Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:02:36 PM EDT
Wtf, tonight i was looking at my foot and noticed a few dark areas under the scar tissue. So i got to digging around and pulled out over a inch of fiber left inside me. Is this common ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You're just lucky it wasn't a junior mint
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
most suture materials have a finite lifespan and are designed to be reabsorbed by the body.

so, yes, it's normal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Heh well there is still one more dark spot under the scar tissue,maybe ill get lucky But this one is pretty deep.My wife said let me try ill use some baby oragel and a razor,you wont feel it no thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Feels funny to pull them out, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh well there is still one more dark spot under the scar tissue,maybe ill get lucky But this one is pretty deep.My wife said let me try ill use some baby oragel and a razor,you wont feel it no thanks.

I pulled about a half inch of thick brown nylon looking "string" out of my hernia scar about a year after the operation, it was just poking out of the skin
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I like pulling my own stitches....last time I got stapled, those were fun to take out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I split my chin open 4 years ago while ice skating...I got 9 stitches. When I got them taken out they forgot 2. To their defence I hadent shaved in weeks, and could hardly see them myself.

Yes, it feels weird pulling them out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#9]
the stainless steel wire sutures are the funnest to have removed, you only see the two knotted coils on the end, but then when they pull it out the things like a foot and a half long.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather be beat in the face with a turd than have stitches pulled. I'm not sure doctors understand that pulling thread out of sore meat hurts!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#11]
When they first tried to fix my leg I had 24 staples closing the 14" long scar.  They itched like hell.  So I pulled 12 of them out.  The doc was NOT happy!  Kind of fun pulling them out yourself, until you get one you're yanking and find out there is raw flesh attached - OUCH.  

BTW:  ganking them out doesn't stop the itching
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd rather be beat in the face with a turd than have stitches pulled. I'm not sure doctors understand that pulling thread out of sore meat hurts!!!

Have you BEEN hit in the face with a turd ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It happens, bro.  Mistakes occur in every single profession out there.  Of course, those might have been those internal stiches that are designed to disolve?  Pulling my staples out was dumb, but it's like having sex with your cousin:  not very smart, but fun at the time.  

No one is belitting docs.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top