User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 6:47:55 PM EDT
At least they backed off the asinine bases plan

Just read the first paragraph or two:

MLB and SpiderMan 2 Weekend
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]

I think it's a good idea to remove it also.
 There are ways of advertising without intefere the integrity of the game.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Integrity?  That game's had no integrity since the day that asshat Selig became "commissioner".  What a friggin' JOKE he is.  Don't worry...they'll be hard at work trying to figure out what they CAN get away with re the "signage".  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Integrity?  That game's had no integrity since the day that asshat Selig became "commissioner".  What a friggin' JOKE he is.  Don't worry...they'll be hard at work trying to figure out what they CAN get away with re the "signage".  

Sure.  Selig is sucked.  But....Don't blame the game, blame the people in it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Selig must go. He is booed everywhere he goes and I don't know why he is still commissioner. Tommy Lasorda should be his replacement.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I find the idea of using the words "baseball" and "integrity" in the same sentence hilarious.  It's become a sideshow of steroid-freak breaking records and primadonnas getting huge salaries, with the greed of the players only surpassed by the greed of the team owners.

If I want to watch baseball and have fun, I'll watch little-league, but that still doesn't overcome the fundamental flaw in the game which is that it's mindnumbingly boring and I would barely call it a "sport" when 90% of the "players" spend 90% of their time either standing around scratching their  ass or sitting on it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I find the idea of using the words "baseball" and "integrity" in the same sentence hilarious.  It's become a sideshow of steroid-freak breaking records and primadonnas getting huge salaries, with the greed of the players only surpassed by the greed of the team owners.

If I want to watch baseball and have fun, I'll watch little-league, but that still doesn't overcome the fundamental flaw in the game which is that it's mindnumbingly boring and I would barely call it a "sport" when 90% of the "players" spend 90% of their time either standing around scratching their  ass or sitting on it.

aren't you european? you should appreciate the pace of the game. and any sport where if you fail 70% of the time you're considered a great hitter, well, that's a sport. accusations of steroid use are  overblown, and i'm sure prevalence is the same as in most other sports. on a sidenote, bud selig should be dragged out into the street and shot.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
piss hand.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aren't you european? you should appreciate the pace of the game. and any sport where if you fail 70% of the time you're considered a great hitter, well, that's a sport. accusations of steroid use are  overblown, and i'm sure prevalence is the same as in most other sports. on a sidenote, bud selig should be dragged out into the street and shot.

If I wanted a slow-paced sport, I'd watch CURLING !!  I love curling
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
It's impossible for me to like baseball.

I'm from Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i like curling, too. it mesmerized me at the last olympics. at first i hated it, then i couldn't keep from watching it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey.  I watched curling in the Olympic.  Contestant/player pushed that little thingie, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Find a copy of the movie Men with Brooms then.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You must not have been a baseball fan for very long.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Spiderman 2 got better advertising from the controversy than if they had just placed an ad behind home plate.  
I rarely watch baseball anymore but I've heard more about the movie from this whole thing than
if I watched any of the games.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Selig...

Well...

If he leaves the commissioner slot, we get him back...

(stupid... broke... milwaukee... brewers...)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not as much as you, but long enough to understand.

What do you have in mind, G-man?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:38:06 AM EDT
[#17]
When it comes to boring nothing beats soccer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#18]
That advertising scheme was a fricken travesty. What a bone-headed idea.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I know the soul of the game has been sold. But I still like to go to a pro game very now and then, and sorta pretend.......

I still say that everyone should at least attend a pro baseball game once in their lives.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Well let's see, sit on ass and watch baseball/football/whatever fixed pro sport or go to the range?

Tuff choice.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I see your point.  I rarely watch sports on TV at all. VERY RARELY!!!

I am more likely to be watching the Food Network than ESPN.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I see your point.  I rarely watch sports on TV at all. VERY RARELY!!!

I am more likely to be watching the Food Network than ESPN.

Sorry for being crass/cynical. Pro sports politics makes me

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The integrity of the  game was gone when the cancelled half  the regular season and  the entire post season for a strike.

Any professional athlete who strikes is nuthin but a money hungry bastage.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Just what they needed to cheapen the game even worse. Thank god it did not happen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Selig...

Well...

If he leaves the commissioner slot, we get him back...

(stupid... broke... milwaukee... brewers...)

Yeah, too bad his plan to contract the Twins to increase his team's market share failed miserably.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It's impossible for me to like baseball.

I'm from Cincinnati.

heheheh
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The integrity of the  game was gone when the cancelled half  the regular season and  the entire post season for a strike.

Any professional athlete who strikes is nuthin but a money hungry bastage.

I agree with you here.  
 But like I said: don't blame the game, blame the people in it.
 Because of the strike, MLB has lost a lot of fans, and they're no longer our 'national pasttime', IMO.  MLB has tried hard to gain its fans back.  This, of course, will take time and depending on the players, owners and its commisioner, and their marketing people. Of course again, as Selig as a commisioner, there is a saying:  'Good luck with all that !!'

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Advertising does not belong on bases or the players uninforms.  On the ballpark walls no problem, on the jumbo-trons no problem, throughout the concourse of the stadium no problem,  just keep it off the field and the bases.  I love baseball it is my favorite sport.  

It is bad enough with all the ads in sports already I hate to see the advertisers get the better part of sports by being allowed to advertise where ever they want.  Look at NASCAR and racing sports.  It is just one big ad going in a circle for 3 hours.  I am not bashing NASCAR or racing as I enjoy watching it but I think racing ads are out of hand.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I love baseball.  In a way, it may seem to move slow if you're not paying attention to what's going on.  And while it may SEEM like 90% of the time the players are doing nothing, I'd invite you to go actually play the sport, it seems much different !!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]
The Reds suck! When does football start?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well let's see, sit on ass and watch baseball/football/whatever fixed pro sport or go to the range?

Tuff choice.

Exactly.  Id rather go shooting, clean guns or move around ammo.  If Im not doing that I'll still get more entertinment out of AR15.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top