Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/25/2016 12:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/25/2016 12:29:05 PM EDT by TacticalGarand44]
I was out shooting my 6.5 Grendel yesterday morning, operating like a badass. I hear a click, but no bang, so I rack the charging handle and see that my rifle has run dry, and failed to lock back on the last round. Not a big deal. I rack the handle again to get it to lock back on the empty magazine, but it rails to engage the bolt catch. One more time I pull it back, I tilt the gun to look into the ejection port and see if the follower is jammed, and release the handle.

It turns out that as I tilted the gun to look inside, it made contact with my jacket. When I release the charging handle, it caught a fold of my jacket between the upper receiver and the charging handle, tearing a nice little hole in my favorite Carhartt jacket.

tl;dr:

I put a hole in my jacket with a gun. Not the way you might think. What's the best way to mend a hole in a Carhartt jacket the size of a dime?

ETA the hole is the size of a dime. Not the jacket.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:33:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
I was out shooting my 6.5 Grendel yesterday morning, operating like a badass. I hear a click, but no bang, so I rack the charging handle and see that my rifle has run dry, and failed to lock back on the last round. Not a big deal. I rack the handle again to get it to lock back on the empty magazine, but it rails to engage the bolt catch. One more time I pull it back, I tilt the gun to look into the ejection port and see if the follower is jammed, and release the handle.

It turns out that as I tilted the gun to look inside, it made contact with my jacket. When I release the charging handle, it caught a fold of my jacket between the upper receiver and the charging handle, tearing a nice little hole in my favorite Carhartt jacket.

tl;dr:

I put a hole in my jacket with a gun. Not the way you might think. What's the best way to mend a hole in a Carhartt jacket the size of a dime?

View Quote

Next time you might want to buy a quality jacket.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/25/2016 12:34:54 PM EDT by 50-140]
Cover it with something larger, a piece of cloth, patch whatever.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:36:36 PM EDT
So, a charging handle will tear it, but a 9mm won't punch thru. Interesting...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:03:31 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scared_of_zombies:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scared_of_zombies:

tl;dr:

I've worn it hard for three years, and this is the first sign on wear it's had. It's plenty durable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:04:30 PM EDT
Sounds like we need to contact Striker and start a fund raiser
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:05:41 PM EDT
Take it to a tailor shop. They'll fix it for a couple of bucks. Probably less than $5.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:07:45 PM EDT

tl;dr:

View Quote

Place a molon labe patch over hole and have husband sew it on for you.

Top Top