed - waves and all - keeps you warm in winter, when I get uber cheap and drop the thermostat down to 58°F.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
I've been sleeping in one since I was 14, I was 6"4" by then and just didn't fit on regular beds to well anymore. My mom and dad had a waterbed and I liked taking naps on it so they got me one.

That was 24 years ago and now my wife loves them too, both hers and my backs are screwed up anytime we have to sleep on a regular bed. I guess I'm stuck now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:06:21 PM EDT
My wife and I had a waterbed when we first got married. We had to get rid of it. It was causing us to drift apart!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:13:55 PM EDT
I was looking for a new bed because we needed one and i'm a light sleeper and wanted one that would not move when the other person moves. We wound up getting a baffled waterbed. At first it seemed nice and it didn't make waves but eventually it made my whole body ache. I happened slow and I couldn't tell what was happening but after spending a few nights elsewhere I finally put 2 and 2 together and got a different bed.

I had a hard time even giving that thing away.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:04:37 PM EDT
King Size Waveless I will never own anything eles now
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:06:39 PM EDT
Bought my first one in 1980.
King sized, cheap.

It's 2005 now, and while I still have/sleep on it, the only original thing left on it is the outer frame rails.

I'm 6'5" and can't sleep on a normal mattress without my legs hanging off.

A good (Not great!) "Normal" mattress set is $600-$1000! & lasts...what? 5-8 years? Tops!

I have had this bed 25 years!
I have replaced the liner and mattress 1 time. (Serta mattress/full motion)
I have replaced the heater twice.
I rebuilt the bed's frame and made it taller 20+ years ago.

I MIGHT have $325-$350 dollars into the whole thing.

I've tried all kinds of mattresses & beds..........I'll keep my waterbed....Thanks!

It's warm in the winter & Cool in the summer....And virtually no tossing or turning.

It works for me.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:30:52 PM EDT
We had a king-size for a long time, ten or fifteen years. WITHOUT A FRAME!! All my friends thought I was NUTZ!

I just built a support with 2x10's, and a flat top surface of 5/8's ply, and put the mattress right on it! I filled it so that it had a slight crown, or bulge, on the top of the mattress, and that was it. I have never bumped any body parts on a waterbed frame, and my wife and I just loved sleeping on that big thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:34:56 PM EDT
When my wife and I moved out and bought our first house, we took her Queen size waterbed.

I HATE the damn thing. I never had a waterbed growing up, and have not gotten a good nights sleep in almost three years! I put a regular bed in my office so I can get a break from that damn waterbed!

grrrrr....

Av.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 9:39:04 PM EDT by NimmerMehr]
Had one for 5 years as a teen.. I think my minor back pain is in part due to it.

Edit. I never want one again. I now have one them super duper firm matresses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 9:46:01 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]

Really, the reason I got one is because the one time I slept on one it knocked me right out.

Can't fall asleep on a regular bed anymore.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:07:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Really, the reason I got one is because the one time I slept on one it knocked me right out.

Can't fall asleep on a regular bed anymore.

Well I would have never made a good sailor. I get motion sickness to easily. Patty
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:27:22 PM EDT
Got one when I was two. It lasted until a couple years after I moved out for college. I came back for christmas, flopped down on the bed, and the then-18 year old mattress finally gave out. Frankly, I'm surprised it lasted that long, given the rather, um, vigorous activities that occured there during HS.

As soon as I get settled somewhere, I'm getting another one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:28:57 PM EDT
I love my waterbed. It keeps the sheets warm in the winter so when I climb into bed after a hard day at work its nice and warm. I sleep like a friggin rock on it, and as a added bonus my feet don't hang off the end .

But I can still sleep anywhere without difficulty, just ask any of my high school teachers
Top Top