Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:30:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
But you do that for fellow arfcommers right?.........RIGHT?........damn you good cops and your morals.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I ran into a former co-worker of mine about two weeks ago when I was taking a dinner break. Today I got a call and email from the person (I missed the call), saying they got a passing in a no passing zone citation and wanted to know if I could help them out.

Sorry but I don't ask other LEO's to drop tickets for friends. I told the person they should contact the LEO directly and talk to them about dropping the ticket.

Or perhaps he should just take his medicine? glad you didn't hook him up though.

By the way, I've got this ticket for public indescency, could you help me out??

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have said, "traffic school".
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]

What the hell is the matter with people?  You would think not feeling like a giant douche-bag when asking that favor would be worth just paying the ~100 bucks or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't even know that you could  ask to have a ticket dropped.

Next time I'm driving through a school zone at 140 MPH, naked, with a Vanilla Ice & Eminim duet blaring and I get pulled over, I'll just say to the cop "You mind if we just drop this whole ticket business?  I don't think it'll look too good if any of this gets out."
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I always thought once the ticket was in the system, there is no "helping out".  It's between you and the court.

At least that's what my LEO friends have always said.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
This is why I only ask for favors if I have no other choice.
he should have just mentioned it, and asked for your advice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always thought once the ticket was in the system, there is no "helping out".  It's between you and the court.

At least that's what my LEO friends have always said.

lol
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
How was it asked?

1. Help by useing your LEO powers to make it disappear?

or

2. Help by giving advice on what to do or say in court?
If I were to ask a LEO friend for help with a ticket I'd be asking 2.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Is this the person who bought you dinner
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But you do that for fellow arfcommers right?.........RIGHT?........damn you good cops and your morals.

This.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Next time I'm driving through a school zone at 140 MPH, naked, with a Vanilla Ice & Eminim duet blaring

WAIT A SECOND, they did a duet?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

I have been driving thru XXXXXX for almost 3 years 2 times a day 5 days a week. I never speed I always follow the rules. I made a judgement call and did an improper pass of course in front of a cute young cop. I even think it was ur partner.  Lol.  Y'all all look the same in those sexy uniforms. Such a sucker for a man in uniform.  Anyway....Is there anything u can do?  It was either hit the car turning in front of me, have the suv that was riding my tail go up my tail pipe cuz it was wet or illegally pass a turning car. Ticket is still cheaper than a 3 car accident but thought I would ask. I understand if there is nothing u can do but never hurts to ask. Lol.  U start working for XXXXX and I get my first ticket in probably 10 years! Lol. Can I blame u?  Haaha.  Talk to u later. At least I might have made u smile. =)   I am helping the city od XXXXXX afterall.  
XXX

Dumbass.

She ain't asking for help with the ticket, she is asking for handcuffs and some stick time.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Citabria fixed a houston toll thing (I accidentally got in the toll lane and didn't have any change) for me, once.

Er, at least I hope he did.  Maybe I should stay away from houston...

eta: Of course, I don't think I exactly asked for help, just for advice.  He volunteered it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#18]
"Defensive Driving School, here I come!"

HH
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

I have been driving thru XXXXXX for almost 3 years 2 times a day 5 days a week. I never speed I always follow the rules. I made a judgement call and did an improper pass of course in front of a cute young cop. I even think it was ur partner.  Lol.  Y'all all look the same in those sexy uniforms. Such a sucker for a man in uniform.  Anyway....Is there anything u can do?  It was either hit the car turning in front of me, have the suv that was riding my tail go up my tail pipe cuz it was wet or illegally pass a turning car. Ticket is still cheaper than a 3 car accident but thought I would ask. I understand if there is nothing u can do but never hurts to ask. Lol.  U start working for XXXXX and I get my first ticket in probably 10 years! Lol. Can I blame u?  Haaha.  Talk to u later. At least I might have made u smile. =)   I am helping the city od XXXXXX afterall.  
XXX

Are you reading what I'm reading?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

Dumbass.

She ain't asking for help with the ticket, she is asking for handcuffs and some stick time.

TRG

THIS!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

PLEASE tell us this former co-worker is female...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How was it asked?

or

The email.

I
have been driving thru XXXXXX for almost 3 years 2 times a day 5 days a
week. I never speed I always follow the rules. I made a judgement call
and did an improper pass of course in front of a cute young cop. I even
think it was ur partner. Lol. Y'all all look the same in those sexy
uniforms. Such a sucker for a man in uniform. Anyway....Is there
anything u can do? It was either hit the car turning in front of me,
have the suv that was riding my tail go up my tail pipe cuz it was wet
or illegally pass a turning car. Ticket is still cheaper than a 3 car
accident but thought I would ask. I understand if there is nothing u
can do but never hurts to ask. Lol. U start working for XXXXX and I get
my first ticket in probably 10 years! Lol. Can I blame u? Haaha. Talk
to u later. At least I might have made u smile. =) I am helping the
city od XXXXXX afterall.

XXX

Man....hookers charge more than a $100 ticket to suck a dick, according to ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

All I got out of it was this:

go up my tail pipe cuz it was wet

So I say she's begging for some "stick time"
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

seems to me it's 2 with the door open for 1 and a whole lot of flirt.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, young lady, I'd like to help you out. Hows bout we get together and "discuss" it ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like "I'll trade ya some booty for making this ticket go away."

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't blame you.  I wouldn't do it either in your position.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What the hell is the matter with people?  You would think not feeling like a giant douche-bag when asking that favor would be worth just paying the ~100 bucks or whatever.

+ a million.  I'd rather pay the $100 and retain some damn dignity
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think she is open to whatever position you prefer !
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

seems to me it's 2 with the door open for 1 and a whole lot of flirt.

Have to agree.  I think this little lady wants Bama to use the cuffs on her

ETA: So Bama, you gonna use the cuffs on her
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think she is open to whatever position you prefer !

rimshot!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I think we need some pics to give you a proper response...

ETA: Pics or BAN!!!!!!!!!111!1!!!1
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

I have been driving thru XXXXXX for almost 3 years 2 times a day 5 days a week. I never speed I always follow the rules. I made a judgement call and did an improper pass of course in front of a cute young cop. I even think it was ur partner.  Lol. Y'all all look the same in those sexy uniforms. Such a sucker for a man in uniform.  Anyway....Is there anything u can do?  It was either hit the car turning in front of me, have the suv that was riding my tail go up my tail pipe cuz it was wet or illegally pass a turning car. Ticket is still cheaper than a 3 car accident but thought I would ask. I understand if there is nothing u can do but never hurts to ask. Lol.  U start working for XXXXX and I get my first ticket in probably 10 years! Lol. Can I blame u?  Haaha.  Talk to u later. At least I might have made u smile. =)   I am helping the city od XXXXXX afterall.  
XXX

Dumbass.

TRG

And its Guarranteed if you do the ticket! ... Im not saying you should...but yeah I agree ...with what he said.  If you were talking to a druggie and they made that many allusions to drugs ...what would you think ??

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

Thank god he isnt a detective.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Hmm, were going to need pics of your friend to further assess the situation...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have to agree.  I think this little lady wants Bama to use the cuffs on her

ETA: So Bama, you gonna use the cuffs on her

She was a big flirt back when we worked together and I have no doubts I could have tagged it then if I wanted.

No time better than the present!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Fatty is obviously a fatty.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Dumbass.

TRG

It's pretty bad when 1NUTGUMMER's girlfriend figures it out before you, Bama.

Would you hit it?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#43]
She didn't even bother to do a spell-check and check over her grammar before asking a favor?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I ran into a former co-worker of mine about two weeks ago when I was taking a dinner break. Today I got a call and email from the person (I missed the call), saying they got a passing in a no passing zone citation and wanted to know if I could help them out.

Sorry but I don't ask other LEO's to drop tickets for friends. I told the person they should contact the LEO directly and talk to them about dropping the ticket.

Or perhaps he should just take his medicine? glad you didn't hook him up though.

By the way, I've got this ticket for public indescency, could you help me out??

Just got out of one of these... cost me 1125.00... Glad the ADA likes to do canonballs nakid off hotel balconys...(see locked thread!)

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How was it asked?

or

The email.

XXX

damn tried to butter you up pretty good too....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Should have told her "No problem, it's gone" and done nothing...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#48]
I get that on occasion too...except I'm an attorney, so I've come to expect it.    I just tell them it's not my specialty and it's cheaper to go through one of the attorneys or firms that specializes in traffic citations.

Edit: I agree with some of the above posters.  I don't think she was really expecting you to get her out of the ticket.  I think she just threw it out there just in case.  Her email mostly reads like hey-I-just-want-an-excuse-to-flirt-with-you-and-maybe-get-out-of-a-ticket-at-the-same-time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This X 10

I know, on a first name basis, more law officers than I can count. I know the county sheriff on a first name basis and the DA is a personal friend (comes from litterally thousands of hours of political activity and community service). I would be deeply embarrassed to have any of them know I was doing something I shouldn't be.

YMMV

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dumbass.

TRG

It's pretty bad when 1NUTGUMMER's girlfriend figures it out before you, Bama.
Would you hit it?

Considering I already knew I could hit if I wanted I tend to over look that part.

No.

Does her DL has a vision endorsement?  

Or was it really dark when she met you?

TRG
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top